Halloween- Irish Ghost stories

Started by supersarsfields, October 22, 2013, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Just for the time of year we're getting into. I always used to love a good read of local ghost stories. Anyone got some good local ones that are worth a read. Always liked the ones that are linked to events in history.

Here's one local Tyrone one to get started.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/haunting-tale-of-a-ghost-from-tyrone-28503487.html

ziggysego

The Banshee once hit me in the back, in the graveyard in Gortin. True story.
Testing Accessibility

southdown

Tell us more Ziggy, this stuff intrigues me.

Under Lights

Settling in for Ziggy's revelations.

supersarsfields

This had better not be another shart story Ziggy!!

BennyCake

Quote from: supersarsfields on October 22, 2013, 01:12:52 PM
Just for the time of year we're getting into. I always used to love a good read of local ghost stories. Anyone got some good local ones that are worth a read. Always liked the ones that are linked to events in history.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/haunting-tale-of-a-ghost-from-tyrone-28503487.html

Oh not the Coalisland/Brackaville ghost again! I seen this 'ghost' with my own two eyes. It was the headlights of my own car. Now that IS a true story.

Under Lights

Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2013, 04:26:56 PM

Oh not the Coalisland/Brackaville ghost again! I seen this 'ghost' with my own two eyes. It was the headlights of my own car. Now that IS a true story.

Give me the science. How did your car lights cause this phenomenon?

Do people still see the 'Ghost' when driving or just a select few depending on their headlights setting.

BennyCake

Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2013, 04:44:23 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2013, 04:26:56 PM

Give me the science. How did you're car lights cause this phenomenon?

Do people still see the 'Ghost' when driving or just a select few depending on their headlights setting.

There's a dip in the road where this ghost is meant to be seen. When driving into the dip, the angle of your lights and the road makes it look like there's a white figure moving across the road in front of you.

I can't explain the science, but that's what I seen loads of times. And yes, you will still see it, driving from Brackaville towards Stewartstown.

Under Lights

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

Was this her?

Looks and sounds like a banshee anyway....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2013, 04:54:37 PM
Bit disappointing that.

They milked it that week though, and fair f**ks to them too. Even newspapers and TV crews from Britain were there. It must have been a slow news week.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on October 22, 2013, 04:55:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

Was this her?

Looks and sounds like a banshee anyway....

You leave my wee Janet alone.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Gortin...where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

CD

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 22, 2013, 11:41:07 PM
Gortin...where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

That would be a great first line for a ghost story!! :)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.