Help - selling SORN vehicle

Started by supersarsfields, June 15, 2011, 01:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Hi All,

Just wondering if I could pick up a bit of information here with regards to selling an old car of mine. I SORN'ed it last July when I was going over to the UK for a year. The car was running at the time but had a bit of engine trouble. Would have needed a bit of work done to it. I had planned on getting it fixed and selling it on.
But I'm back home now and have another vehicle that  bought when over in the UK. So I'm looking to sell the vehicle now the way it is. The vehicle would have been worth £1200-£1500 if the engine was running ok. But to be honest I don't want to put anymore money into it so just looking to sell it the way it is.

I've emailed a few salvage yards that I know of through work just to get a few bids on it. But if anyone else had any garages or yards that they think might be interested in this sort of stuf I'd appreciate a heads up.

Oh it's a late 2002 Ford Mondeo TDCI 1998cc. 130 BHP.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 15, 2011, 01:49:49 PM
Hi All,

Just wondering if I could pick up a bit of information here with regards to selling an old car of mine. I SORN'ed it last July when I was going over to the UK for a year. The car was running at the time but had a bit of engine trouble. Would have needed a bit of work done to it. I had planned on getting it fixed and selling it on.
But I'm back home now and have another vehicle that  bought when over in the UK. So I'm looking to sell the vehicle now the way it is. The vehicle would have been worth £1200-£1500 if the engine was running ok. But to be honest I don't want to put anymore money into it so just looking to sell it the way it is.

I've emailed a few salvage yards that I know of through work just to get a few bids on it. But if anyone else had any garages or yards that they think might be interested in this sort of stuf I'd appreciate a heads up.

Oh it's a late 2002 Ford Mondeo TDCI 1998cc. 130 BHP.

Stick her up on Gumtree, plenty of people looking there.