Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Might as well get this thread started. Current odds:

Mayo 1/4
Tipp 7/2
Draw 10/1

From the Bunker

Well done to Tipp.

Nice to see some hard work against the odds rewarded.

Never thought Mayo and Tipp would be meeting in an AI semi-final again so soon.

Tradition says Mayo should win.

To be honest it's hard get excited or even care about the rest of the Championship.

Farrandeelin

The 'forgotten' semifinal. We'll know the night before if it should go ahead or not.

It will be interesting to see how Mayo cope with Tipperary around the middle. Our midfield is light enough in my opinion. Ruane, despite being motm the last day, was poor in the first half I thought. I suppose it will come down to the team that wins the most breaks. Hopefully that will be Mayo. Our forwards need to improve. Tipp have enough quality forwards to punish us if our shooting is as wild as it was the last two days.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 23, 2020, 05:44:58 PM
Well done to Tipp.

Nice to see some hard work against the odds rewarded.

Never thought Mayo and Tipp would be meeting in an AI semi-final again so soon.

Tradition says Mayo should win.

To be honest it's hard get excited or even care about the rest of the Championship.

Everybody knows that the Dubs are funded
Every knows that the gah don't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Good to see Horan mentioning this:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1124/1180258-horan-blasts-outrageous-match-day-panel-regulations/

I watched back a bit of the Tipp game and apart from the star men, I thought Fahey at CHB for them was very good. Fox got on some amount of breaking ball also, he seemed to be everywhere

Blowitupref

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 25, 2020, 01:33:17 PM

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1124/1180258-horan-blasts-outrageous-match-day-panel-regulations/

I watched back a bit of the Tipp game and apart from the star men, I thought Fahey at CHB for them was very good. Fox got on some amount of breaking ball also, he seemed to be everywhere

He's absolutely right. All panelists that have been training hard all year should be allowed to attend matches.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 25, 2020, 03:07:28 PM

He's absolutely right. All panelists that have been training hard all year should be allowed to attend matches.

I agree with the point but I can't help but see Horan as a bit of a hypocrite considering when he names teams he doesn't even do the subs the dignity of naming them never mind the panel members outside the match day 26. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 25, 2020, 03:32:56 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 25, 2020, 03:07:28 PM

I agree with the point but I can't help but see Horan as a bit of a hypocrite considering when he names teams he doesn't even do the subs the dignity of naming them never mind the panel members outside the match day 26.

I'm sure he names the 26 many days before a match to his players in private.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rosnarun

the subs and team  are normally 95% correct on the program so its obvious the panel know the team by Wednesday at least .
he doesn't seem to play silly beggars any more .unlike galway who were farcical on connaght final day,
Worst since they had M donnellan  limp around the parade ,  as 17th man,

I cant remember who the other no playing marcher was. Clancy?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

galwayman

Are you talking about Comer being on the bench?
Galway started 14 of the named 15.
The guy that didn't play was being given every chance to be right but wasn't ready by game day.
They are forced to name the team by a certain day.

Verticalball

Lads whats the story with the older Mayo lads? Are Boyle, Higgins, etc still on the extended panel?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Verticalball on November 27, 2020, 11:00:46 PM
Lads whats the story with the older Mayo lads? Are Boyle, Higgins, etc still on the extended panel?

Yes!

Getting ready for their end of days.

Lar Naparka

Yes, they are all there- I think Jason Doherty is sidelined but, AFAIK, all the heroes of yesteryear are still there and competing for places.
Horan has gone public to express his disgust at the restriction on the size of the panel to the usual 26- meaning others who are not named on the panel are excluded. He has also said that all members of his full panel are competing for places and nobody's place on the starting fifteen is assured.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Armagh18

They were both named on the bench vs Galway as far as I remember