2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

Yahoo!! Great week for Laois football. John Sugrue is some man. To throw David Seale on for his debut at this stage of the year is something else!!

SCFC

Cavan, Cork or Galway for a place in the last 8.
I'll take that!! Brilliant stuff...

Chrimtain

For me, matching what we did last year is huge. Nothing like consistency.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on June 29, 2019, 07:58:49 PM
Getting opened up far too easily. A couple of forwards not playing well but we're haemorrhaging scores, and that's the biggest issue. You need to give McNamee a lot more respect than we've shown him.
I hope youll agree you were overreacting Slightly.

A mighty win, proud of them boys, very very proud.

High Fielder

No I wasn't. We really were haemorrhaging scores. Certain players were getting rinsed. It was a great team effort in the second half to push us on, but we won't get away with such looseness against better teams. It was a good open game of football that we might have lost pre Sugrue

Tony

I'm delighted with that, great performance and an entertaining open match with 35 scores. Donie was absolutely class. Great performances also from Lillis, Dillon, Scully, JOL, Attride, and Paul Kingston came good in 2nd half. We could really do with Colm B and Mark Timmons returning to shore up our defense a bit coming into round 4. We really are dark horses now to get further in the competition. It's bonus territory now. It's a great feeling to perform well like that in a tight game. Offaly let themselves down with certain play in the 2nd half and easy misses. We will def need to improve for the next game to have a chance. But delighted tonight for that win. Those 3 games we've won this year in championship - Westmeath, Derry away and Offaly are all games we'd likely lose a few years ago, so I'm very happy with the progress. A lot done, a lot more to do, but certainly looking up, especially given the context of some good prospects underage

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on June 29, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
No I wasn't. We really were haemorrhaging scores. Certain players were getting rinsed. It was a great team effort in the second half to push us on, but we won't get away with such looseness against better teams. It was a good open game of football that we might have lost pre Sugrue
Massive overreaction. I'm gonna leave you off.

Countyminor

Donie was worth the entrance fee alone. Sublime. The strength of an ox combined with the feet of gymnast.

Giovanni

Quote from: Don Draper on June 29, 2019, 10:55:24 PM

Laois Today seem to be overreacting too.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/06/29/the-eight-talking-points-as-laois-footballers-move-a-step-closer-to-super-8s/

Keyser Söze

A King's pardon.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Great win, great start to the weekend. Sorry I didn't go.
Massive crowds in Portlaoise for a Laois v Offaly game, a game that is end to end and high scoring. Sounds like a scene from a different age!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

LooseCannon

Well done folks. Best of luck in the next round and tomorrow in the hurling. Thoroughly deserved. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't extremely disappointed.
Go n-éirí libh.

High Fielder

I think ye took a small step forward this year LC. You posed problems for us in the first half, but two things gave me hope. You went off at way too fast a gallop, and your backs were always going to give us chances. We're probably a small bit further down the road, and Sugrue does matchplay really well. He'll need to do it quicker in future rather than waiting for half time, but with respect, ye afforded us that luxury. We're in the same boat these days, and whilst I want us to beat you no matter what, I hope your fortunes improve

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 29, 2019, 11:20:48 PM

A King's pardon.
The well bred know when to move forward and leave the past behind.