Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: dec on April 29, 2020, 09:09:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 08:43:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 07:20:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 05:46:42 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 04:47:26 PM
Remember the couple in Arizona who drank the fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it and took it because trump said take it ? Wife is under investigation for murder, wonder are cnn running with the new development.

Your implication is that it WAS responsible and sensible of Trump and Fox News to be endlessly hyping chloroquine as a wonder drug for COVID treatment?
de blasio singling out jews for not social distancing, Cuomo calling homeless sleeping on trains disgusting I'm sure they will show the same gusto in tackling these stories

The Hasidic community is suffering hugely from this outbreak, yet in Brooklyn and Rockland County they've been congregating in huge crowds for weddings and funerals all through this crisis.

And perhaps Cuomo could have chosen his words more carefully with respect to the homeless on the subway, but he is absolutely correct, especially now that train frequency is way down, forcing essential workers, including healthcare professionals, who have to travel to still huddle in the cars with sleeping and often mentally ill homeless people. The MTA, who operate the subways, have lost dozens of employees to COVID as well.

Back to my question - are you implying there was nothing wrong with the Trump/Fox News chloroquine campaign?
the malaria drug has to be prescribed by a doctor so I don't know how many used it for treatment, hoping something doesn't work because trump said it might is sick .

Who was hoping it wouldn't work?

No-one.

Trump lunatics think that liberals didn't want it to work. Though think is probably not the right word.

I'd relatives spreading bullshit memes like that on Facebook.

No response when called out on it.

A day or two later the NIH put out their findings on the cardiac side effects.
its my opinion they would hardly express it out loud .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 09:54:28 PM
Remember the couple in Arizona who drank the fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it and took it because trump said take it ? Wife is under investigation for murder, wonder are cnn running with the new development.

Your implication is that it WAS responsible and sensible of Trump and Fox News to be endlessly hyping chloroquine as a wonder drug for COVID treatment?
de blasio singling out jews for not social distancing, Cuomo calling homeless sleeping on trains disgusting I'm sure they will show the same gusto in tackling these stories

The Hasidic community is suffering hugely from this outbreak, yet in Brooklyn and Rockland County they've been congregating in huge crowds for weddings and funerals all through this crisis.

And perhaps Cuomo could have chosen his words more carefully with respect to the homeless on the subway, but he is absolutely correct, especially now that train frequency is way down, forcing essential workers, including healthcare professionals, who have to travel to still huddle in the cars with sleeping and often mentally ill homeless people. The MTA, who operate the subways, have lost dozens of employees to COVID as well.

Back to my question - are you implying there was nothing wrong with the Trump/Fox News chloroquine campaign?
the malaria drug has to be prescribed by a doctor so I don't know how many used it for treatment, hoping something doesn't work because trump said it might is sick .

No-one.

Trump lunatics think that liberals didn't want it to work. Though think is probably not the right word.

Who?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2020, 10:08:31 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2020, 09:54:28 PM

No-one.

Who?
yes definitely

whitey

I'll be shocked if Flynn doesnt walk after whats came out this evening

Some people in the FBI could be in serious trouble

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on April 30, 2020, 01:25:45 AM
I'll be shocked if Flynn doesnt walk after whats came out this evening

Some people in the FBI could be in serious trouble
strzok and page were on this case too , that's all you need to know

screenexile

Read a few articles on this from CBS and FoxNews basically the interviewers had a strategy to try to catch Flynn out (which they did) and also didn't want to make a big issue of reminding him about statute 1001 (lying to a federal agent).

Am I missing something? I would have thought these were fairly standard things to do when investigating someone??

I'm open to the rights view of things but so far I'm not really convinced he still lied to Pence and to the Federal investigator didn't he? Oh and plead guilty!

whitey

Time will tell, but at least according to the sources that are currently reporting on it, none of this was standard.

On top of that, legally the FBI were obliged to turn these notes and emails over to Flynn's  defense team but didn't

If everything they were doing was above board, why werent these documents handed over?

Why were they hidden.....sounds to me like this was and is so far off the reservation, that the case would have been laughed out of court had this information been known

omochain

whitey

Yes-but what relevance does that have to this case?

They either acted improperly or they didn't-I'm not an attorney so I don't know

What I do know is that documents were withheld and that is a serious violation of the defendants rights!

If this was above board, then why were these documents withheld ?

omochain

I am an old man and I do not have the time to debate with someone who evangelized against Obamacare with anecdotes. I think that most rational Americans are now on the side of a healthcare system that would take care of most of us without having absolute authority who our doctor might be. If recollection serves me well you wanted to hang Obama on one statement "If you like your own doctor, you can keep your own doctor". He was almost right but not right enough for you. You're anecdotal diatribe was all about the lads in wherever your are selling whatever you are selling who had to pay ridiculously more in insurance health insurance premiums because of Obamacare. The reality was that they really had
no health insurance and were paying accordingly. Obamacare brought real insurance to them and they are now quiet.
Trumps crowd are all a bunch of crooks whom you appear to be prepared to cut slack for. I am not and if you have to use RICO to get them to obey the law... so be it.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on April 30, 2020, 06:39:24 AM
I am an old man and I do not have the time to debate with someone who evangelized against Obamacare with anecdotes. I think that most rational Americans are now on the side of a healthcare system that would take care of most of us without having absolute authority who our doctor might be. If recollection serves me well you wanted to hang Obama on one statement "If you like your own doctor, you can keep your own doctor". He was almost right but not right enough for you. You're anecdotal diatribe was all about the lads in wherever your are selling whatever you are selling who had to pay ridiculously more in insurance health insurance premiums because of Obamacare. The reality was that they really had
no health insurance and were paying accordingly. Obamacare brought real insurance to them and they are now quiet.
Trumps crowd are all a bunch of crooks whom you appear to be prepared to cut slack for. I am not and if you have to use RICO to get them to obey the law... so be it.

Believe what you want.....Flynn will walk.

Regarding Obamacare, the architect of the whole scheme, professor Gurber said they had to write the law in such an "intentionally tortured" way, because if people actually knew what was in it theyd never go for it.....his words not mine.  I was just cynical enough at the time not to believe anything they were peddling.

My clients are all self employed and yes, almost every single one of them saw enormous increases in the cost of their health plans

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/14/674791999/health-costs-bear-down-on-families-who-dont-qualify-for-aca-subsidies

omochain

i am going to bed now on the beautiful west central coast of America. I will try to sleep well and ignore your almost non sequitur response.  I hope you sleep well too. Try to concentrate a little more on the real problem. The total and complete lack of rational government that we have in the US at this critical time. I am all ears on any suggestions you might have to help us through this pandemic. Flynn's fatuous fixations on Turkey, Russia and lining his pocket are completely incidental.

J70

Quote from: screenexile on April 30, 2020, 03:57:39 AM
Read a few articles on this from CBS and FoxNews basically the interviewers had a strategy to try to catch Flynn out (which they did) and also didn't want to make a big issue of reminding him about statute 1001 (lying to a federal agent).

Am I missing something? I would have thought these were fairly standard things to do when investigating someone??

I'm open to the rights view of things but so far I'm not really convinced he still lied to Pence and to the Federal investigator didn't he? Oh and plead guilty!

Yes, I'm also having trouble reconciling whitey's enthusiasm and energy to what is being reported.

I work with an ex-NYPD detective and he's full of stories and strategies he used to use to tease evidence and confessions out of suspects. Earnest honesty and transparency is not one of them.

Proof will be in the pudding I guess. Wouldn't be the first time someone walked on a technicality.

whitey

It all goes back to Michael Lewis's book and the clown show that is the Trump administration

Comey admitted to Nicole Wallace that he would never have tried a stunt like this under a previous administration.  And a stunt is what it was.

No crime had been committed up until that point- (believe it or not)

Normal procedure is that the FBI provide the interviewee of a transcript of the call they were there to discuss-they didn't and they intentionally made a decision not to

And then they failed to turn over these documents which Flynn was legally entitled to

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 17, 2020, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 24, 2020, 08:17:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 13, 2020, 08:04:29 PM
Okay, sorry for the mishap with the last one, I've fixed it below, and the latest odds are at the bottom:

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 12, 2020, 07:36:24 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 11, 2020, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 09, 2020, 05:45:48 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2020, 01:35:58 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 02, 2020, 06:30:02 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 28, 2020, 06:17:47 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 27, 2020, 08:43:14 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 25, 2020, 04:56:59 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 20, 2020, 10:40:56 PM
Delegate count:
Buttigieg 22
Sanders 21
Warren 8
Klobuchar 7
Biden 6
Bloomberg 0

Betting odds for 2020 winner:

Trump 8/13
Sanders 4/1
Bloomberg 9/1
Biden 20/1

Bloomberg took a hiding last night. He was like a duck out of water. Warren obliterated him. Will be interesting to see how that affects the polling numbers over the next few days, and if his high burn rate can take the bad look off it. I just wish he'd get out of the race and put his money into something useful like flipping the 4 senate seats we're going to need.
Odds update:
Trump: 8/13
Sanders: 7/2 (3.5/1)
Bloomberg: 8/1
Biden: 22/1

Bernie's odds moving in the right direction. Biden, not so much.

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 1/1
Bloomberg: 4/1
Buttigieg:8/1
Biden: 9/1

Update:
Delegate count:
Sanders 31
Buttigieg 22
Warren 8
Biden 8
Klobuchar 7
Bloomberg 0

2020 winner:
Sanders: 3/1
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 25/1

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 5/6
Buttigieg:11/1
Biden: 11/1

Interesting that Chrome still thinks "Buttigieg" is a typo.

2020 winner:
Sanders: 29/10 (2.9/1)
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 28/1

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 4/5
Biden: 10/1
Buttigieg:12/1

2020 winner:
Bloomberg: 12/1
Biden: 12/1

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 10/11
Biden: 4/1
Bloomberg: 11/2
Buttigieg:20/1

Bloomberg and Buttigeig getting it tight.

Bernie's odds are slipping slightly in the general election, but he's still the favourite to get the nomination.

2020 winner:
Sanders: 10/3 (3.3/1)
Biden: 9/1
Bloomberg: 12/1

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 10/11
Biden: 13/4
Bloomberg: 6/1
Buttigieg:20/1

This stock market crash might throw a spanner in the works. It was this kind of October surprise that worked in Obama's favor in 2008 when "the fundamentals of our economy [were] strong" until they weren't. Trump might cruise to reelection if the economy stays strong, but the coronavirus could change all that.

Get in there Bernie!

Delegate count:
Sanders: 58
Biden: 50
Buttigeig: 26 (I wonder what happens to delegates after a candidate pulls out)
Warren: 8
Klobuchar: 7

2020 winner:
Trump: 4/6
Biden: 13/2 (6.5/1)
Bloomberg: 16/1

Democratic candidate:
Sanders: 1/1
Biden: 5/2
Bloomberg: 7/1
Hillary Clinton(!): 33/1

This is the first we've seen Trump's odds moving in a while. Could be the coronavirus effect. Damned if I know why they're showing odds for Hillary instead of the likes of Warren or Klobuchar who are actually in the race.

Delegate count:
Biden 664
Sanders 573

2020 winner:
Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/7
Sanders: 9/1

2020 winner:
Trump: 10/11
Biden: 6/4
Sanders: 18/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/8

Trump getting it tight. Looking good for Biden if these odds keep moving the way they are. If he puts Warren on his ticket as VP, that should pick up enough Bernie supporters in November. This could be the light at the end of the tunnel.

Delegate count:
Biden 664
Sanders 573

2020 winner:
Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/7
Delegate count:
Biden 857
Sanders 709

2020 winner:
Trump: 10/11 (1/1.1)
Biden: 13/10 (1.3/1)
Sanders: No longer in the top 4

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/14
Sanders: 40/1

2020 winner:
Trump: 1/1
Biden: 15/13
Sanders: 50/1
Deval Patrick: 50/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/16
Sanders: 33/1

The trend is unmistakable.

2020 winner:
Trump: 11/10
Biden: 11/10
Sanders: 33/1
Deval Patrick: 33/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/12
Sanders: 25/1

Game over for Trump, it seems. Although it's a long way to November, but I'm not sure how he can come back from this. He can't lie or spin his way out of this. Not even Fox News can help him when the dead start piling up.

From what I saw of the debate it looked like Bernie was knocking it out of the park while Joe was wandering off into the weeds.  Still, Bernie seems to be getting it tight now.

2020 winner:
Trump: 11/10
Mike Pence: 33/1

Democratic candidate:
Biden: 1/12

Funny old game.

2020 winner:
Trump: 1/1

WTF is the matter with people?

2020 winner:
Trump: 10/11
Biden: 5/4

Seems like Trump's lash-out-at-the-media-and-shoot-the-messenger strategy is paying off.

But if Biden does get in somehow, I could see him serving one term and then someone like Newsom having a go.

I wouldn't write Biden off yet. It's a long way to November and a lot of dead bodies are going to be piled up between now and then thanks to Donald. A lot will depend on how successful he is in shifting blame away from himself. He'll take credit for anything that goes right and deflect blame for anything that goes wrong, which will play well with the religious crowd who are used to doing that sort of thing with God. I don't know if it'll be enough with swing voters though.
Well well well. Trump starting to get it tight again. Maybe his supporters are dropping dead with the virus.

2020 winner:
Trump 1/1
Biden 5/4