Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Pay them to toss the place-dump of a groud with no atmosphere stuck in the middle a GAA free zone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 15, 2011, 10:16:46 PM
Pay them to toss the place-dump of a groud with no atmosphere stuck in the middle a GAA free zone

Yeah, How many Gaa clubs in Omagh?? in a two mile radius of Casement there are around 15 Gaa clubs minimum. as for the pitch, its a far better surface than Omagh's, atmosphere is made when there is a crowd.

Last time Tyrone played at Casement there was plenty of atmosphere.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rocky Mc Guigan

Will wait for the census returns for a more accurate quota on the respective populations of Omagh and Belfast- however Omagh, with a population of c.20000 (4 football clubs) equates more than favourably with Belfast and its population of c.250000 and its 15 clubs- Quick question-'when was the last time Tyrone togged out in the Casement changing rooms?'

omagh_gael

Who is the fourth football club in Omagh? Omagh St Endas, Drumragh, Killyclogher (although wouldn't like to be branded as being in Omagh!)...?

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 15, 2011, 11:13:30 PM
Who is the fourth football club in Omagh? Omagh St Endas, Drumragh, Killyclogher (although wouldn't like to be branded as being in Omagh!)...?
The Tatts also come into the jurisdiction of Omagh town stroke Drumragh Parish

ck

whitegoodman

According to a few rugby mates of mine the boyos down at ravenhill are looking to get one of their new stands started almost immediately and id say the soccer ones would want to get started soon enough before they realise they have made a mistake in giving the useless shar so much so I don't see why it should take the gaa so long unless the are struggling to get the extra 40 mill euro to finish it.

whitegoodman

Surely if the government is giving out 60mill something like planning permission would already be sorted, sounds very amaturish.

Would the planning permission not come from a sub government department which would have been discussed at some stage before it was agreed that the money would go to casement and not another venue in the north. Would look very embarrassing if after giving out the cash it is blocked due to planning issues

ONeill

Will they rename the ground?

After all, Sir Roger seemed a bit dodgy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

whitegoodman

So they were given the cash without any guarantee that that could do anything with it. Sounds a bit ridiculous but wouldnt surprise me when the folks on the hill are involved.

If it were to be blocked it would be quite embarrassing for all concerned and would make the IFA look professional which is a feat in itself

angermanagement

With Casement been located in a residential area it will be years before any major work begins I'm sure the local residents will be putting up a hell of a fight.

The planning process is very expensive and to go ahead with it before the funding was granted wouldn't have been an option for the Ulster GAA.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 15, 2011, 10:53:24 PM
Will wait for the census returns for a more accurate quota on the respective populations of Omagh and Belfast- however Omagh, with a population of c.20000 (4 football clubs) equates more than favourably with Belfast and its population of c.250000 and its 15 clubs- Quick question-'when was the last time Tyrone togged out in the Casement changing rooms?'

so in Andytown there are 250000 people living there?? as for all the clubs in Belfast there are 22 in total. 60% percent of people living in Belfast would certainly not have any interest in playing Gaelic games then you have the minorities and the various sports on offer in a City.

My club has a membership of nearly  400 people. We have 3 senior teams playing football and two senior hurling teams. two division teams also. Followed by all of our juveniles who play both, we aren't alone as all the clubs in Belfast play both codes. Unlike like your single code clubs in Omagh. Gaelic games is alive and well in Belfast.

As for your daft question about the changing rooms, WTF!!! Omagh's changing rooms are not great either but Antrim will respect any county ground and not be snobs about it.

Back on the subject of the planning permission I also believe it will be really difficult because of the residents, and the disruption of the road/area due to the building of the stadium.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Quote from: whitegoodman on March 17, 2011, 12:11:24 AM
So they were given the cash without any guarantee that that could do anything with it. Sounds a bit ridiculous but wouldnt surprise me when the folks on the hill are involved.

If it were to be blocked it would be quite embarrassing for all concerned and would make the IFA look professional which is a feat in itself
Surely Windsor Park will be facing the same problems, being so close to a residential area. IMO planning won't be as big an issue as some are making out.

JPGJOHNNYG

Anyone know when we get to see some plans? Does anybody know when work will start or finish. The same goes for the new Pairc ui chaoimh.

illdecide

There are grounds sitting aound the province with planning just waiting on the funding ::) That Nelson bastid cost us our development and we'd everything in place >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch