Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 20, 2012, 06:36:27 AM
The walk is exactly a mile so not bad I think the bigger problem is how regular the trains are. As for Balmoral station I lived nearby when I was younger the area is fine and pretty mixed, if anything in the last 20 years it has actually become quite nationalist so you would be unlucky to have any problems.

Glad to hear. I would consider the train to Casement in future.

Trains to and from Portadown - Balmoral are every hour on a Sunday, and every half hour on a Saturday.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2012, 10:20:40 PM
Would Finaghy not be handier to Casement and def "our side". That said, Balmoral to Casement is a dead on path too.
Google Maps says 1.4 miles from Finaghy NIR to Casement and 1.2 miles from Balmoral NIR.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2012, 11:46:29 PM
Does it go through Riverdale though? Also, you have to cross a set of traffic lights at Musgrave hospital and 4 sets of traffic lights at the M1 roundabout. Friggin' handlin'.
Well spotted. I selected driving instead of walking - 1.1miles from Finaghy via Riverdale.

RadioGAAGAA

Is this disaster-in-waiting still supposed to be an all-seater?

If anyone of any influence is reading this - covered terracing please alongside the pitch. Have a look at the Athletic grounds or at the new Ravenhill plans. Or if you want to get really novel, have a look at some of the soccer grounds with 'safe standing', like Innsbruck, where the seats can be folded away and people stand for particular games.

Advantages:
- Another tier of pricing.
- Able to fit more people in for big games without associated cost of construction. [Note: lower cost of construction only applies for conventional terrace, not standing/seating hybrid.]
- Freedom of choice for patrons.
- Better atmosphere.

Disadvantages:
- Prawn sandwich brigade are confined to 3 stands instead of 4. [Which will not be a problem in all but the biggest of games.]
- Some people falsely belief a stadium must be all-seater to be modern. [Look in the mirror.]
- The soccer bunch would not be able to use the covered terrace.[Which will not be a problem with Windsor getting a revamp as well.]

i usse an speelchekor

Walter Cronc

ziggysego

The first images of the new Casement Park will be available tonight at 8pm.

www.casementpark.ie
Testing Accessibility

qubdub

Answer me this.

What is happening the floodlights? Are they being retained? They're relatively new so it would be a shame if they were replaced.

snoopdog

i would say those lights will be gone the new lights i believe will be incorporated into the new roof. Prob give them to someother county or club ground. Any county in Ulster not have floodlights?  Clones?

cluaineois

good idea snoopdog . because of messing by our county board and the ulster council the only county without t.v.quality lights and it seems that the grant scheme has expired.
once your a clone your never alone

redcard

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility