The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 11, 2018, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2018, 10:22:42 PM
Roy Keane going all in here on ITV.
Was Ian Wright trying to take the piss of his accent there?

Yup. Wrights a tool.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 11, 2018, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2018, 10:22:42 PM
Roy Keane going all in here on ITV.
He called bullshit on a whole nation who got carried away with themselves.
Correctly called out the bullshit spouted by Wright and Dixon

johnnycool

Quote from: Minder on July 11, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 11, 2018, 10:18:59 PM
Keano struggling to hide his delight on itv!  ;D

He is the only one of them talking any sense in fairness. You can't see Brazil, Spain, Germany etc being as bad in the future. They had a great chance, I doubt we will have to worry about it for a while again.
Brazil have been dung two world cups in a row, Spain's golden generation are gone, Germany I give you and yes this was a great opportunity spunked tonight by England.

They're a decent, functional side with no real play maker. Henderson for all his limitations is way better than Dyer who would struggle to get a start for any other team at the wc.

France 2-0 on Sunday

BennyCake

Wright and Shearer are the worst pundits on TV. Non-sensical, emotional punditry, with very little sensible tactical analysis.

Minder

Ian Wright stealing a living, a total moron
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Jordan Henderson is complete dung.  The longer he stays at Liverpool the better! ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 11, 2018, 10:12:38 PM
Boy did i enjoy that! Lovren motm for me!
Lovren was outstanding, that tackle to deny a sure goal was magnificent.
For the Croats I suspect it matters little who was the motm, they had heroes all over the park. Unquestionably as a team  they did enough to deserve the victory.

Milltown Row2

Fantastic night here in Croatia, the fans were very nervous and expected a tough game, they were in full voice the whole way through the match and when Croatia scored it was an unreal moment, it's bonkers at the minute! Won't be a horn in a car working tomorrow or anyone able to speak!

Flares going off on the beach and inside the bar (thought at one point it would burn down)! Both my girls had their Croatia tops on! Roll on Sunday though I've £40 on France at 13/2.. Whether they win or not I don't care as you couldn't buy the experience if Croatia win while being here!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

I wonder which non-entity of a town in England will be thrashed tonight? Luton maybe #freetommy

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2018, 10:54:22 PM
Fantastic night here in Croatia, the fans were very nervous and expected a tough game, they were in full voice the whole way through the match and when Croatia scored it was an unreal moment, it's bonkers at the minute! Won't be a horn in a car working tomorrow or anyone able to speak!

Flares going off on the beach and inside the bar (thought at one point it would burn down)! Both my girls had their Croatia tops on! Roll on Sunday though I've £40 on France at 13/2.. Whether they win or not I don't care as you couldn't buy the experience if Croatia win while being here!

Be careful with the oul gamblin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2018, 10:58:52 PM
I wonder which non-entity of a town in England will be thrashed tonight? Luton maybe #freetommy

Carrickfergus, hopefully.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2018, 11:01:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2018, 10:54:22 PM

Be careful with the oul gamblin.

I'd pledged to do one bet over the tournament, instead of the bet here and there at each match! Actually saved myself a few quid! I had wanted to do Kane for top scorer at 16's I think at the time, forgot about it and when the other lads scored 3 goals I decided against it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 11, 2018, 11:04:40 PM

Seems ards is getting it!

johnnycool

The knuckle draggers in Newtownards and Dundonald giving it a good rattle tonight it seems

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2018, 11:07:29 PM

Seems ards is getting it!

Close enough.