Best GAA thread of the last year

Started by Aristotle Flynn, November 26, 2006, 11:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which was the bestt GAA thread of the last year?

Best player never to win All Ireland
8 (23.5%)
Unusual Club Names
17 (50%)
TG4 Goal of 2005
7 (20.6%)
Armagh's little red book
2 (5.9%)
Great GAA places in pictures
12 (35.3%)
GAABoard team of last 20 years
3 (8.8%)
GPA might ask for players strike
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Aristotle Flynn

It's always quiet at this time of year so I was looking at the saved threads on the old board. Some great stuff there. Is there any way it can be archieved? I loved Ballintoys thread on Great GAA places in pictures, unsual club names started Lecale was hilarious, but my vote for the best goes to the TG4 Goal of 2005 (strated by Redhandfan). That's the one where everybody voted for the penalty by Muchay of cork in the womans final and really wound up the Tyrone posters (and TG4) . Great stuff!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

lawnseed 2

i loved the "choose" stuff the dublin one was great did any one save those

Colonel Cool

I'm new to this & hadn't seen that stuff before. Great altogether! There was even a mention in the Irish Times of Lecale's campaign for Valerie Mulcahy's goal. Finishing 3rd in goal of the season with a penalty was unbelievable. Whats the betting they change the system this year if they have a poll?
Some of the photographs of Antrim posted by Ballintoy are brilliant. It would nearly make me want to visit the place  :D
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Flat Hedgehog

You should have a none of the above option. Otherwise you are manipulation the poll. Having said that; there's some great stuff there.
Knowledge only brings fear.

SouthArmaghBandit

It's at this time of year with your club out of the championship and the county scene over that you turn to threads like these. The thread on unusual names was great. A bit of history, a few puns and a load of craic. Good stuff! Is there anyway some of the better ones can be archieved right enough?

Guillem2

One of the most interesting was the one on the history of the board just before we moved over here. It hasn't been included on your poll because it wasn't in the saved threads section. That's one we should try to save if possible.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Mid Mon

Can u provide links to your selected threads.

maddog

best thread was the one about spotting GAA celebs :D

Colonel Cool

Has the old board completly disappeared? All my links to it are dead. What's happened? Has all the old steff been lost for ever? I have only read a small % of it  :'(.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Sky Blue

Here's a link to the saved threads on the old Board.
http://p072.ezboard.com/fgaadiscussionboardfrm11
There was some good craic there. My favorite is the vote on TG4 goal of the year.