Dublin v Fermanagh

Started by dubsinthehill, March 24, 2007, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubsinthehill

I would appreciate if anyone can provide a link to streamed commentary for this match as I am unable to attend  :(

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Rossfan

About 1-9 to 0-3  - not for Fermanagh
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

never kickt a ball

Quote from: dubsinthehill on March 24, 2007, 02:38:32 PM
I would appreciate if anyone can provide a link to streamed commentary for this match as I am unable to attend  :(

http://www.q101west.fm/q101/new/player/audio.php

3-11 to 0-6 for Dublin

INDIANA

dublin played really well n the night- and in fairness to fermanagh they gave up- they were just outclassed- hard to believe it's the same team as a few years ago- a cert for div 3.

Hound

Yeah, have to be happy with the Dubs performance, although can't read too much into it given Fermanagh played poorly.

McConnell wasnt tested at full back for the second match in a row, so still no idea whether he's the appropriate choice or not.
Keaney was superb up front, thankfully his non-performances against Limerick and Donegal were just a blip.

Goina be interesting to see what midfield partnership Caffrey picks when Whelan is fit again. Ryan did well yesterday.

FermPundit

Fermanagh have really struggled this year. Confidence is at an all time low and this is resulting in some very poor and disappointing performances. I know we've been punching above our weight for the last few years but I honestly don't believe we're as poor a team as the last few league performances have shown.

Fermanagh haven't won a competitive game since last summer and such heavy defeats as last night will do nothing to boost low morale among the squad.

I'm not sure where we go to from here but something dramatic needs to change if we're to salvage anything from this season  :-\
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

INDIANA

i meant to say fermanagh never gave up- which they didn't- the mangager should have gone last year he's briught them as far as he can and in fact if i were him i'd go now. - even from 12 months ago when they beat us i can't believe how far back they've gone.

FermPundit

Fermanagh haven't really made much progress since 2004. I don't really want tot get into criticising Charlie Mulgrew but there is a feeling that a change of management maybe needed to freshen things up and bring new ideas to the way Fermanagh approach their games.

Personally I'll be very surprised if Mulgrew is still at the helm next year!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

DUBSFORSAM1

An average performance by Dublin who always looked as though they could step up a gear or 2 if required which made Fermanagh look even worse....
Apart from the unbelievable difference in physicality between the 2 teams emphasised by McGrath bouncing off Griffen when he tried to hit him a shoulder.....the Fermanagh players seemed to be unable to actually catch a ball....

A good score for Dublin with all 6 forwards scoring, the 3 sub forwards scoring and only 3 points from frees....Very impressed with Colin Moran who kicked some good scores but more importantly won an awful lot of breaking ball even when he wouldn't have been favoured to......Brogan junior showed up well and McConnell did as well as could be expected....Mayo and Kerry will be tough tests and should give more of an indication of where these players are...

forkinknife

THE BOYS ARE NACK IN TOWN!!
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!

YEAH! YEAH!

All you smart asses, after the night in lights it was dublin will never win this jackeen jackeen eh? Well f**k off all of you. Kerry mike where are you? I'll tell you where you are, and the rest of our outter borough, you're all shitscared of the blue juggernaught. Boom Boom Booming along. Keaney up you boy!! One Brogan two brogan whooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeee......double delihght!

dubnut

Quote from: forkinknife on March 26, 2007, 02:55:52 PM
THE BOYS ARE NACK IN TOWN!!
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!

YEAH! YEAH!

All you smart asses, after the night in lights it was dublin will never win this jackeen jackeen eh? Well f**k off all of you. Kerry mike where are you? I'll tell you where you are, and the rest of our outter borough, you're all shitscared of the blue juggernaught. Boom Boom Booming along. Keaney up you boy!! One Brogan two brogan whooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeee......double delihght!

You see lads we never get carried away after a few good results!! : {

tayto

You have to be happy with the performance, we've made fermanagh and cork look very ordinary one game after the other. Gets very interesting the next two matches now. We all know how well we play in the northwest!  :-\

realredhandfan

From a tyrone perspective I wish we could play Dublin every week. 

tayto

Yea, you havent lost to us in ages ....  ::)