Tír Eoghain vs Luimneach

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 14, 2007, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Time to look forward a chairde, and leave the immediate past behind (rather conveniently  ;)).  My wish list of a team against Limerick on the 25th March:

Unavailable
Joe Mc Mahon
C Mc Ginley
Philip Jordan
Seán Cavanagh
Brian Mc Guigan

The team to start (wishful)

P Mc Connell

R Mc Menamin                                                   D Mc Caul                                                    M Magee (if fit)

D Harte                                                            C Gormley                                                    D Carlin

Kelvin Hughes                                   Kevin Hughes

B Dooher                                                         Mulligan                                                        Cavlan

C Mc Carron (Omagh)                                         O'Neill                                                       E Mc Ginley

Subs                          

C Cavanagh
P Rouse             
Justin Mc Mahon
C Mc Cullagh
T Mc Guigan
P Donnelly

Sin é é!  ;D

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Will Mugsy be back from his ban?????

Apart from that not a bad team. Might have Cavo in at MF For Kelvin though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 14, 2007, 08:10:54 PM
Will Mugsy be back from his ban?????

To the best of my knowledge it's up at midnight on Saturday 24th. Might have Joe Mc Mahon back in the subs too, and could be complications with the U21s playing Armagh on the 24th.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

No place for Raymie Mulgrew?? On that point when is the next u-21 game? Seem to remember reading somewhere that there is another clash soon with u-21 and senior game. If we have the u-21 boys and Mugsy is available how about this...

1.McConnell
2.McMenamin
3.McCaul
4.McGee
5.Harte
6.Gormley
7.Justin McMahon
8.McGinley
9.Kevin Hughes
10.Dooher
11.Cavlan
12.Mulgrew
13.C.Cavanagh
14.O'Neill
15.Mulligan

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 14, 2007, 08:14:20 PM
could be complications with the U21s playing Armagh on the 24th.

In which case the team I listed has no chance of taking the field against Limerick.

Fear ón Srath Bán

ONeill

A big game this at a tough venue. Limerick will smell blood. A win and a semi-final berth is on the cards. Lose and we're staring division three in the gob.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2007, 08:28:19 PM
A big game this at a tough venue. Limerick will smell blood. A win and a semi-final berth is on the cards. Lose and we're staring division three in the gob.

To be sure, it'll be a tough one, but such is needed to get the train back on the rails.

KIDDO

U21s , will play Armagh , on Sat March 24th , in Crossmaglen.

ClosetotheHarte

This is going to be a big game all right. With Kerry and Mayo coming afterwards, this is a must win for Tyrone and the two week break will help them get ready for it (although I said that after Cork as well).
Limerick will be awkward but its better than heading to Kerry next. We need to end this bad run of results - another loss wouldn't be good at all. MH is probably on his worst run since he took over, he's had 2 losses in a row before but not two beatings like the last two, but I'm not ready to lose any faith in him.
The U21s will be playing on the Sat (I think) so its hard to see any of those boys facing Limerick and Mulgrew will be missed again. But Mugsy will be back and a few others could be fitter/sharper - it would be near impossible to try and pick the team at this point. It has changed so much from game to game recently and that probably hasn't helped in the last couple of games.
MH allegedly mentioned after the Donegal game that the one night a week training he has done in previous years got him by no problem but that other teams are now sharper earlier in the year and its not enough this year. Does anybody know if the training is up to 2 nights from now on?
Anybody heading down to Limerick?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ClosetotheHarte on March 14, 2007, 10:39:31 PM
Does anybody know if the training is up to 2 nights from now on?
Anybody heading down to Limerick?

Not sure when the 2 nights per week training kicks in, and not sure what the likes of Donegal have been doing lately -- it would appear that they were together on more than the one night per week recently, certainly played like that.

Heading to Limerick on the Saturday.

ClosetotheHarte

Donegal looked like they'd stepped up their training from the McKenna Final a few weeks earlier - they were so much sharper. I'd say Tyrone will be doing the same soon, probably earlier than MH had hoped to do, because of results.

Wonder how the party is getting on up in Greencastle these days? I'd say its still going on unless Sean has put a deadline on it! Did any neutrals here head up that direction on Sunday evening, or since, to check things out?
(Sorry, this hasn't anything to do with the Limerick game!!!)

never kickt a ball

Still hold out hopes for this team some day:

1. McConnell
2. McMahon
3. McGinley
4. McMahon
5. Gormley
6. Gormley
7. McGinley
8. Hughes
9. Hughes
10 McGuigan