TELEVISING GAELIC GAMES..

Started by lawnseed 2, March 13, 2007, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

RTE GAA coverage isnt as bad as everyone seems to think. there is nothing wrong with michael lyster at all. i find him very good and he's not afraid to get joined in with a debate.
Spillane is much better away from presenting alrite but brolly and orourke have a great buzz off each other.
in the hurling cyril and ger can't be beaten, i love them.
i will concede that the commentators and pitch side lads let them down. ger canning "large paralellogram". its called the square ger!!

as for a sky effort no way. i dont care how many yards the wall was and i dont need a squiggle to show me the ball dipped and curled.

the other point about younger lads is crap too. grumpy aul lads say it straight. on the bbc and sky the ex players will never say shit in case they hurt an old mates feelings.
im happy with my lot anyway. get rid of ger, bring in daragh maloney and get the old music back.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMike Sheehy - Calling people from the 6 counties foreigners is deeply offensive, but I'm sure you probably knew that already and its why you used it.

amallon, lthe comment is aimed at those who insist on using the term "free-stater" ,which I have never heard uttered on this board except in a pejorative sense. Its unfortunate that others will get caugt in the crossfire when such exchanges take place but I suggest you take that up with lawnseed.

Gnevin

I'd love to see setanta winning as they wouldn't be afraid to create a GAA channel for it . RTE  do show 2 championships games a year but look at what they dot cover

Ring/Rackard Cups
The league in any decent way, i mean the premierships will show at least 3 games with short highlights from the rest of the games
Club games
More than 2 games during the championship  surely full games could be shown at night instead of some film  from 1932
A magazine sort of program
U21 Championship
Junior Championships
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

doodaa

Quote from: balladmaker on March 14, 2007, 01:15:08 PM
I'll not support the RTE coverage until they bring back the old theme tune for the Sunday Game....

Amen to that.....
and let joe brolly present it  ;)

lawnseed 2

well for all you rte supporters, i spent thursday and friday before the all ireland senior club final in limerick. while working i listened to both rte 1 radio and 2fm all day on both days and i can say i never heard the match mentioned once except for the adverts that the gaa were paying for it was all rugby soccer and effing cricket, so mikey thats what your paying for i think its you that should be looking for your money back, and i know your going to say i should have tuned to radio kerry but id rather phone up a fax machine.