Cill Dara v Aontroim - AI Football Qualifier 26/06/10

Started by Dinny Breen, June 13, 2010, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteFair play and only fitting that this great midfielder takes his place on Sat evening.

will be a very emotional night for the player and friends.

Yes it will be very emotional but I think that starting him shows Geezer's lack of managerial experience.  Bouncing him off the bench to rapturous applause to lift the team would be an option that would suit both the team and Early. It would prove much shrewder than starting him only to face the possiblity of having to sub him if his head if not right in an all or nothing game.   For Early's sake I hope this is not the case.   

Not for this reason, moreso because I think Kildare have gione downhill without Grimley, taken Antrim to win by 4-6 points at 8/1

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 24, 2010, 09:34:04 PM
...Bouncing him off the bench to rapturous applause to lift the team would be an option that would suit both the team and Early.

The last place he'd want to be after such a traumatic afternoon would be sitting moping, musing and reminiscing on a bench -- nothing for it but to send him straight in.

Fair dues to the Earley family, and Dermot óg himself.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

StGallsGAA

QuoteThe last place he'd want to be after such a traumatic afternoon would be sitting moping, musing and reminiscing on a bench -- nothing for it but to send him straight in.

and then have to sub him if it doesn't work out? would be very tough on the lad.   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Whatever about a rapturous reception coming on as a sub, it would be as nothing to the rapturous ovation he'd receive coming off, even after being substituted after giving his best. Who's going to reproach him for falling short on his usual high standards on such an evening, if it comes to that?

StGallsGAA

Whatever about a rapturous reception coming on as a sub, it would be as nothing to the rapturous ovation he'd receive coming off, even after being substituted after giving his best. Who's going to reproach him for falling short on his usual high standards on such an evening, if it comes to that?

No-one, but the manager has to pick up the pieces, hence my original post.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well, whatever his state coming on initially (and you're assuming that he won't play to his usual high standards, I'm not), it would be a lot worse had he to loiter on the bench beforehand. As I said, the only thing the Geezer can do is put him on from the start (or are you suggesting he doesn't play him at all, hardly?).

Hence your original post is simply wrong  ;)

Donnellys Hollow

Probable Kildare team according to the Nationalist:
Shane McCormack; Peter Kelly, Hugh McGrillen, Andrew McLoughlin; Brian Flanagan, Emmet Bolton, Morgan O'Flaherty; Daryl Flynn, Dermot Earley; James Kavanagh, John Doyle, Ronan Sweeney; Alan Smith, Padraig O'Neill, Eamonn Callaghan.

Smith is out after going over on his ankle so I suppose either Eoghan O'Flaherty or Karl Ennis will come in.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Hopefully this game will be a fine tribute for Dermot Snr and is played with committment honesty and plenty of passion from both sides, I know the Kildare lads will give everything on Saturday and regardless of the result that is all we can ask for.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2010, 12:46:26 PM
Hopefully this game will be a fine tribute for Dermot Snr and is played with committment honesty and plenty of passion from both sides, I know the Kildare lads will give everything on Saturday and regardless of the result that is all we can ask for.

Hear hear.

Cill Dara abú!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross matt

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2010, 11:28:38 PM
We're entering a strange game here. A game where football doesn't seem so important after all. Although I'm awaiting the game with anticipation, I'm finding it hard to comment on it (like most others). I suppose it is time to get over what happened this week, there's a fecking important match to be won here. I'm sure Dermot Earley Snr won't be frowning down on me for holding that view.

Anyway, I think we can sneak it but it will be tight.

It's feckin strange. Reading about Dermot Earley Snr, I think "I'd like to see them win" before I realise "Houl on to fcuk, we're playing them".

Mad stuff. Antrim by 2.

Great Post Hardstation. I'm afraid though in the day that's in it I'll be supporting the Lilywhites.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Cill Dara win the toss and play with the breeze.

drici

Cill Dara 0-00 Aontroim 0-01

drici

Cill Dara 0-00 Aontroim 0-02

drici

Cill Dara 0-01 Aontroim 0-02