The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Gonzlez just missed a big chance for Chile. That might have knocked Spain out.

Brazil were missing their 3 key playmakers today Kaka, Elano and Robinho. I think a couple of them will benefit from the break. They were playing to win the group with a draw and it is better to be functional than disfunctional.

ross4life

That goal was against the run of play, crazy goalkeeping & that's the first time in this world cup a South American team are trailing in a game
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2010, 05:10:11 PM
They did what most teams would do in that position and played out the draw.
but the bloody uruguay mexico game should have been the most nailed on draw ever, and yet, it wasn't!!

We should also remember that half the portuguese side are brazilian ;)

ross4life

2-0 & down to 10 men should be game over, Portugal v Spain?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

The Ref kinda looks like Freddie Mercury for his Wembley 86 tour 

Minder

Who wins the group if the results stay as they are?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Honduras should be two up by now the Swiss are shite!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

Anyone hear the commentator on ITV? "You could argue the Spanish have better players than the English", what a statement, there's no competition! David James or Iker Casillas :D

On the subject of the referee, he reminded me of this man...

http://www.cinemotions.net/data/films/0035/99/2/photo-Dracula-1931-5.jpg

new devil

paco

Quote from: new devil on June 25, 2010, 09:18:49 PM
Is Torres injured??

Seems to be, looks very low on confidence as well and I think a goal would make all the difference.

The Real Laoislad

Glad the Swiss are out, two good games now with Spain v Portugal and Chile v Brazil
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Milltown Row2

Watched last twenty minutes of the other game, great game, but no goals!!! was constant end to end attacking.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Torres is off form like Rooney....

If Ronaldo knock's out Spain i can imagine he'll get a few boos when he return's to Madrid

ballinaman

Chile have been far more impressive than Spain so far in the World Cup.....Iniesta was the only Spanish player that played half way decent tonight. I'll be throwing a few quid on Chile to upset Brazil, they've beaten Brazil already in qualification and won't fear them.