Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

First off I aint your friend  ;)

Secondly my point was that in the interview he did for the TV programme he did IMO seem to take some sort of pride (maybe not correct wording) in the fact that he doesnt be involved now.

My point was that it was a shame that he wasnt involved yes he took the minors for a year and put in a full shift as a player there is no doubt of that. Only thing is how richer would Armoy club be with him involved in their underage setup or somewhere in the club and it is a pity that he isnt involved with them now.

Sorry to have to spell it out to you but I think everyone else got the gist of my post!

the colonel

I remember watching the documentary that is being discussed. I think cloot also served as Armoy club chairman for a period if I remember correctly. But I don't think NAG is far off the mark about his satisfaction (maybe not pride) about not being involved. Each man to himself as no one owes anything to the GAA, but he shouldn't have been allowed to get into such a position by the powers than were rather than the powers that be at the minute.
the difference between success and failure is energy

thehurler

colonel i'm surprised you have time to watch a documentary on hurling with the amount of time and money you put into your soccer watching and your drinking ( which whiskey drinking face red cheeks doesn't like).
nag maybe has a hold on you so you have to stick up for him .......

Last Man

I think he'd say that it's a weight off his shoulders as I think Armoy expected him to champion the club single handedly back then but even he couldn't get the necessary commitment from players and mentors. It's a pity he got a sickner because the Glenshesk setup would definitely benefit from his experience.

the colonel

Yes I like a bit of football but certainly not a whiskey man. Nag's opinions have no bearing on my own

thehurler

now in the interests of goodwill and hurling i will enter into a truce with fellow posters and the terms of this truce are basically no first strike from the hurler but all posters must stick to this .
i look forward to more colourful posts relating to hurling .

the colonel

Team for sunday

Sean Delargy will make his first start of the year for Antrim in Sunday's Ulster SHC final against Down at Casement Park.

Manager Dinny Cahill has included him in the full back line as the Saffrons attempt to get back on track following their heartbreaking Leinster SHC extra-time loss to Offaly a few weeks ago.

Aaron Graffin and Neal McAuley are in the US and won't feature, while Joey Scullion missed out with a broken finger.

Antrim (SH v Down): C O'Connell; K McGourty, C Donnelly, S Delargy; P Shiels, J Campbell, C Herron; S McNaughton, K Stewart; C McFall, T McCann, L Watson; PJ O'Connell, N McManus, K McKeegan.

Milltown Row2

strong team and i hope we get a good game.

county made us play Gorts last night, they beat us handy as we had to put out our reserves.

though we did knock in three goals past a dodgy fullbackline!! i think Colonel youse should progress handy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

News Boy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2010, 11:24:39 AM

county made us play Gorts last night, they beat us handy as we had to put out our reserves.

though we did knock in three goals past a dodgy fullbackline!! i think Colonel youse should progress handy enough

Sure all you hurlers are "Reserves" - Reserve footballers!!!!!!!!!!!  St. Galls dont take the oul hurling seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: News Boy on June 24, 2010, 06:00:20 PM

Sure all you hurlers are "Reserves" - Reserve footballers!!!!!!!!!!!  St. Galls dont take the oul hurling seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit like Loughgiel recently :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

News Boy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2010, 07:33:41 PM

Sure our boys and the boys from the 'Castle' will make all the difference when it comes to it!!!!

Sure our boys and the boys from the 'Castle' will make all the difference when it comes to it on Sunday!!!!  Cant say you St. Galls men will make much of an impact ;D

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: News Boy on June 25, 2010, 12:08:00 PM

Sure our boys and the boys from the 'Castle' will make all the difference when it comes to it!!!!

Sure our boys and the boys from the 'Castle' will make all the difference when it comes to it on Sunday!!!!  Cant say you St. Galls men will make much of an impact ;D

was hoping for the same from your lad when he came on against Offaly, he missed the 4 chances he got and Antrim were beat!!!

Antrim playing Down on Sunday, i'd make a difference for fook sake!!!

tom moore83

Jaysus comrades what are ye all like. Cloot, Watson, Loughgiel. This club gets some bashing on here. The only thing wrong with this club is the same problem all clubs have. FANS AND BAD ONES ABOUT 20 I'D SAY. As far as hurling goes they are a super club as far as promoting the game at all levels. Every other club likes playing them and financially it is most other clubs biggest gate of the year.

And the Watson bashing. Boys wake up and wise up. Bashing starts at home and people in glass houses! Any other club in Ulster would want him. There are many high profile players from other clubs who do far worst things, drink/misbehaveas far more often and no other player in Ulster gets less protection from referees than he does.

News Boy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2010, 07:52:16 PM
Quote from: News Boy on June 25, 2010, 12:08:00 PM

was hoping for the same from your lad when he came on against Offaly, he missed the 4 chances he got and Antrim were beat!!!

Antrim playing Down on Sunday, i'd make a difference for fook sake!!!

Sure you would be well of the pace!!!! FFS.  And Antrims defeat was the reslt of a Loughgiel substitution, is that what you're saying??????????  Get a life Pal !!!!!!  You just dont  have a notion about the game.  See St. Galls had the good sense to relegate you to the reserves, say no more  :-\