Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 18, 2018, 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2018, 09:36:43 PM
Pace yourself, Pricey.
The secret to a good wum account is subtlety.
You need to put in the hours before you get the pay-off.

I've hit the nail on the head and you know it! The only thing that's not subtle is the anti women/feminist views that are clouding people's judgement on this.

Sorry but for wumming to be successful it needs to be reasonably believable.

Mourne Red

Pace yourself, Pricey.

I've hit the nail on the head and you know it! The only thing that's not subtle is the anti women/feminist views that are clouding people's judgement on this.

Ohh shut up snowflake.. noones being sexist everyone is relating it to the men's game which is showing gender equality if anything, Everyone has issues with management and rows with them, how many people have walked out panels before, they wanted a change in manager and aren't getting it, dummy out of pram stuff

sid waddell

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 18, 2018, 09:45:00 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 18, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 18, 2018, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 18, 2018, 09:16:31 PM
The kindest thing you could say about Peter Leahy is that he comes across as a dinosaur.

Whatever has actually gone on here and the rights and wrongs of it, he has no business continuing in the job.

The reality is he has presided over a poor championship campaign for Mayo and more importantly alienated half the panel.

Only a pig ignorant gobshite would choose to continue in such circumstances and the Mayo board come out of this very badly too for how they set up Carnacon.

"alienated half the panel" = attempting to drop some senior players who aren't quite as good as they used to be

I agree with HS though that attempting to ban the club was a foolish option, it creates a distraction and generates undue sympathy for those who walked away

But he has alienated half the panel. That's a massive management failure by any standards, as is Mayo's championship performance this year compared to last year when Leahy was not the manager. Clearly the best players were not on the pitch after the walkout by the 12 players. It's his job to put the best team on the pitch and he completely failed to do that.

By attempting to stay in the job, he's only making things worse for both himself and Mayo football.

In what way is he making things worse?
Is that a serious question?  ;D

blast05

Pace yourself, Pricey.

I don't think it is anti anything to ask what peoples perception of the Tierney interview would have been if that had been a bloke that was talking and with an emotion loaded voice.
The reaction / thought process for most would have been the along the lines of "FFS, will you toughen up" (with many acknowledging that the perhaps the managers approach left a bit to be desired).

Shouldn't feminism demand that we apply the same standards of judgement when its a girl ??

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 18, 2018, 10:22:48 PM
Sorry but for wumming to be successful it needs to be reasonably believable.

Not wumming son, just like I wasn't wumming when I pointed out that Dublin have been bought 54 titles since 2005! You disapeared soon after that.  ;D

tippabu

FFS, lets have one thread without bringing dublin into it

priceyreilly

Quote from: blast05 on September 18, 2018, 10:29:27 PM
Pace yourself, Pricey.

I don't think it is anti anything to ask what peoples perception of the Tierney interview would have been if that had been a bloke that was talking and with an emotion loaded voice.
The reaction / thought process for most would have been the along the lines of "FFS, will you toughen up" (with many acknowledging that the perhaps the managers approach left a bit to be desired).

Shouldn't feminism demand that we apply the same standards of judgement when its a girl ??

The reaction to Roy Keane shows that the same standards aren't being applied!!

Jinxy

Patience, Pricey.
Patience.
You're like a child that's just downed a bag of skittles in one go.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

priceyreilly

Quote from: tippabu on September 18, 2018, 10:34:20 PM
FFS, lets have one thread without bringing dublin into it

Just nice to put people back in their box sometimes.  :)

priceyreilly

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2018, 10:37:21 PM
Patience, Pricey.
Patience.
You're like a child that's just downed a bag of skittles in one go.

I've done this:

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on September 18, 2018, 10:15:41 PM
It's amazing how half the panel is all from the one club.

They aren't.

High profile players from other clubs have also walked out.

priceyreilly

This is just a case of a shockingly poor manager losing the dressing room!

macdanger2

Quote from: sid waddell on September 18, 2018, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 18, 2018, 09:45:00 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 18, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 18, 2018, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 18, 2018, 09:16:31 PM
The kindest thing you could say about Peter Leahy is that he comes across as a dinosaur.

Whatever has actually gone on here and the rights and wrongs of it, he has no business continuing in the job.

The reality is he has presided over a poor championship campaign for Mayo and more importantly alienated half the panel.

Only a pig ignorant gobshite would choose to continue in such circumstances and the Mayo board come out of this very badly too for how they set up Carnacon.

"alienated half the panel" = attempting to drop some senior players who aren't quite as good as they used to be

I agree with HS though that attempting to ban the club was a foolish option, it creates a distraction and generates undue sympathy for those who walked away

But he has alienated half the panel. That's a massive management failure by any standards, as is Mayo's championship performance this year compared to last year when Leahy was not the manager. Clearly the best players were not on the pitch after the walkout by the 12 players. It's his job to put the best team on the pitch and he completely failed to do that.

By attempting to stay in the job, he's only making things worse for both himself and Mayo football.

In what way is he making things worse?
Is that a serious question?  ;D

Yes, serious question. In what way is he making things worse?

macdanger2

From RTÉ

champions Carnacon will remain in this year's Championship following an appeal which was heard at tonight's Connacht Council meeting in Ballyhaunis.

The Mayo Ladies County Board had sought to have the club removed from the Championship on the grounds that they brought the game into disrepute, after the club withdrew eight players from the Mayo county team, due to apparent player welfare issues.

The club have been fined €500 and their eight county players have each been handed a four-week suspension.

blast05

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 18, 2018, 10:36:34 PM
Quote from: blast05 on September 18, 2018, 10:29:27 PM
Pace yourself, Pricey.

The reaction to Roy Keane shows that the same standards aren't being applied!!

Yes, Roy Keanes man mgmt methods leave a bit to be desired.
Equally, the commentary on Harry Arter was typically along the lines of he needs to grow up / toughen up

You can apply the same generalizations to Leahy and Tierney