Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I'm still surprised the amount of Mayo posters on the board that the real story hasn't come out yet!!

Impressive in this day and age!

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2018, 09:47:49 PM
Perhaps. However, leaving the panel for "player welfare" reasons is one thing. To then, a brave while later, after (or in the midst of) a media 'storm' state that it was an unsafe environment suggests there is something we are not hearing. I honestly don't think she is stupid enough to say that in the media without there being substance. I would guess there is an investigation or discussions happening in the background and Cora is saying as much as she can say without saying what she can't say.

This is painful to read. If there was an investigation ongoing why would the Mayo board kick Carnacon out of the championship? They know what's what. Cora got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. It's that simple and you'd be better to accept it at this stage.

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
A woman raises concern on two different occasions and you don't give any thought to a possible problem.
Quite a contrast to some of your other opinions.

Also, last I heard, they were reinstated after an appeal. I imagine there is some sort of discussion taking place.

Cora Staunton is a little less believable than a rape victim who went straight to police. It's kind of amazing that needs saying.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
A woman raises concern on two different occasions and you don't give any thought to a possible problem.
Quite a contrast to some of your other opinions.

Also, last I heard, they were reinstated after an appeal. I imagine there is some sort of discussion taking place.

Get with the story, Mayo Ladies County Board meeting last night (Tuesday) decided by 30 votes to 3 to appeal the decision by the Connacht Ladies Appeal Committee to the full Ladies Connacht Council Board.

There are no ongoing discussions. Mayo Ladies County Board want Carnacon punished for abandoning the Mayo Senior Ladies team mid Championship.

The fact that up to 20 players on the squad have gone about their business after all this happened seems weird if there was a serious issue. You'd think they'd back anyone who was wrong done by. But the week this happened, they just regrouped and played against Cavan on that weekend. The only comments afterwards were all about focusing on the next game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2018, 11:02:30 PM
Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I don't know that. You don't know that. However, I'm not going to completely discount it.

Mayo Ladies County Board may have a legitimate grievance. I don't know that. You don't know that. However, I'm not going to completely discount it.

thebackbar1

Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I don't know that. You don't know that. However, I'm not going to completely discount it.

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.

screenexile

Quote from: thebackbar1 on September 06, 2018, 11:25:45 PM

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.

She signed an NDA!

Itchy

Trust me, she doesn't have a legitimate grievance. She does have a grievance alright that someone dared to suggest she would be a better impact sub than starter. If you think there is something sinister at play why did the remaining panel members come out so strongly and say there wasn't and site a fail coup. Cora is trying to change the narrative to explain her outrageous actions which sabotaged the teams chances this year by pretending there was some almighty cause she was defending. What is most annoying is that no media outlet will even ask her a hard question on it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on September 07, 2018, 08:34:12 AM

Trust me, she doesn't have a legitimate grievance. She does have a grievance alright that someone dared to suggest she would be a better impact sub than starter. If you think there is something sinister at play why did the remaining panel members come out so strongly and say there wasn't and site a fail coup. Cora is trying to change the narrative to explain her outrageous actions which sabotaged the teams chances this year by pretending there was some almighty cause she was defending. What is most annoying is that no media outlet will even ask her a hard question on it.

Yep. And it's not Cora who's behind thr whole thing either. Martha Carter has more explaining to do if my source (who is on thr panel) told me yesterday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2018, 08:31:21 AM

She signed an NDA!

Then she shouldn't be going next nor near the media, to be fair.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

She signed an NDA!

Well there is a book to be selling in the near future.

nrico2006

I can see it from her perspective though.  She is their best player so why shouldn't she deserve to start?  Hardly being treated fairly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

I can see it from her perspective though.  She is their best player so why shouldn't she deserve to start?  Hardly being treated fairly.

You haven't watched much of Mayo if you think she's still their best player.

ballinaman

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

She signed an NDA!

Documentary about her year in AFL on TG4 coming up too....hmm

shark

Quote from: ballinaman on September 07, 2018, 10:16:55 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

She signed an NDA!

Documentary about her year in AFL on TG4 coming up too....hmm

Year? The competition was 7 weeks long.