Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 24, 2023, 02:43:19 PM
I hate that instagram, social media sh*te...and parents are as bad as if not worse than some of the kids.
My wee lad got some of his modules today, he's just out of 4th year - he did just ok but he's had a bad year so we were happy enough that he passed. Kids opening results at the school with parents there videoing and asking everyone else what they got are usually the ones who know they are getting A's. One wee girl started crying as instead of getting straight A's she had a B in the middle.
I felt like saying shut the f*ck up.

No sensitivity at all to the kids who struggle or don't get straight A's. My lad took his home to open and there'll be not publicising results. I told him to tell anyone he asked that he got all A's and B's because generally the people who ask are the ones who did really well and just want to show off.

Really annoys me that crap.

Probably generally a good idea for grown men not to tell teenage girls to shut the f**k up.

Don't think the second part is remotely true. People who ask how they got on tend to be friends or at least classmates. Not randoms walking up for a lead in to tell someone they barely know how they got on.

Obviously any parents up filming and stuff is nonsense. They shouldn't be allowed record on school premises to begin with.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on August 24, 2023, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 24, 2023, 02:43:19 PM
I hate that instagram, social media sh*te...and parents are as bad as if not worse than some of the kids.
My wee lad got some of his modules today, he's just out of 4th year - he did just ok but he's had a bad year so we were happy enough that he passed. Kids opening results at the school with parents there videoing and asking everyone else what they got are usually the ones who know they are getting A's. One wee girl started crying as instead of getting straight A's she had a B in the middle.
I felt like saying shut the f*ck up.

No sensitivity at all to the kids who struggle or don't get straight A's. My lad took his home to open and there'll be not publicising results. I told him to tell anyone he asked that he got all A's and B's because generally the people who ask are the ones who did really well and just want to show off.

Really annoys me that crap.

Probably generally a good idea for grown men not to tell teenage girls to shut the f**k up.

Don't think the second part is remotely true. People who ask how they got on tend to be friends or at least classmates. Not randoms walking up for a lead in to tell someone they barely know how they got on.

Obviously any parents up filming and stuff is nonsense. They shouldn't be allowed record on school premises to begin with.

On GDPR grounds they should ban filming on school premises, they cannot control what goes on at home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

That whole thing sickens my hole. I have had 3 sets this summer, degree, A levels and GCSE's (4 if you count the 3 year olds Graduation!!!!). I put my eldest lad and the wee ones photo up as it's kinda mad I have that level of a gap but the other ones I said nowt and will say nowt. They wouldn't want me to either as they think it's cringe as f**k. They did well and I know they did and as far as I'm concerned that's all that counts. The ex wife.....now that's another story ;D

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 24, 2023, 07:30:11 PM
That whole thing sickens my hole. I have had 3 sets this summer, degree, A levels and GCSE's (4 if you count the 3 year olds Graduation!!!!). I put my eldest lad and the wee ones photo up as it's kinda mad I have that level of a gap but the other ones I said nowt and will say nowt. They wouldn't want me to either as they think it's cringe as f**k. They did well and I know they did and as far as I'm concerned that's all that counts. The ex wife.....now that's another story ;D

Tell us more bc1...it is page 666 after all!

Tony Baloney

Fella I know on Facebook this morning congratulating his son on his amazing results. Just go into the living room and tell him  :-\

gallsman

And yet you all consume this relentless shite endlessly!

Delete your Facebook account, not just the app. One of the best quality of life decisions you can make in the 21st century.

Twitter the only one I'm still on. Came very close to getting rid of it around the time Musk took over because it was such a clusterfuck but never pulled the trigger.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on August 24, 2023, 07:41:27 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 24, 2023, 07:30:11 PM

Tell us more bc1...it is page 666 after all!

Ex wife ....number of the beast....draw your own conclusions 😂

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gallsman on August 24, 2023, 08:57:01 PM

Delete your Facebook account, not just the app. One of the best quality of life decisions you can make in the 21st century.

Twitter the only one I'm still on. Came very close to getting rid of it around the time Musk took over because it was such a clusterfuck but never pulled the trigger.

Jeebus gallsman you can't slag the FB and the say your still on the Twitter. Different shades of the same shit. I'm still on both lol. Waste soooo much time

And yes I'd like to hear more from bcb1 😆

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 24, 2023, 09:29:22 PM

Jeebus gallsman you can't slag the FB and the say your still on the Twitter. Different shades of the same shit. I'm still on both lol. Waste soooo much time

I know BCBs ex so I'm pulling up a chair and opening the popcorn.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2023, 09:36:56 PM

I know BCBs ex so I'm pulling up a chair and opening the popcorn.

FFS what have I started here!!!   Make sure the popcorn has plenty of salt is all I'm saying!

AustinPowers

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2023, 08:24:50 PM
Fella I know on Facebook this morning congratulating his son on his amazing results. Just go into the living room and tell him  :-\

That  won't get any  likes now, will it Tony?  ;D

gallsman

Twitter I use for news and sports consumption. Probably needless bit it's the instantaneous nature of it that hooks me in. Facebook is just an endless stream of dickheads posting banal updates of their very boring and run of the mill lives.

It's the "wine o'clock now the kids are in bed and hubby is away to the Chinese. And relax!!! Happy Friday everyone!" c***ts that did it for me. Having a drink on a Friday night? You're 40 years of age. Grow the f**k up you boring ****. Nobody cares.

quit yo jibbajabba

I wouldn't mind seeing more personal posts on fb tho no doubt they would soon annoy me. My feed is ads and suggested posts, pretty much unreadable these days

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 24, 2023, 10:50:31 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more personal posts on fb tho no doubt they would soon annoy me. My feed is ads and suggested posts, pretty much unreadable these days
Same. I don't really know why I look at it as there is very little content nowadays from "friends" and instead it's a mish mash of random advertised content which is getting worse. Mostly on Twitter and check Instagram every once in a while.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on August 24, 2023, 10:18:52 PM

Twitter I use for news and sports consumption. Probably needless bit it's the instantaneous nature of it that hooks me in. Facebook is just an endless stream of dickheads posting banal updates of their very boring and run of the mill lives.

It's the "wine o'clock now the kids are in bed and hubby is away to the Chinese. And relax!!! Happy Friday everyone!" c***ts that did it for me. Having a drink on a Friday night? You're 40 years of age. Grow the f**k up you boring ****. Nobody cares.

The bard of the 'board. This place is the height of my 'social' interaction online and I'd probably take the 'happy Friday crew' over some of the multiple account posting hound dogs on here these days tbh!  ;D