Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Someone messed up. This looks very bad with 2 people dead.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 21, 2023, 08:27:23 PM
Triathlon Ireland attended the event beforehand and due to water condition refused to sanction the event  :o

All participants would have to either have the day license or yearly license with Triathlon Ireland to do any triathlons. I'm surprised then that they allowed it to happen.

This will certainly have changed things should either death have been because of the swim.
There presumably was a lot of money depending on the event going ahead. Governance looks very weak if official advice was overridden.

Square Ball

Looks, well ready to fall apart. Least they are all safe

BBC News - Pakistan cable car: Drone shows people trapped above ravine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66597447

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tbrick18

Quote from: Square Ball on August 23, 2023, 05:27:51 PM
Looks, well ready to fall apart. Least they are all safe

BBC News - Pakistan cable car: Drone shows people trapped above ravine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66597447

Looks like a DIY job. Too many people in that for the size of it too I'd have thought, not to mention the tensile strength of the cable it runs on!
Mental.

jcpen

Quote from: seafoid on August 22, 2023, 05:48:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 21, 2023, 08:27:23 PM
Triathlon Ireland attended the event beforehand and due to water condition refused to sanction the event  :o

All participants would have to either have the day license or yearly license with Triathlon Ireland to do any triathlons. I'm surprised then that they allowed it to happen.

This will certainly have changed things should either death have been because of the swim.
There presumably was a lot of money depending on the event going ahead. Governance looks very weak if official advice was overridden.
Swim was cancelled at the same event a few years ago, I presume they didn't want to cancel it again this time which in hindsight wasn't the best idea.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Eire90

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on August 24, 2023, 12:04:00 PM
some looneys online blaming vaccines

Has the results of the deaths been released?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

statto

Girl I went to school with filming the young fella opening his GCSE's and feeling the need to post it on instagram.  :o

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: statto on August 24, 2023, 01:30:12 PM
Girl I went to school with filming the young fella opening his GCSE's and feeling the need to post it on instagram.  :o

Am guessing the young lad did alright otherwise, it would never have seen the light of day. Post all the good stuff to social media leading everyone to think they have a perfect life when the reality for most of them is that it is an escape from their reality to make them feel good about their shitty lives. 

JohnDenver

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on August 24, 2023, 02:04:48 PM
Quote from: statto on August 24, 2023, 01:30:12 PM

Am guessing the young lad did alright otherwise, it would never have seen the light of day. Post all the good stuff to social media leading everyone to think they have a perfect life when the reality for most of them is that it is an escape from their reality to make them feel good about their shitty lives.

Should be a mandatory requirement if you are doing the instagram reveal, that it should be a live video stream!

tbrick18

I hate that instagram, social media sh*te...and parents are as bad as if not worse than some of the kids.
My wee lad got some of his modules today, he's just out of 4th year - he did just ok but he's had a bad year so we were happy enough that he passed. Kids opening results at the school with parents there videoing and asking everyone else what they got are usually the ones who know they are getting A's. One wee girl started crying as instead of getting straight A's she had a B in the middle.
I felt like saying shut the f*ck up.
No sensitivity at all to the kids who struggle or don't get straight A's. My lad took his home to open and there'll be not publicising results. I told him to tell anyone he asked that he got all A's and B's because generally the people who ask are the ones who did really well and just want to show off.

Really annoys me that crap.

seafoid

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 24, 2023, 02:43:19 PM
I hate that instagram, social media sh*te...and parents are as bad as if not worse than some of the kids.
My wee lad got some of his modules today, he's just out of 4th year - he did just ok but he's had a bad year so we were happy enough that he passed. Kids opening results at the school with parents there videoing and asking everyone else what they got are usually the ones who know they are getting A's. One wee girl started crying as instead of getting straight A's she had a B in the middle.
No sensitivity at all to the kids who struggle or don't get straight A's. My lad took his home to open and there'll be not publicising results. I told him to tell anyone he asked that he got all A's and B's because generally the people who ask are the ones who did really well and just want to show off.

+1

It's really insensitive

tintin25

Quote from: seafoid on August 24, 2023, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 24, 2023, 02:43:19 PM

+1

It's really insensitive

Here was me thinking doing those videos announcing a pregnancy to family/friends was cringeworthy enough....people have no shame.

The desperation to get likes and attention is off the scale.

clarshack

It really is disgusting and the same type of people even do similar on Christmas Day showing off all the presents that they have got.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2023, 03:15:22 PM
It really is disgusting and the same type of people even do similar on Christmas Day showing off all the presents that they have got.

Aye, the Christmas stuff bothers me a lot.  I know a girl who gives her children a serious quantity of presents (that doesn't negate the quality btw) and puts the videos up for all to see.  The message it must teach her kids, that more is better, bigger is better.

The same girl recently put a post on facebook about giving away her baby furniture to a 'needy family' as she was done having more.  The gesture itself was great, it was a lot of good stuff, but she lives a half a mile down the road from a community center that are constantly asking for donations for families on facebook.  She no more needed to advertise it, other than to get the "oh my goodness that is brilliant" posts streaming through. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...