Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 17, 2023, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 17, 2023, 02:20:55 PM
Same sort of craic, 20 odd years and only used it twice,  once for a burst water tank in the attic space and once when one of the kids left the tap running all day and I came home to a swimming pool in the hall!  Handy having a loss assessor who over estimated the damage as I got the house redecorated twice on Axa  ;D
Same as this. Can't over estimate how important it is to get your own loss adjuster in to deal with the insurance claim. More than worth the commission!!

The 20% was well oiled in the assessment!!!

Saffrongael

I had a substantial claim in 2021, renewed November 21 and declared the claim obviously and very little difference in premium. November 22 it had doubled  :o
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

gallsman

I see some shinner down in Offaly is doing her best to look out for all the people who took money out of BOI "in good faith".

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on August 17, 2023, 05:36:41 PM
I see some shinner down in Offaly is doing her best to look out for all the people who took money out of BOI "in good faith".

Ahhh shhtaap.

rodney trotter

Kevin McGourty seems to be a cowboy, posing as a lawyer in Scotland

trailer

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 17, 2023, 07:09:06 PM

Kevin's not playing with the full deck.

clarshack

Sure if Bryson can do it anybody can!

dec

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/disgraced-former-gaa-star-accused-of-posing-as-a-lawyer-in-scotland/a327469027.html

QuoteA legal source told the Sunday World: "It's Kevin McGourty because that's his company he registered and he's well known in legal circles in Ireland."He's a very intelligent man but he's also a complete head-the-ball."

So is "complete head-the-ball" an official legal term?

Tony Baloney

Same sort of craic, 20 odd years and only used it twice,  once for a burst water tank in the attic space and once when one of the kids left the tap running all day and I came home to a swimming pool in the hall!  Handy having a loss assessor who over estimated the damage as I got the house redecorated twice on Axa  ;D
Was the loss adjustor a former Armagh footballer by any chance?

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 17, 2023, 10:51:29 PM
Was the loss adjustor a former Armagh footballer by any chance?

How do you qualify to become a loss adjustor?

Always heard that they are well worthwhile - take a good cut but are very detailed in their work.

Less stress for the owner after something has happened insurance wise.

tintin25

Alot of Loss Assessors tend to start off in Insurance companies or Loss Adjusting firms and then go out on their own.  They can serve a purpose to a degree but there's plenty of them who are pure con men all the same...but sure if it gets you your claim paid then I imagine people wouldn't care less

johnnycool

Quote from: clarshack on August 17, 2023, 09:28:21 PM

Sure if Bryson can do it anybody can!

He's got a certificate;

"In 2018 the Law Society of Ireland awarded him a MOOC Certificate in Sports Law."

Kidder81

Quote from: tintin25 on August 18, 2023, 09:26:19 AM
Alot of Loss Assessors tend to start off in Insurance companies or Loss Adjusting firms and then go out on their own.  They can serve a purpose to a degree but there's plenty of them who are pure con men all the same...but sure if it gets you your claim paid then I imagine people wouldn't care less

They are handy but I think you could probably take a decent go at it yourself

Orior

The story of Lucy Letby is chilling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-66180606

I'd like to really undersand what motivated her, and if she had issues when she was younger.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trueblue1234

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 18, 2023, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: tintin25 on August 18, 2023, 09:26:19 AM

They are handy but I think you could probably take a decent go at it yourself

I thought that. The thing is you don't know what you don't know. Ours was great. I'd say we got 3 times what we would have got if we went direct. He put in for everything and knew what to quote on things to ensure you got enough but didn't p!ss off the insurer. Money well spent.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit