Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on August 15, 2023, 11:35:01 PM
Bank of Ireland ATMS giving out money not in accounts. But it was debiting the account, so unauthorised overdraft charge coming up.

Absolute morons, every single one of them.

Saw a follow-up video where they all go straight to an electrical store after to buy huge flat screen TVs  ::)

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 16, 2023, 09:07:03 AM
Bank of Ireland ATMS giving out money not in accounts. But it was debiting the account, so unauthorised overdraft charge coming up.

Saw a follow-up video where they all go straight to an electrical store after to buy huge flat screen TVs  ::)

These people walk amongst us. Incidents like this show us what society is really like.

sensethetone

Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 09:38:08 AM

Remember Beavis and Butthead getting free cash from an ATM then becoming America's most wanted after the Police reconstruction.

These people walk amongst us. Incidents like this show us what society is really like.

LeoMc

Quote from: sensethetone on August 16, 2023, 09:44:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 09:38:08 AM

Remember Beavis and Butthead getting free cash from an ATM then becoming America's most wanted after the Police reconstruction.

It is out and out theft. It is not simply a ATM allowing people to withdraw more than they have. These people have to transfer money they don't have to a non BOI account before being able to withdraw it.

It is not as if machines are not recording withdrawals. These morons are having to log on to their online BOI account and perform a transfer. In what world do they think they won't be traced.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quick Google shows Bank of Ireland charge 13.25% interest on overdrafts. Looking at a few hundred euro interest a year including their annual arrangement fee.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 16, 2023, 10:13:34 AM
Quick Google shows Bank of Ireland charge 13.25% interest on overdrafts. Looking at a few hundred euro interest a year including their annual arrangement fee.

Which is about 12% more than they offer depositors.
In reality, people in this situation will be be excused this fee if they pay the money back in an orderly way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

These are the types of people that were fighting each other over Bog Roll in 2020.

general_lee

I'd say there's a few opportunists who just need quick access to cash they don't have to pay off other debt. I refuse to believe every single person is so stupid to think they'd get away with stealing money.

Did something similar not happen before with Ulster bank?

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on August 16, 2023, 10:32:42 AM
I'd say there's a few opportunists who just need quick access to cash they don't have to pay off other debt. I refuse to believe every single person is so stupid to think they'd get away with stealing money.

Yes and they had to pay it back. Obv some people who don't care about their credit score probably didn't. These people complain how things aren't fair yet only take from society and give nothing back. BOI and others should debank them. (unbank? whatever the term is).

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 10:46:31 AM

Yes and they had to pay it back. Obv some people who don't care about their credit score probably didn't. These people complain how things aren't fair yet only take from society and give nothing back. BOI and others should debank them. (unbank? whatever the term is).

When you're on the breadline it's all about the here and now!

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on August 16, 2023, 10:47:20 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 10:46:31 AM

When you're on the breadline it's all about the here and now!

This behaviour is why they are on the breadline.

clarshack

Know of a family all on benefits that cleaned out the local atm and they got away with it.
when the bank came knocking they said that they had spent all the cash and had no way of paying it back.
the bank didn't pursue it as they probably thought it would be like trying to get blood out of a stone
but in a case such as that those people should be made to pay the money back through their benefit payments imo.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on August 16, 2023, 11:03:12 AM

Know of a family all on benefits that cleaned out the local atm and they got away with it.
when the bank came knocking they said that they had spent all the cash and had no way of paying it back.
the bank didn't pursue it as they probably thought it would be like trying to get blood out of a stone
but in a case such as that those people should be made to pay the money back through their benefit payments imo.

Yeah, I'd say bank just let it go.  They'll just write it off.

Making huge profits and the bank wouldn't want the PR of court cases etc. as it'd keep their tech balls up in the limelight...and they wouldn't want that.

armaghniac

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2023, 11:41:40 AM
Yeah, I'd say bank just let it go.  They'll just write it off.

Making huge profits and the bank wouldn't want the PR of court cases etc. as it'd keep their tech balls up in the limelight...and they wouldn't want that.

No, they'll just close the accounts and get rid of wasters from whom they'll never make a profit anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B