Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2023, 10:14:08 AM
Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2023, 09:05:24 AM
Quote from: AnPuca on August 08, 2023, 07:00:33 PM
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/catastrophic-psni-blunder-identifies-every-serving-police-officer-and-civilian-staff-prompting-security-nightmare/a1823676448.html

Monumental f*** up by the psni.

An easy mistake to make, and I suspect a new employee and slack line management. Doubt anyone would get sacked - surely it's very difficult to sack a civil servant?

If you have the mental capacity of an amoeba, which lets face it many in the silly service do.
It was pure laziness. The FOI asked for numbers of staff per rank and rather than do a very simple table or pivot it is clea the lazy hoor just fired them all the data in Excel to let them sort it themselves.

trailer

Has anyone seen the data or know of anyone who has? I haven't seen or heard it circulated, so maybe they got it in time?

Kidder81

Loads of bullshit coming out anyway, cops saying their own wife didn't know they were a cop etc Would say most of the 70% Protestant make up of the PSNI are known in their communities as cops.

NAG1

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 09, 2023, 03:52:56 PM
Loads of bullshit coming out anyway, cops saying their own wife didn't know they were a cop etc Would say most of the 70% Protestant make up of the PSNI are known in their communities as cops.

100%

It will used as an excuse to get off on the sick or to get an early pay off in lots of cases. It won't matter to that 70%

It is the other percentage of Catholics/ Nationalists in there that it will be an issue for.

I would imagine in the civilian elements of the service the percentage would a lot closer to 50 50 so there will be a lot of concerned people in this category, who for appearances sake work for the 'civil service'.

I would say there is a serious IT search ongoing for all those who accessed the data and trail of where it went from there.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2023, 03:42:16 PM
Has anyone seen the data or know of anyone who has? I haven't seen or heard it circulated, so maybe they got it in time?

Apparently the person that requested the FOI act posted it on What Do They Know website (or something like that).
It was up for a couple of hours before it was taken down.

While they will no doubt be checking who downloaded (and probably able to identify them) it etc they have zero chance of finding someone that took screenshots of it.

They will be a lot of very concerned people out there - not to mention families of these people.

Huge compo claims coming as someone said earlier

RedHand88

So there was another breach on July 6th which was never disclosed. 200 names stolen from a car.

quit yo jibbajabba

marty34

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:11:39 PM

Apparently the person that requested the FOI act posted it on What Do They Know website (or something like that).

While they will no doubt be checking who downloaded (and probably able to identify them) it etc they have zero chance of finding someone that took screenshots of it.

They will be a lot of very concerned people out there - not to mention families of these people.

What can they do about it?

It wasn't stolen.  It was placed on that website I think.

armaghniac

Quote from: marty34 on August 09, 2023, 05:04:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:11:39 PM

What can they do about it?

It wasn't stolen.  It was placed on that website I think.

Nothing was stolen or hacked here, the PSNI published the information themselves.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2023, 06:02:13 PM
That Dungannon video is disgraceful.
I see some fella in a coma after a kicking on McLean Ave (including on the ground again) by a load of fellas in GAA gear. Everybody seems to be a wannabe MMA fighter these days and want to finish boys on the ground.

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

clarshack

Quote from: Rudi on August 10, 2023, 01:38:16 PM
https://gript.ie/distressing-video-of-police-arresting-girl-with-autism-over-homophobic-remark-goes-viral/

If Helen McEntee's hate speech bill gets through I guess you will see more of these types of videos emerge in the south. Always seems to be loads of cops to arrest easy targets but never to tackle feral teenage gangs roaming the streets.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2023, 02:24:05 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 10, 2023, 01:38:16 PM
https://gript.ie/distressing-video-of-police-arresting-girl-with-autism-over-homophobic-remark-goes-viral/

If Helen McEntee's hate speech bill gets through I guess you will see more of these types of videos emerge in the south. Always seems to be loads of cops to arrest easy targets but never to tackle feral teenage gangs roaming the streets.

The hate speech that has been in place since 1989?