Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: red hander on August 08, 2023, 07:36:31 PM
Keystone Kops wouldn't be in it. A farce of an organisation.
You have to laugh at the politicians running around issuing statements and acting important, and them couldn't run a bath and in absolutely zero position to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Wildweasel74

I wonder did local Sinn Fein councillors in Cookstown mention they looking carparking charges introduced in the 2 main carparks in their election manifestos recently. Coming off the Umbrella farce they making themselves right popular.

Snapchap

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2023, 12:35:41 AM
I wonder did local Sinn Fein councillors in Cookstown mention they looking carparking charges introduced in the 2 main carparks in their election manifestos recently. Coming off the Umbrella farce they making themselves right popular.

Yes the outrage of a councillor asking if the council might replace broken council supplied/branded umbrellas. Quite the story eh? The people are surely on the verge of widespread civil unrest surely?  I know its all anybody I've met wants to talk about anyway ::)

Tell me this, does Stephen Nolan tell you what to think all the time time? Or just when it comes to Sinn Féin?

Orior

Quote from: AnPuca on August 08, 2023, 07:00:33 PM
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/catastrophic-psni-blunder-identifies-every-serving-police-officer-and-civilian-staff-prompting-security-nightmare/a1823676448.html

Monumental f*** up by the psni.

An easy mistake to make, and I suspect a new employee and slack line management. Doubt anyone would get sacked - surely it's very difficult to sack a civil servant?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2023, 09:05:24 AM
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/catastrophic-psni-blunder-identifies-every-serving-police-officer-and-civilian-staff-prompting-security-nightmare/a1823676448.html

An easy mistake to make, and I suspect a new employee and slack line management. Doubt anyone would get sacked - surely it's very difficult to sack a civil servant?

eh? There's no way they should get away with pinning this on an individual or "slack line management" new employee or not.

For this type of information to be made available online it would really need to be the responsibility of the Chief Constable or one of their front line, no one individual or their team leader should be able to do that!

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2023, 09:27:24 AM

eh? There's no way they should get away with pinning this on an individual or "slack line management" new employee or not.

For this type of information to be made available online it would really need to be the responsibility of the Chief Constable or one of their front line, no one individual or their team leader should be able to do that!

Was it not a response to an FOI? The Chief Constable isn't sitting doing FOI responses, I'm sure like every big public sector organisation there is a dedicated team doing them.

Orior

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 09, 2023, 09:31:44 AM

Was it not a response to an FOI? The Chief Constable isn't sitting doing FOI responses, I'm sure like every big public sector organisation there is a dedicated team doing them.

And there is probably someone on sick leave today due to stress.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

It was and the PSNI are historically poor and slow to respond to them with heavily redacted responses so it's all the more staggering that a FOI request for the number of officers in each rank ended up with a whole database with names, addresses, branches they work in being released.
There's no way the dedicated FOI team would have access to that database and neither should an ordinary admin in HR to download the bloody thing and then upload it onto their website.

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2023, 09:45:33 AM

And there is probably someone on sick leave today due to stress.

There'll be an awful lot more of that now, you can bet on that.

trailer

If you have the mental capacity of an amoeba, which lets face it many in the silly service do.

brokencrossbar1

Human error is human error but this is going to be devastating for the PSNI and Simon Byrne I'd say. He's on his Jollies and not coming off it and the optics of that will not be lost. The cost of this will run into millions. With over 10000 names on it the claims to the IOC could reach in excess of £20m. That doesn't even account for any ancillary claims for family members and the inevitable flood of them. Will the Agnew holiday claim case decision imminent in the Supreme Court the pressure is going to seriously ramp up. The next few months could effectively bankrupt the police!

Milltown Row2

Solicitors will be rubbing their hands, I'd say there's plenty at this airport I'm at today heading home early to prepare  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 10:39:28 AM
Solicitors will be rubbing their hands, I'd say there's plenty at this airport I'm at today heading home early to prepare  ;D

First day of holidays and had to draft a press release for the impacts something like this would have on employers who breach data!  Feck off and leave me alone!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 09, 2023, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 10:39:28 AM

First day of holidays and had to draft a press release for the impacts something like this would have on employers who breach data!  Feck off and leave me alone!

I deal with emails on hols with a photo of where I am and I'll sort it when I get back!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea