Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2023, 07:20:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-66310919

Man serves 17 years for a rape and attempted murder he did not commit, 10 of which was because he wouldn't confess. Scary how this can happen.

A lot of sexual offences are not proved beyond reasonable doubt, but people are convicted anyhow. There are no witnesses and it is one person's word against the other. There is legitimate concern about women not being believed, but sending some to jail for a long period should require evidence and there often isn't.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

trailer

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: armaghniac on July 26, 2023, 08:08:59 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2023, 07:20:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-66310919

Man serves 17 years for a rape and attempted murder he did not commit, 10 of which was because he wouldn't confess. Scary how this can happen.

A lot of sexual offences are not proved beyond reasonable doubt, but people are convicted anyhow. There are no witnesses and it is one person's word against the other. There is legitimate concern about women not being believed, but sending some to jail for a long period should require evidence and there often isn't.

Follow up to this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66324801

To summarise:
"Even if you fight tooth and nail and gain compensation, you have to pay the Prison Service for so-called 'board and lodging'."

Sorry about jailing you incorrectly for 17 years.  That'll be £100k please. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

imtommygunn

F**king hell. We've screwed you over once - let's just screw you over again. Shocking.

Cunny Funt

Found a wallet yesterday on the bus containing 2 thousand and all 50 euro notes. The owner was 15 year old lad, I thought to myself WTF is young fella carrying that amount of cash around for?

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 27, 2023, 08:04:19 PM
Found a wallet yesterday on the bus containing 2 thousand and all 50 euro notes. The owner was 15 year old lad, I thought to myself WTF is young fella carrying that amount of cash around for?
Mad that ten years ago you wouldn't bat an eyelid at 2k cash. Now its rare to see anyone with more than 100 or so, everything is contactless.

If he's 15 with that cash on him my first guess would be it came from selling certain substances!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 27, 2023, 09:17:49 PM
Mad that ten years ago you wouldn't bat an eyelid at 2k cash. Now its rare to see anyone with more than 100 or so, everything is contactless.

If he's 15 with that cash on him my first guess would be it came from selling certain substances!
Could have been going to travel agency to pay holidays?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

How  did you know the  owner was 15?   Did you  shout down the  bus "here, did anyone lose  a wallet with 2 grand in it?" , and he put up  his hand?  ;)

Wildweasel74

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 27, 2023, 09:55:15 PM

How  did you know the  owner was 15?   Did you  shout down the  bus "here, did anyone lose  a wallet with 2 grand in it?" , and he put up  his hand?  ;)
ID card with his date of birth, usually handy to have in your wallet if you happen to lose it. 

armaghniac

armaghniac

Aristo 60

Much the same in his drawers too I would say

armaghniac

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 29, 2023, 11:19:01 AM
Much the same in his drawers too I would say

It was certainly a crap effort.