Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on April 13, 2023, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 13, 2023, 01:39:48 PM
Usually clowns that are on a bus sing these songs.

Drinking culture on the bus...then they head to the highest spot on Hill 16.

Clowns.

Kidding yourself that it's to do with groups or amount of drink taken. There's plenty of racism and bigotry throughout Irish society. The Wylies were abused as prods for years. Aaron Cunningham for plenty of it.

As much as we all love and romanticise the GAA, in and of itself and it's members, it's no different to the rest of society. It's not some magical protection against all the ills of the day.

Yes this too actually.

Upandover

An antrim player called a british bastard by a waterford player during the league, hear its quite common for northern teams to hear that kind of slur.

pjm

Quote from: Upandover on April 13, 2023, 08:41:57 PM
An antrim player called a british bastard by a waterford player during the league, hear its quite common for northern teams to hear that kind of slur.
35 years ago called a "free state bastard" in a college freshers final

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pjm on April 13, 2023, 08:51:29 PM

Accurate?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Upandover

35 years ago a quare stretch, you would think things have moved on. This was last year, said player had the hospitality of our local club the day before to train in, left a sour taste tbh.

marty34

Quote from: gallsman on April 13, 2023, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 13, 2023, 01:39:48 PM
Usually clowns that are on a bus sing these songs.

Drinking culture on the bus...then they head to the highest spot on Hill 16.

Clowns.

Kidding yourself that it's to do with groups or amount of drink taken. There's plenty of racism and bigotry throughout Irish society. The Wylies were abused as prods for years. Aaron Cunningham for plenty of it.

As much as we all love and romanticise the GAA, in and of itself and it's members, it's no different to the rest of society. It's not some magical protection against all the ills of the day.

I'm taking about groups of people singing songs etc. Look at the previous messages.

Racism etc. has no place in the gaa - club or county or anywhere in society for that matter.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Orior on April 13, 2023, 07:28:55 PM
I've been to many many matches are never heard anything untoward.

That said, if I did hear any racial slurs then I would be giving the culprit an earful.

I once heard a Dublin supporter shout at Seán Óg Ó hAilpín to go back to Africa, he moderated his tone when I threatened to kick him up and down the steps of Croke Park.

trailer

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 14, 2023, 12:45:54 AM

That said, if I did hear any racial slurs then I would be giving the culprit an earful.

I once heard a Dublin supporter shout at Seán Óg Ó hAilpín to go back to Africa, he moderated his tone when I threatened to kick him up and down the steps of Croke Park.

And him not even African descent!

That must of been hard for you, I'll light a candle next time I'm at mass

Armagh18

What a gobshite. Sure everyone knows his parents are from Fermanagh and Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold ;).

Fair play to you for calling the p***k out on it and would like to think anyone would do the same.

No place for that shite everyone should be welcome to pull on a gaa jersey without listening to that!

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 10:18:25 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 14, 2023, 09:58:58 AM

What a gobshite. Sure everyone knows his parents are from Fermanagh and the Philippines, neither a hurling stronghold ;).

Fair play to you for calling the p***k out on it and would like to think anyone would do the same.

No place for that shite everyone should be welcome to pull on a gaa jersey without listening to that!
Fiji.
Geography never my strong point lol

Mike Tyson

That poor baby Finley Boden and what he must have went through in his short life. Simply do not understand how anyone can do such horrific things to a baby.

Rudi

Quote from: Mike Tyson on April 14, 2023, 02:48:41 PM
That poor baby Finley Boden and what he must have went through in his short life. Simply do not understand how anyone can do such horrific things to a baby.

You wouldn't feel well after reading reports. God love the poor Baby. Pure evil.

J70

There are no words.

Poor little child. I would say the parents were psychopathic monsters, devoid of all feeling, but it looks like they tortured that poor child, their own flesh and blood and enjoyed it. IS there a descriptive word for that?

The lives we are all granted - so much luck or misfortune involved when it comes to circumstance and time.

Armagh18

Jesus Christ. Had to stop reading the article. Was going to say hopefully he at least died quickly but sounds like he suffered no end.

Those bastards want tortured to death over a period of years.