Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on April 09, 2023, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 09, 2023, 07:46:29 AM
Lee Chin is infinitely more of a Gael than any neanderthal gobshite that gets on like that. Not fit to lick his boots, never mind lace them.

Hopefully the GAA do something about this person.

Needs banned for life.

Nobody gets banned for life in the GAA.

armaghniac

Quote from: clarshack on April 09, 2023, 10:20:17 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 09, 2023, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 09, 2023, 07:46:29 AM
Lee Chin is infinitely more of a Gael than any neanderthal gobshite that gets on like that. Not fit to lick his boots, never mind lace them.

Hopefully the GAA do something about this person.

Needs banned for life.

Nobody gets banned for life in the GAA.

Time to start, perhaps. But a ban for 10 years might suffice.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thewobbler

Just throwing something out here.

I was a poor footballer, so nobody was going to gain an advantage with mind games etc on me; I was already beaten. But I did play for a long time.

During that time I was called:

A fat ****
A useless ****
A stupid ****
A retard
A spastic
A Ballyholland ****
A Newry ****
A Down ****
A wobbly headed ****

And so on.

And some by teammates

In the cold light of day any of those is a pretty shocking thing to hear. But never once did it make me stop and think, when playing.

People call each c***ts when playing sport.

—-

I'm not defending racism. Never will.

But is it possible at all to have reasonable discussion that players (and fans) just mumble and shout without thinking... and that it's not racially motivated so much as noise?

I'm sure I've posted roughly this line before, but what essentially is the difference between calling someone a ginger **** and calling someone a Chinese ****?

I'd argue nothing... on most occasions.

general_lee

Name and shame the **** and bar him for the maximum time possible. It's pathetic that wankers are out there and think they can get on like that!

Wildweasel74

Played fball 15+ yrs, don't recall a player insulting me yet, which wasnt a bad thing, saying I was known to take a odd head stagger

clarshack

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 10, 2023, 12:00:10 AM
Played fball 15+ yrs, don't recall a player insulting me yet, which wasnt a bad thing, saying I was known to take a odd head stagger

Really? Nobody from Tyrone even try and wind you up at some stage?

LC

Absolutely heart breaking, incidents such as these resonate more especially when your own children are of a similar age.

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2023, 11:12:54 AM
Did a 14 year old crash the car ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2023/04/12/gardai-examine-car-and-phones-after-devastating-loss-of-children-in-co-galway-crash/

What the hell was going on here? What were the parents doing? This is completely unacceptable. Parents should be in court over this.

imtommygunn

On the subject of parents the parents of a lot of those young ones out on the streets in Derry have a lot to answer for too. The size of some of those kids  ???

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2023, 11:22:31 AM
On the subject of parents the parents of a lot of those young ones out on the streets in Derry have a lot to answer for too. The size of some of those kids  ???

Parents probably putting them up to it. On Twitter and elsewhere you get the shithead apologist about poverty and lack of opportunities. At this moment in time if you walk into any Restaurant, Pub, Shop, building site and ask for a job you'll get one. Jobs that require minimal skill other than getting up in the morning. These people are the product of generational wasters. Their parents were dole merchants and they'll be the same. Absolutely no excuse for what was going on. It was recreational rioting and nothing more.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2023, 11:18:09 AM
What the hell was going on here? What were the parents doing? This is completely unacceptable. Parents should be in court over this.

It should be investigated thoroughly, but I doubt if any of those parents were consulted about a joy ride at 5am.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Brendan

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2023, 11:39:06 AM

Parents probably putting them up to it. On Twitter and elsewhere you get the shithead apologist about poverty and lack of opportunities. At this moment in time if you walk into any Restaurant, Pub, Shop, building site and ask for a job you'll get one. Jobs that require minimal skill other than getting up in the morning. These people are the product of generational wasters. Their parents were dole merchants and they'll be the same. Absolutely no excuse for what was going on. It was recreational rioting and nothing more.

Crazy what passes for a riot these days, 1 round of petrol bombs and a half arsed road block

LC

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2023, 11:39:06 AM

Absolutely spot on, agree 100%.  I was in Derry a few months ago and could not believe the amount of social (free) housing being built all round the city and not a bad car parked outside any of those complete.  Where is the incentive to get off your backside and get skills / education if you will get a house handed to you.  Sounds a bit harsh but I heard someone saying one time the ability to work was the one disease the Derry City man never got......possibly applies to a good few of the age 18+ muckers who were out rioting the other night.