Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Beginning to sound a bit like that woman Jolene Bunting from up here who I saw going viral from some anti-woke etc etc site for her stance on drag queens / story reading to kids etc etc and how she used that to harass and more or less assault people. The people who agree with the message don't really seem to understand what a despicable human being she is and are championing her.

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2022, 03:48:58 PM
Beginning to sound a bit like that woman Jolene Bunting from up here who I saw going viral from some anti-woke etc etc site for her stance on drag queens / story reading to kids etc etc and how she used that to harass and more or less assault people. The people who agree with the message don't really seem to understand what a despicable human being she is and are championing her.

That right wing christofascist nonsense has reached Ireland now?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2022, 04:07:53 PM

Reached?  It has always been here.....just was part of the establishment before now.

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2022, 04:07:53 PM

Have you spent much time in the north  ;D

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2022, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 06, 2022, 01:33:42 PM
SSE up by 34% in October - thats another increase to the one released a couple of weeks ago I think.

Is it price gouging, do they think people will be more conservative with using electric, gas and other energy items and they will be losing out in the long run?

Like who is getting paid that much extra to cover the increase of food and energy, plus all the other increases?

It isnt these companies - it is the ones supplying it I believe.

Bunch of robbing bast4rds either way

seafoid

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 05:31:14 PM
B***s Johnson is 13/2 joint second favourite on Paddy Power to be the next UK Conservative party leader after Truss.

https://www.paddypower.com/politics
Not surprising. People don't like her. Inflation is on the way. Even fewer people will like her.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

I honestly think there is a good chance this might happen. We haven't seen the last of him unfortunately.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2022, 05:39:38 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 05:31:14 PM
B***s Johnson is 13/2 joint second favourite on Paddy Power to be the next UK Conservative party leader after Truss.

https://www.paddypower.com/politics
Not surprising. People don't like her. Inflation is on the way. Even fewer people will like her.

Having quoted Cincinnatus in his farewells it is inevitable he will return from his plough to lead again....

Capt Pat

I remember when Tatcher was forced from power people wanted to bring hr back as well. It never happened. Boris is a good deal younger though.

imtommygunn

Johnson IMO was one of the worst ever if not the worst but what's coming here will be worse again. That new SoS here is an abomination too.

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2022, 09:15:36 PM
Johnson IMO was one of the worst ever if not the worst but what's coming here will be worse again. That new SoS here is an abomination too.

I agree.
I think we are in for a particularly bad time here in the coming months.

Truss and her ideals change with the wind so its also unpredictable what approach she'll take. I suspect though that NI will be well down the list of priorities and so the DUP will get away with what they're doing right now.

As for the new SoS, it's either a statement of intent with regards the protocol or it was scraping the bottom of the barrel as so many others had rejected the role.

imtommygunn

The reckoning is she'll shaft the DUP based on her language. I would be inclined to say bottom of barrel over statement on protocol.

Like you say though she changes like the wind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 04:38:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2022, 11:25:38 AM
Not one comment on the above? Seems its just one of those things people accept nowadays....

Horrible

I don't click on cockteasing links.

Went on to the RTE news front page and not one mention of the murder in Dublin of the kids.. Strange world were some deaths matter and others don't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Media bias on things. I mean it is awful about that wee girl Madeline McCann who disappeared but never would you have seen so much publicity for a missing person in "MSM" as that when there are people, kids included, missing everywhere. All very disproportionate for whatever reason.

Last Man

These kind of stories quite likely get buried because they prompt too many awkward conversations about the failings that led to this tragedy. Objective journalists and more importantly editors are a thing of the past.