Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Frampton on countdown in dictionary corner  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 26, 2022, 02:43:38 PM
Frampton on countdown in dictionary corner  ;D

What was it like!! She was telling me he was going to be on it!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He was very good. Even cracked a football joke that worked!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Paul Pogba

Has been gettin blackmailed by childhood friends and his brother for 13mill.....

RedHand88

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 28, 2022, 07:56:51 PM
Paul Pogba

Has been gettin blackmailed by childhood friends and his brother for 13mill.....

Came here to post this. Mental. The brother says he's going to post shocking revelations about him on September 1st.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ooh. Didnt see that bit.
Far from a fan but plenty those boys would have some amount of hangers on. Family being a whole different ball game obvs.
Its a wonder theres not more blackmail/kidnappings with the figures involved these days

Edit: no evidence that Souness is involved. Yet....

Farrandeelin

Vogue Williams is addressing the Ukrainian parliament. The most what the f**k of all what the fucks that ever existed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2022, 09:01:21 PM
I know that an awful lot of Hi-Fi buffs tend to fall for varying amounts of snake oil, but seriously - £155 for a 13 Amp plug fuse?  :o

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/synergistic-research-orange-high-end-uk-13a-fuse

Talk about a load of shite in the item description.

QuoteSynergistic Research's Orange range of fuses are their latest and greatest breakthrough. Synergistic Fuses are available as both 'Fast-blow' and 'Slow-blow' options and are designed for a wide range of Hi-Fi and AV equipment. The Fast-blow fuses are most commonly found in everyday electronic equipment. They are less tolerant to high current passing through, meaning the fuse will blow easier but it will protect your equipment in the process. Fast-blow fuses should be used where the equipment is sensitive to the flow of electricity, allowing a prompt reaction to any surges in order to protect your equipment. For example, a Fast-blow fuse can be used in Pre-Amps, DACs and TVs. When installing your new fuse, please ensure you test the fuse in both directions as they are directional from left to right. When the fuse is inserted in the correct direction, it is designed to sound more detailed.

The new ORANGE Quantum Fuse is a direct result of technology Synergistic Research first developed for their Limited Edition Galileo SX PowerCell. At its core are new UEF Technologies and a completely new multi-stage high voltage treatment process for the lowest noise floor of any fuse they have ever manufactured. In fact, ORANGE is by far the most significant leap in performance across five fuse generations. Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism. Other benefits over prior SR fuses include a larger soundstage with greater depth, width, and front-to-back layering. Musicality or the presence of increased detail without a hint of fatigue is off the charts for extended listening that is never harsh despite being their highest resolution fuse to date.

So if laoislad is reading this, any thoughts?  8)
A good thick bolt would suffice

RedHand88

I'm completely lost. How does a fuse affect the noise a speaker makes?

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2022, 11:31:56 PM
A fuse is only there to protect equipment, I dunno how it could possibly affect the sound.
People buying these are probably the same who spend €100 on a HDMI lead when a €5 one from Dealz will do exactly the same job.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Square Ball

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2022, 07:53:08 AM
A fuse is only there to protect equipment, I dunno how it could possibly affect the sound.
People buying these are probably the same who spend €100 on a HDMI lead when a €5 one from Dealz will do exactly the same job.

I have magic beans for sale, any takers?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Square Ball on August 30, 2022, 08:10:01 AM

I have magic beans for sale, any takers?

Gimme, gimme, gimme....I've an auld mangy cow....will you take it for payment?

RedHand88

Thats what I thought. There are a load of 5 star reviews on there who swear it's improved the quality. Some people just have too much money.