Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It has really just been rabble rousing and as we see time and time again at election time this is what the dup do best.

yellowcard

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what has happened here. A cabal of hard unionists/loyalists such as Bryson, Hoey, Holmes etc got together around the start of the year and began an orchestrated campaign to discredit anyone and everyone who didn't agree with their own insular world view. It didn't matter whether misinformation or mistruths were presented as fact, just repeat them often enough and hope that something sticks, a tactic straight from the Steve Bannon/Trump playbook. Some of it is justified frustration but lots of it is contrived anger aimed in the wrong direction. Enabled and assisted by Ben Lowry's Newsletter.

Anyone and everyone was fair game except for those who agreed with them. Journalists, commentators, Alliance Party, Doug Beattie, the judiciary, academics, EU, Irish government. All aimed at propping up the anti protocol DUP vote in the upcoming general election. This fear and division tactic might salvage some support for the DUP again in the short term but yet again they will have isolated Unionism further as a whole in the aftermath. Jeffrey Donaldson is another puppet to hard loyalism, a very weak leader who is just going with the flow for votes. It is really depressing listening to local media in the run up to an election and this one is worse as the silent majority get drowned out again at the expense of the noisy rabble rousers. 

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2022, 04:30:52 PM
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what has happened here. A cabal of hard unionists/loyalists such as Bryson, Hoey, Holmes etc got together around the start of the year and began an orchestrated campaign to discredit anyone and everyone who didn't agree with their own insular world view. It didn't matter whether misinformation or mistruths were presented as fact, just repeat them often enough and hope that something sticks, a tactic straight from the Steve Bannon/Trump playbook. Some of it is justified frustration but lots of it is contrived anger aimed in the wrong direction. Enabled and assisted by Ben Lowry's Newsletter.

Anyone and everyone was fair game except for those who agreed with them. Journalists, commentators, Alliance Party, Doug Beattie, the judiciary, academics, EU, Irish government. All aimed at propping up the anti protocol DUP vote in the upcoming general election. This fear and division tactic might salvage some support for the DUP again in the short term but yet again they will have isolated Unionism further as a whole in the aftermath. Jeffrey Donaldson is another puppet to hard loyalism, a very weak leader who is just going with the flow for votes. It is really depressing listening to local media in the run up to an election and this one is worse as the silent majority get drowned out again at the expense of the noisy rabble rousers.

All aided and abetted by the OO.

Fortunately everybody is not on Twitter so although loud on Twitter etc. the dissident loyalists doesn't impinge on most peoples' lives. Empty vessels and all that...

Key thing is the the UUP's and TUV's anger should be directed at the DUP for bringing the mess that is Brexit.

seafoid

The Brits have moved on from the EU is weak and the Protocol to getting brownie points from the EU in the Ukraine  war effort. Nobody in Whitehall cares what Portadown wants.

Unionism is a long way from reality. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Average Score

Ed Sheeran wins libel case how the f**k they thought it was plagiarized - Oh I - Oh Why - Oh give me a load of money cause my song was shite!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61006984

Hoof Hearted

Patrice Evra at the AI ploughing championship on county Laois
Something I never thought I would see  ;D ;D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tintin25

David McKeown

Quote from: Orior on April 10, 2022, 06:07:57 PM
Just your typical wedding in Belfast..... with UDA infighting

https://twitter.com/snoxyy14/status/1513147854713503754

Just wait to the CCCC get on involved. There'll be at least 3 bans
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seafoid

The French FG equivalent candidate got 5% in the presidential election.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Belfast solicitor firm Kevin winters representing George Galloway in his fight against Twitter as they've labelled him Russian state affiliated media  ;D