Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Taylor on March 29, 2022, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 29, 2022, 03:47:13 PM
Ali G be gutted.

Yup, seems crazy tho i wont pretend to fully understand

Seems crazy but I'm not really grasping the link between bribery and slavery

Follow the link above, it gives the full statement. It reads to me that they believe Downing LLP are trying to run the club into the ground so they can develop the ground. So Staines have tried to purchase land elsewhere (wheatsheaf park) and setup a new club which has been blocked. It looks like they are trying to gain assistance in this new club setup and using the slavery to grab attention
That's how I read it anyway

QuoteSTFC believes that the strategy of Downing LLP, (who seem to have proven via its investment holdings in a business that was found guilty of the bribery and corruption of FIFA officials, that they have no regard whatsoever for a community football club or for the greater good of football), is to execute the purposeful and controlled decline of STFC and thus realise the land value at Wheatsheaf Park through development. We have spent vast amounts of our own external capital, with almost no operating income at the Club, to secure the future of STFC through the purchase of the freehold at Wheatsheaf Park, which has thus far been blocked at every turn.

We are also obligated to comply with the legislative position within the provisions and stipulations of Section 54 of The Modern Slavery Act 2015 and as a result, we must reiterate, that until the necessary government and institutional investigations have proven beyond reasonable doubt that Downing LLP is not funding modern slavery, and that STFC, its business and supply chains, are free from human trafficking and slavery, we must temporarily suspend our primary operations until the conclusion of this process, which we expect to be treated as a matter of absolute urgency.
Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Spotlight last night about a sham/scam fertility and wellbeing centre in the Lisburn Road.

Genuinely unbelievable stuff.

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on March 30, 2022, 11:33:07 AM
Spotlight last night about a sham/scam fertility and wellbeing centre in the Lisburn Road.

Exploiting desperate couples who are in a horrible situation. Didn't see it all but am I right in saying she's not even a doctor?

gallsman

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 30, 2022, 11:35:06 AM

Exploiting desperate couples who are in a horrible situation. Didn't see it all but am I right in saying she's not even a doctor?

Of course she's not a doctor. Talks about treating people "medically" and "clinically" though. Says she trained five hours (or was it five miles? She couldn't remember) outside Boston and also in Belize.

Unlicensed prescriptions, sham treatments, the works. Couples paying thousands at a time.

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on March 30, 2022, 11:50:02 AM

Of course she's not a doctor. Talks about treating people "medically" and "clinically" though. Says she trained five hours (or was it five miles? She couldn't remember) outside Boston and also in Belize.

Unlicensed prescriptions, sham treatments, the works. Couples paying thousands at a time.

Unreal, but the bit I don't get is how she was able to get her hands on these powerful steroids and the likes.

Surely there's controls around who can supply and who can buy them.

Missed the end, did they delve further into that.

gallsman

Quote from: johnnycool on March 30, 2022, 12:00:15 PM

Unreal, but the bit I don't get is how she was able to get her hands on these powerful steroids and the likes.

Surely there's controls around who can supply and who can buy them.

Missed the end, did they delve further into that.

She was a franchisee/licensee of another dodgy (but licensed) new-age, social media doctor twat in England who was providing them with blank scripts, who subsequently broke ties with them after the same whistleblowers approached him.

Certainly dangerous and unethical but potentially somehow not illegal.

You'd hope that's the ruining of her but she probably has enough fans and followers who'll believe anything.

imtommygunn

I think I know someone who went through this :( I definitely had a long conversation with someone about here a few years ago. I never had a follow up but I hope they didn't go.

Scumbags.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2022, 12:28:48 PM

I think I know someone who went through this :( I definitely had a long conversation with someone about here a few years ago. I never had a follow up but I hope they didn't go.

Scumbags.

I know someone who just stopped going last month, who paid approx £10k to this place 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

>:(

That's horrendous. It's not just the money it's the vulnerability of people they are exploiting is probably worse. Scumbags.

tbrick18

It was absolutely scandalous what she is doing. The "clinic" is Logan Wellbeing.
https://www.facebook.com/LoganWellbeingAndMedical

Undercover patients had video footage of her talking about her "training". Also she was performing abdominal checks with her hands and was able to tell the health of the woman's ovaries/tubes etc just by touch.

Convinced a 50 year old woman who had gone through menopause she could get her pregnant.

Performing IV procedures with drugs she is not licensed to administer and can be potentially dangerous.

This is the woman who runs it:
https://www.facebook.com/ruthellen.logan

Should be shut down and sued IMO.

I know people who have been desperate to have children and would have done anything for a chance. This woman has preyed on their desperation for profit. She's even signed requests for drugs as a "Doctor", even though she isnt.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 28, 2022, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 28, 2022, 10:29:45 PM

More fool whoever paid for it.

This. I'm bored of it. She went into a 5 star hotel, took a menu, selected her food, ate it, paid for it then put up the bill on Twitter. If it was too expensive she could have gone to 10 places within a five minute walk

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: balladmaker on March 28, 2022, 06:46:11 PM
All staged by the looks of it, the slap looked pretty fake to me.  There must have been 20 cameras trained on the stage, yet only one angle of it has been released.  As to why the Oscars would allow something like that to be staged, I've no idea.
What reason do either of them have to go along with it?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 30, 2022, 10:57:41 PM
All staged by the looks of it, the slap looked pretty fake to me.  There must have been 20 cameras trained on the stage, yet only one angle of it has been released.  As to why the Oscars would allow something like that to be staged, I've no idea.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0330/1289232-chris-rock-will-smith-oscars-academy-awards/

Chris Rock ticket sales increase 'dramatically' after Oscars incident

Hound

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 30, 2022, 10:57:41 PM

You'd have to be a Jim Corr type conspiracy theorist loon to think this was staged, but there are a few of those about!

The joke was in bad taste, given it went after someone with a medical condition. But Gervais had probably set a precedent that everyone in attendance is fair game. Will Smith handled it badly (like an Armagh man reacts to provocation - judging by the comments in the NFL1 thread!) and it will undoubtedly negatively impact his career - and never a good sign when your PR team makes you put out a second apology after a poor first effort!  Whereas Rock handled it very well, and it'll do his career no harm at all.