Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

The Many Faces of US Politics thread on this site and the same three lads who go ding dust at each other on a near-daily basis. WTF?

clarshack

Wildweasel74

I brought up that issue on the US politics thread, nearly about time it was locked, its a rant and rave session between a few parties. Admins need have a hard look at it.

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 24, 2022, 11:13:55 PM
I brought up that issue on the US politics thread, nearly about time it was locked, its a rant and rave session between a few parties. Admins need have a hard look at it.
if it bugs you so much why do you look at it ? SMH

Average Score

Quote from: The Trap on March 24, 2022, 01:43:56 PM
Buying tickets for GAA clubs which I do every time I am asked........seeing all of the social media etc that goes into selling them.....and in most cases never a word about the result or who wins the prize! Surely they could put it up on the same social media channels that they promoted the tickets on......just a thought to all clubs promoting fundraising.......

3 been at my door in last 2 weeks, 20 notes a ticket and as you say never a mention of who wins, slide on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2022, 01:00:29 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 24, 2022, 11:13:55 PM
if it bugs you so much why do you look at it ? SMH

I think like a lot of posters they are semi curious on the workings of the us political parties and their actions during the year and what they have to offer to the world, but if we were to base the American people or politics on the crap that you and the rest serve up then America isn't as 'cool' a place as some think..

It sounds like a real nasty place to live, its funny watching Irish ones become so involved in American politics when a good lot of people left Ireland because of our own political failings.

It defo is a popcorn thread at times
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Is it bollocks - it's a broken record...

Rudi

Just seen an image of a starving kid from war torn Yemen, on his mothers lap. Bones pro-truding  all over his tiny body. I'm sure he's not the only starving kid in the world. These scenes will be replicated all over mainly third world countries, perhaps even in our own island.
Its wrong though & I can't but feel, huge empathy for peoples plight & struggles, particularly babies / young kids. But what can I do? Has anyone on here done something tangible to help people like this & I don't mean pegging a tenner into a trocaire box.
I look at my own kids, they want for nothing in terms of material goods, food & emotional support, yet they seem very ungrateful, I suppose everything is relative.
We turn a blind eye to the struggles of people in the world, just to stay ahead, its wrong. I believe in some sort of God, I'm not looking forward to meeting him, can't bluff him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on March 25, 2022, 09:35:55 AM
Just seen an image of a starving kid from war torn Yemen, on his mothers lap. Bones pro-truding  all over his tiny body. I'm sure he's not the only starving kid in the world. These scenes will be replicated all over mainly third world countries, perhaps even in our own island.
Its wrong though & I can't but feel, huge empathy for peoples plight & struggles, particularly babies / young kids. But what can I do? Has anyone on here done something tangible to help people like this & I don't mean pegging a tenner into a trocaire box.
I look at my own kids, they want for nothing in terms of material goods, food & emotional support, yet they seem very ungrateful, I suppose everything is relative.
We turn a blind eye to the struggles of people in the world, just to stay ahead, its wrong. I believe in some sort of God, I'm not looking forward to meeting him, can't bluff him.

So what is the answer? We are concerned first and foremost with our own family, their needs and development is our primary function, and while our kids seem ungrateful at times that's just the the generation we live in, and there is no one to blame but ourselves for giving them as much as we can.

What's going on in the world and not just in Yemen is rotten, but trying to impose the right attitudes is these countries is the reason why they are in this state in the first place, the internal wars (those not brought on by outsiders) are a result of trying to 'fix' or control a country.

The only way forward is education and instead of producing arms countries should be producing better farming, education for all, towns rather than slums, decent housing and running water, hospitals with free emergency health care. The basics that we in a civilised world take for granted.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Average Score

But it is ok to take over towns for the 12th and 13th and put the taigs in their place.

Olly

The Eastwood leader of the SDLP and his stylish white spot in his beard. Someone should tell him to stop it.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Wildweasel74

The Republic love in with the Royal Family. Never seen so many happy people on Prince Charles visit down south. Its always been like this, I compare it to the reception in Cookstown the other day, on his visit, not sure if there any Sinn Fein or SDLP present at the visit but there were def no Catholic maintained school pupils out waving the wee union Jack's for his arrival. I just find it very strange the different attitudes to the Royal Family between North and South.