Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: armaghniac on September 07, 2016, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2016, 10:49:21 AM
Jail the b**tards.  Awful craic @ a match

This is the proper course. It would be helpful if judges would also restrict such person from entering a GAA ground for a period of 5 years or whatever.
I always find it funny when somebody says that such incidents are "unfortunate". What part does fortune play in it?

AZOffaly

Unfortunate in that they'll have to deal with it.

theskull1

Can't discount the possibility of the perpertrator having a mental illness, so lets go easy on him
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

laoislad

Quote from: theskull1 on September 07, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
Can't discount the possibility of the perpertrator having a mental illness, so lets go easy on him
I fully believe they were actually soccer club members pretending to be GAA members.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2016, 11:38:08 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 07, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
I fully believe they were actually soccer club members pretending to be GAA members.

Good point. Especially in Sligo.

Boycey

If I'm reading it right it seems to be supporters of the winning team Who were trying to get at referee..

Refereeing is an impossible task when even the winners are trying to get at you :o

LeoMc

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 07, 2016, 11:19:45 AM

This is the proper course. It would be helpful if judges would also restrict such person from entering a GAA ground for a period of 5 years or whatever.
I always find it funny when somebody says that such incidents are "unfortunate". What part does fortune play in it?
Ah now, you regularly here the oul "he was lucky he didn't get the head carried off him"

Esmarelda

Quote from: LeoMc on September 07, 2016, 12:13:01 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 07, 2016, 11:19:45 AM

Ah now, you regularly here the oul "he was lucky he didn't get the head carried off him"
That's different. That usually suggests that recipient was actually fortunate it didn't happen (in the case of, say an accident) or he deserved to get the head taken off  him but the aggressor held back.

In this case, where a serious assault happened against a seemingly innocent person, I don't see how the event is unfortunate. It was deliberate and fortune played no part.

muppet

It is all well and good demanding justice from the courts, but we all know that the club will see loyalty to their own thugs as being above any loyalty to the game, or to the wider society. Often we see a 'no one saw who it was' stance in these situations.

Either the club involved hands over the perpetrators...

or

a) the result is overturned (I am assuming that, as mentioned above, it was the winning team who were involved - if not disregard) and that minor team is thrown out of this year's competition;
b) ALL club fixtures from minor up to senior to be forfeited indefinitely until the safety of officials dealing with this club and its supporters can be guaranteed - at a minimum the thugs turn themselves in;

Yes there will be many ordinary decent members of that club who will feel it had nothing to do with them. But it had nothing to do with the victim either. The ordinary decent members should be banging tables demanding that action is taken against those who disgraced their club.

Quote"These incidents are very rare, even in the GAA in general. It's not publicity we would like to see coming our way. It's very unfortunate that it did happen.

I know it happened shortly after the final whistle. I believe there was some altercation, some row; an exchange of views as you often as you often get."

The language in bold above is not a good start. In fact it is a very bad start.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Not very wise if you're trying to build relationships with the natives. In fact you're going to piss a lot of people off.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-37294349
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

LeoMc

Quote from: foxcommander on September 07, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
Not very wise if you're trying to build relationships with the natives. In fact you're going to piss a lot of people off.

So Muslim women should strip off to fit in on the north coast? You need as many layers as possible in that water.

foxcommander

Quote from: LeoMc on September 07, 2016, 09:29:22 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 07, 2016, 07:10:15 PM

So Muslim women should strip off to fit in on the north coast? You need as many layers as possible in that water.

You're joking surely. It's like the Costa Del Sol up there.

By all means wear what you like at the beach but there's no need to tip off the media to make a point.

foxcommander