Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 08, 2016, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 07, 2016, 04:30:11 PM
I thought the same as you when I read the headline.

Then I read the report. It strongly suggests something different to simply shooting cows for banks.

It suggests to me that the farmer was hounding representatives of the bank when they tried to remove cattle of repossessed land. I don't know how that develops into, "Lets shoot them" let alone getting the army to carry it out.

Yip.

There is also this:

"He alleges that gate chains were repeatedly cut allowing cattle onto roads endangering the local community."

and this...

"it was carried out by trained army personnel in the interests of the animals, public safety, and to prevent the spread of TB in local livestock following consultations between himself, Department of Agriculture officials, An Garda Síochána and the Defence Forces."

Then this summarises the situation:

"As Official Assignee I have a duty to recover value from assets of bankruptcy estates and it is clearly not in my interests to kill cattle, nor would I do it, without firstly having exhausted every other possible avenue open to me to resolve the problem".

So in conclusion, at least according to the above, we are a long way from the banks blindly sending in the army to shoot cows.
MWWSI 2017

TabClear

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 10:22:48 AM

Then I read the report. It strongly suggests something different to simply shooting cows for banks.

It suggests to me that the farmer was hounding representatives of the bank when they tried to remove cattle of repossessed land. I don't know how that develops into, "Lets shoot them" let alone getting the army to carry it out.

Yip.

There is also this:

"He alleges that gate chains were repeatedly cut allowing cattle onto roads endangering the local community."

and this...

"it was carried out by trained army personnel in the interests of the animals, public safety, and to prevent the spread of TB in local livestock following consultations between himself, Department of Agriculture officials, An Garda Síochána and the Defence Forces."

"As Official Assignee I have a duty to recover value from assets of bankruptcy estates and it is clearly not in my interests to kill cattle, nor would I do it, without firstly having exhausted every other possible avenue open to me to resolve the problem".

So in conclusion, at least according to the above, we are a long way from the banks blindly sending in the army to shoot cows.

One case of foot and mouth in England and it will be open season for any moos in the border area.  The DUP will be telling anyone that will listen that their cows are irish and fully supportive of open borders and freedom of  movement.

muppet

Quote from: TabClear on July 08, 2016, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 10:22:48 AM

Yip.

There is also this:

and this...

One case of foot and mouth in England and it will be open season for any moos in the border area.  The DUP will be telling anyone that will listen that their cows are irish and fully supportive of open borders and freedom of  movement.

It always comes down to money.
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2016, 04:34:12 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/massive-surge-in-support-for-fianna-f%C3%A1il-poll-shows-1.2712814

Would expect MM to shortly pull the plug on the government before EK is shown the door and the "bounce" of a new FG leader. Some trumped up issue found to do so. State needs a strong leader post Brexit and MM will say he is it. These opportunities don't come around too often.

Would say Bertie, CJH, Lynch, Lemass, deValera etc would have struck by now.

GE in October/ November imo.

Declan

seafoid

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7af1f348-442b-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1.html

China's richest man is backing plans to launch a rival to the Uefa Champions League, pushing for European leagues and clubs to join a new competition that would redraw the power structure and finances at the top of the sport.

Dalian Wanda Group, the property and entertainment conglomerate run by billionaire Wang Jianlin, said it is in talks with the game's power brokers across the continent to create a breakaway tournament to Europe's most prestigious club competition.

Wanda is promising more places for the sport's heavyweight teams and a steep increase in broadcasting rights revenues

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2016, 01:29:06 PM

China's richest man is backing plans to launch a rival to the Uefa Champions League, pushing for European leagues and clubs to join a new competition that would redraw the power structure and finances at the top of the sport.

Dalian Wanda Group, the property and entertainment conglomerate run by billionaire Wang Jianlin, said it is in talks with the game's power brokers across the continent to create a breakaway tournament to Europe's most prestigious club competition.

Wanda is promising more places for the sport's heavyweight teams and a steep increase in broadcasting rights revenues

Sounds fishy.
MWWSI 2017

laceer

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 02:50:23 PM

Sounds fishy.

There's no plaice for characters like this in the game.

laoislad

Quote from: laceer on July 08, 2016, 03:07:17 PM

Sounds fishy.

You're codding?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on July 08, 2016, 03:30:20 PM

Sounds fishy.

You're codding?

He has a reputation as a real shark in business. ..

muppet

Quote from: TabClear on July 08, 2016, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 08, 2016, 03:30:20 PM

Sounds fishy.

You're codding?

He has a reputation as a real shark in business. ..

That's just carp!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2016, 01:20:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikKHSJnidn8

Minnesota Rodeo Bull Knockerball

I always did wonder where the Dubs got the idea for Eoin O'Gara.

seafoid

Theresa May promises to make Brexit a success
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU