Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 17, 2015, 02:58:45 PM
The bottom line is that we have no way of knowing. It seems improbable, but the people who knew what happened kept schtum and they are all dead now. At this remove it may seem like a curiosity, but the misery for the Griffin family was all too real.

What was this then D?

They had no body to bury and there were people in their midst who knew where it was. I wouldn't visit such a fate on my worst enemy.

NAG1

Quote from: deiseach on September 17, 2015, 03:08:35 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 17, 2015, 02:58:45 PM
The bottom line is that we have no way of knowing. It seems improbable, but the people who knew what happened kept schtum and they are all dead now. At this remove it may seem like a curiosity, but the misery for the Griffin family was all too real.

What was this then D?

They had no body to bury and there were people in their midst who knew where it was. I wouldn't visit such a fate on my worst enemy.

Apologies I thought you meant the owners of the bar and not the family of the man there, misread - couldnt agree more!

gallsman

Taffin. Anyone who's seen it will understand.

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2015, 03:10:09 PM
Apologies I thought you meant the owners of the bar and not the family of the man there, misread - couldnt agree more!

No worries, I'm genuinely relieved to see I'm not being overwrought about this.

macdanger2

Quote from: Bingo on September 17, 2015, 02:25:13 PM
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-missing-postman-26713401.html

Great read at lunchtime this and something I never heard of. Maybe some of the Waterford posters would have heard of it.

Seems amazing that the truth never came out and how the Garda investigated the matter. Great reflection of Irish rural life at the time involving a lot of the main pillars of society at the time.

I think the TG4 documentary, Scannal, covered this, very interesting. I think they did an episode on the one in Marlhill, Tipp also

Declan

QuoteThe Fox has bought the henhouse.

Unreal

NAG1

JoG2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 21, 2015, 03:39:07 AM
David Cameron :o

Who knew!!

dirty brut. Apparently there's an orange order initiation were you have to ride* a pig bareback in a darkened room. Whats the matter with these people?

* not intercourse (as far as I know)

AZOffaly

HiMucker

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach