Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 10:10:29 AM
Human experiments were conducted by the United States in Guatemala from 1946 to 1948 to find a cure for syphilis and gonorrhea. The United States formally apologized to Guatemala in 2010.
I assume you mean clinical trials without consent?
They were carrying those out on Americans up to 1972.

JoG2

As a proud beard man (15+ years)...I'm sick of the sight of these feckin hipster fashion beards. This fad has to die out soon surely?

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2014, 07:04:21 PM
As a proud beard man (15+ years)...I'm sick of the sight of these feckin hipster fashion beards. This fad has to die out soon surely?
I thought the same about men using man bags and worse again man scarves.
I was in Cafe en Seine on Dawson street last Saturday night and the amount of gimps wearing man scarves indoors was unreal...
Bad enough wearing them outside... but inside..in a bar..all night??
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Laoislad, admit that you wear your tool belt down in the Temple Bar just to impress the girls

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2014, 07:13:43 PM
I was in Cafe en Seine on Dawson street last Saturday night

That's where you went wrong.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Quote from: armaghniac on December 18, 2014, 09:51:21 PM

It was the only place still serving drink(apart from Bruxelles which had a massive queue) at that time of night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2014, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 18, 2014, 09:51:21 PM

It was the only place still serving drink(apart from Bruxelles which had a massive queue) at that time of night.

House?
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2014, 07:04:21 PM
I thought the same about men using man bags and worse again man scarves.
I was in Cafe en Seine on Dawson street last Saturday night and the amount of gimps wearing man scarves indoors was unreal...
Bad enough wearing them outside... but inside..in a bar..all night??

Half the hooers probably with fashion beards on the go

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/03/victims-britains-harsh-welfare-sanctions

We know that David Clapson was actively searching for work when he died because a pile of CVs he had just printed out was found a few metres from his body. The last time he spoke to his sister, a few days before he died, he told her he was waiting to hear back about an application he had made to the supermarket chain Lidl.But officials at the Jobcentre believed he was not taking his search for work seriously enough, and early last July, they sanctioned him – cutting off his benefit payments entirely, as a punishment for his failure to attend two appointments.
Clapson, 59, who had diabetes, died in his flat in Stevenage on 20 July 2013, from diabetic ketoacidosis (caused by an acute lack of insulin). When Gill Thompson, his younger sister, discovered his body, she found his electricity had been cut off (meaning that the fridge where he kept his insulin was no longer working). There was very little left to eat in the flat – six tea bags, an out-of-date tin of sardines and a can of tomato soup. His pay-as-you-go mobile phone had just 5p credit left on it and he had only £3.44 in his bank account. The autopsy notes reveal that his stomach was empty.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 30, 2014, 12:44:48 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/03/victims-britains-harsh-welfare-sanctions

We know that David Clapson was actively searching for work when he died because a pile of CVs he had just printed out was found a few metres from his body. The last time he spoke to his sister, a few days before he died, he told her he was waiting to hear back about an application he had made to the supermarket chain Lidl.But officials at the Jobcentre believed he was not taking his search for work seriously enough, and early last July, they sanctioned him – cutting off his benefit payments entirely, as a punishment for his failure to attend two appointments.
Clapson, 59, who had diabetes, died in his flat in Stevenage on 20 July 2013, from diabetic ketoacidosis (caused by an acute lack of insulin). When Gill Thompson, his younger sister, discovered his body, she found his electricity had been cut off (meaning that the fridge where he kept his insulin was no longer working). There was very little left to eat in the flat – six tea bags, an out-of-date tin of sardines and a can of tomato soup. His pay-as-you-go mobile phone had just 5p credit left on it and he had only £3.44 in his bank account. The autopsy notes reveal that his stomach was empty.

Some people can take in a couple of weeks holiday in Cathar country during the summer and then ski the alps on Christmas day and this man dies with  £3.44 in his bank account .

Some peoples idea of being frugal is spending E150 for a case of Bordeaux instead of buying Chateau de Fonbel by the bottle. For this man it  boils down to eating out of date sardines and a can of tomato soup. 

The inequality is quite jarring.