Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/go-frozen-doll-frenzy-sees-4673151 this kinda nonsense is what sickens me about Christmas.

Then staying its what the child wants. The child is going to play with for few minutes before playing with the next toy and the next.....

macdanger2

12 year old boy shot by the cops in Cleveland. Terrible stuff

Hereiam

Heard the police refer to him as "a young man" it was a f**king child that was shot.

NAG1

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawyer-says-rookie-cleveland-cop-shot-killed-12-year-old-tamir-rice-with-fake-gun/

Take a look at that gun and tell me does it look fake?

What was a 12 year old doing with such a thing in his hand?

Not in any way condoning the shooting of this child or any other child, but there are circumstances which need to be understood before we can go jumping off the deep end.

When police are armed and given the right to shoot people in their job these incidents as tragic as they are, are inevitable.

macdanger2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 25, 2014, 10:03:28 AM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawyer-says-rookie-cleveland-cop-shot-killed-12-year-old-tamir-rice-with-fake-gun/

Not in any way condoning the shooting of this child or any other child, but there are circumstances which need to be understood before we can go jumping off the deep end.

When police are armed and given the right to shoot people in their job these incidents as tragic as they are, are inevitable.

The reason the child had it was cos it's a toy although it probably shouldn't even be on the shelves, something like that wouldn't be legal here.

Apparently the 911 caller had said the gun was "probably fake". Could they not have shot him in the shoulder? Or fireda warning shot or something??

NAG1

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 25, 2014, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 25, 2014, 10:03:28 AM

The reason the child had it was cos it's a toy although it probably shouldn't even be on the shelves, something like that wouldn't be legal here.

Apparently the 911 caller had said the gun was "probably fake". Could they not have shot him in the shoulder? Or fireda warning shot or something??

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but the protocol for police in these types of situation I am fairly sure does not involve warning shots.
The gun is supposed to have a bright orange safety clip on it that makes it stand out to be a 'Toy' this was removed. I also read that (open to correction) that the child was tall for his age like 5'11 or something, so police would not have automatically assumed they were dealing with one so young.

So when you start adding these factors all together it paints a different picture than, police killed child for no apparent reason.

It is a messed up situation in a country with serious issues when it comes to gun culture.

Ethan Tremblay

After studying american politics the guts of 10 years ago I came to the conclusion that following a law from the 1700's, ie, the right to bear arms, is one of the main reasons why america has so much violence and a rampant gun culture. 

I'm not saying that guns wouldn't have found their way into society if that particular law was abolished, but certainly incidents like this may not have happened. 

An example, imagine walking down the street where you live and you see a twelve year old have what looks like a genuine handgun.  Would you be inclined to think it is real? Probably not, we live in a country were guns aren't as common, and children walking about with them even less so. 

America will never change their constitution, guns will always be freely available, and the chances of a child getting their hands on a gun are more likely than not, that's the truley fucked up thing! 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 25, 2014, 12:07:32 PM
After studying american politics the guts of 10 years ago I came to the conclusion that following a law from the 1700's, ie, the right to bear arms, is one of the main reasons why america has so much violence and a rampant gun culture. 

I'm not saying that guns wouldn't have found their way into society if that particular law was abolished, but certainly incidents like this may not have happened. 

An example, imagine walking down the street where you live and you see a twelve year old have what looks like a genuine handgun.  Would you be inclined to think it is real? Probably not, we live in a country were guns aren't as common, and children walking about with them even less so. 

America will never change their constitution, guns will always be freely available, and the chances of a child getting their hands on a gun are more likely than not, that's the truley fucked up thing!

It took you 10 years to arrive at that conclusion? :) 10 minutes on the NRA website would do that for you.

muppet

Anyone who remotely justifies any angle whereby a 12 year old boy is shot because he was playing with a toy gun needs to look at themselves seriously. I don't care what it looked like.

Watch this and tell me what sort of policing we are looking at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-3TKp90vg&spfreload=10
MWWSI 2017

Ethan Tremblay

A knobhead like this trying to stir the bucket for no reason in a place where it is none of his concern. 

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=228301

People like him must sit in the office and think, what will I complain about today!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 25, 2014, 02:09:36 PM

It took you 10 years to arrive at that conclusion? :) 10 minutes on the NRA website would do that for you.

It took you 10 minutes to arrive at that conclusion? :)
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

It's because the US is a settler country that was settled violently.
The natives had to be dispossessed and they were dispossessed at gunpoint.
To decide who owned the land afterwards, guns were used.

If you look at murder stats by country the highest tend to be in the Americas.
That is where colonialism was most violent for longest.
Honduras is the worst. A small white elite and a dispossessed mestizo underclass.

Mexico isn't much better.

The US also has the highest percentage of population incarcerated.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2014, 05:38:26 PM

No wonder there is an American museum in Tyrone, they have a lot in common.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mike Sheehy

Honduras is the worst. A small white elite and a dispossessed mestizo underclass.

blah, blah , I hate the US
blah, blah, I hate Americans

blah, blah...no, really..I'm not a xenophobe, what gave you that impression ?

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 28, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

blah, blah , I hate the US
blah, blah, I hate Americans

blah, blah...no, really..I'm not a xenophobe, what gave you that impression ?
Tell us about why the Yanks have so many guns when you get a minute.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU