Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

A man in his 60's was killed trying to cross the 3 lane N7 Naas road tonight.One of the busiest roads in Ireland.
I passed it this evening going the other direction and I saw one of the cars involved had a massive hole in it's windscreen.
Huge tailbacks coming out of Dublin because of it,worst I have seen in ages.I believe it stretched all the way back to the canal.

No one of right mind would attempt to cross such a road so it's likely this guy who was killed was unwell and not in a right frame of mind.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

I saw a guy do the same thing about 7 am on Tuesday morning. Held up a mobile phone for light and away with him. Mad stuff.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/25/vigilante-paedophile-hunters-online-police

Vigilante paedophile hunters ruining lives with internet stings

Police say the actions of the vigilantes can be damaging to abuse victims as well as innocent people wrongly suspected

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2013/oct/25/vigilante-paedophile-hunters-video
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on October 25, 2013, 10:38:57 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/25/vigilante-paedophile-hunters-online-police

Police say the actions of the vigilantes can be damaging to abuse victims as well as innocent people wrongly suspected

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2013/oct/25/vigilante-paedophile-hunters-video
Jesus! Catch a Predator was horrendous and this is even worse. I have to ask the obvious question - Why the hell aren't these vigilantes being prosecuted? If it's legal to do what they're doing then it's basically okay to ruin an innocent person's life if you choose to do so.

Police in America conducted some stings where they posed as parents willing to sell their 8 and 9 year old children for sex, and I'd have much less of a problem with that kind of sting. I'm not sure how useful it is though, since most abuse is committed by people known to the victims. Still, you'd have to say fair enough.  But this sh!t of posing as a willing 15 year old to destroy someone's life and wrongly label them a paedophile is appalling.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on October 25, 2013, 10:38:57 PM

Yobs pretending to be Dirty Harry.

One of the worst aspects is that in the rare event that they actually do trap a pedophile, it often hampers the police from gathering evidence. "the tactic of posting the videos online before approaching the police allows genuine criminals time to destroy evidence."

Stupid twats, if they want to catch criminals join the police. I suspect there is a reason they aren't in the police.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Leaving pipe bombs at GAA clubs and a primary school and receiving 100 hours community service instead of being locked up.  >:(

Feckitt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 26, 2013, 01:54:32 PM
Leaving pipe bombs at GAA clubs and a primary school and receiving 100 hours community servoce instead of being locked up.  >:(

Hun-believable.

On the news last night they were reporting about the sc**bag in Chicago who attacked Natasha McShane is likely to get 120 years in prison (good enough for him)

But then the very next story was about some young druggy fella in the North who stabbed a fella in the neck killing him, and he will be out in 3 years.  The parents of the boy who was killed were saying that the funeral payment plan will last longer than the sentence, and that the young mans daughter will only be 6 years old when the guy who murdered her dad gets out of prison.

It is very hard to understand why unduly lenient sentences are handed out in this country. North and South.

muppet

Quote from: Feckitt on October 26, 2013, 02:08:44 PM
Leaving pipe bombs at GAA clubs and a primary school and receiving 100 hours community servoce instead of being locked up.  >:(

Hun-believable.

On the news last night they were reporting about the sc**bag in Chicago who attacked Natasha McShane is likely to get 120 years in prison (good enough for him)

But then the very next story was about some young druggy fella in the North who stabbed a fella in the neck killing him, and he will be out in 3 years.  The parents of the boy who was killed were saying that the funeral payment plan will last longer than the sentence, and that the young mans daughter will only be 6 years old when the guy who murdered her dad gets out of prison.

It is very hard to understand why unduly lenient sentences are handed out in this country. North and South.

It is simply money. It costs too much to keep the scum locked up so they stupidly let them out. That is how you get the two children sexually assaulted in Athlone by someone who should never have been let out.
MWWSI 2017

RealSpiritof98

The fact that Jonny Evans is playing Centre Half for Man Utd........... Holy F*ck

GAA_Talk

Hun-believable.

It is actually ridiculous the the jail terms that are handed out over here for convictions. Even in England you can go to prison for punching someone on the street. Yet over here people get handed out 'life sentences' of 15 years (out in seven) for murder. How do they justify it?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: GAA_Talk on October 26, 2013, 03:37:32 PM

Hun-believable.

It is actually ridiculous the the jail terms that are handed out over here for convictions. Even in England you can go to prison for punching someone on the street. Yet over here people get handed out 'life sentences' of 15 years (out in seven) for murder. How do they justify it?
Some of the judges seem to work on the basis that people like that tr**p in Ahoghill are victims of the Troubles too and dispense "justice" accordingly.

ballinaman

Cutting water in Dublin tonight from 6pm until 7am on Halloween night.....Fire Brigade are going to be under pressure tonight!

Hereiam

Bank staff pestering you every time that you go in about life insurance, home insurance etc etc. Just talk about the weather give me my money and shut the f**k up.
Also the fact that you have to order money if its over £1000. What the hell is that all about. Your a bank, a bank is supposed to have money, simple. Things are not right at all.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on October 31, 2013, 11:38:18 AM
Cutting water in Dublin tonight from 6pm until 7am on Halloween night.....Fire Brigade are going to be under pressure tonight!

Not strictly true, reduced flow is more like it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me