Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Canalman on June 14, 2013, 01:13:50 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 14, 2013, 01:00:55 PM
Its a good spot for families who like the outdoor lifestyle and don't to play slots or want their kids to play them either ... so its not for everyone

Fair enough. Tbh I was comparing it to some of the beaches on the Dingle peninsula,Connemara or North Donegal and it was never going to come out well.
Didn't mean to slag it off but just saying I was "disappointed" by Rossnowlagh given I had heard so much about it beforehand.

Imvho of course.

There's more rugged beauty in those areas I'd agree. The fact Rossnowlagh is easier got to from the large conurbations up north is a big factor coupled by the fact the beach is safe (tide wise) for kids (last weekends car park is not the norm) and is good pushing prams/riding bikes/jogging/walking it ticks a lot of boxes that some of those other places can't. Hence why a lot of people go to it.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

HiMucker

Quote from: Canalman on June 14, 2013, 01:13:50 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 14, 2013, 01:00:55 PM
Its a good spot for families who like the outdoor lifestyle and don't to play slots or want their kids to play them either ... so its not for everyone

Fair enough. Tbh I was comparing it to some of the beaches on the Dingle peninsula,Connemara or North Donegal and it was never going to come out well.
Didn't mean to slag it off but just saying I was "disappointed" by Rossnowlagh given I had heard so much about it beforehand.

Imvho of course.
I tend to agree with you lad.  It is great for the surfing and I have been there a pile of times.  But know plenty of different spots in Donegal close enough to Derry that would have more of a whow factor for your "yanky" visitors and that.
Was down in Five finger Strand between Malin and Malin head over the weekend.  Hardly anybody about (probably cos its in the middle of no where), but beautiful spot.  Was years since I was last there, and its only half hour drive away.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

Gareth Bale applies to copyright loveheart goal celebration

Have you ever longed for a whip with Gareth Bale's 'heart' celebration emblazoned on the handle? A brolly perhaps, or a walking stick? Well, your dreams could soon come true.

The goal-happy Spurs winger has applied to copyright his goal celebration, filing a trademark application with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).

According to the application, Bale wants to use the 'Heart 11' symbol on metallic and leather products including shoes, hats, umbrellas, travel bags, jewellery and, erm, whips.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omagh_gael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23061277

This sounds like something from Salt Lake City. Capacity for 3000 worshipers? That would be a good venue for a Nathan Carter concert!

NAG1

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 27, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

This sounds like something from Salt Lake City. Capacity for 3000 worshipers? That would be a good venue for a Nathan Carter concert!

I would be more concerned that they were able to buy a piece of land inside the Ballymena town boundaries for £4m when it was recently valued before that at £75m, even taking into account the melt down that is a serious bargain. Wonder who signed if off and who the planners are and what church they attend etc

Also a bit of digging into the 'Pastor' would make for an interesting story.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2013, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 27, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

I would be more concerned that they were able to buy a piece of land inside the Ballymena town boundaries for £4m when it was recently valued before that at £75m, even taking into account the melt down that is a serious bargain. Wonder who signed if off and who the planners are and what church they attend etc

Also a bit of digging into the 'Pastor' would make for an interesting story.

The Green Pastures church was founded in 2007 by Pastor Jeff Wright, a member of the Ballymena bus-building family.

Is it true that at Wright bus they start the day with a communal prayer?

Jeepers Creepers

Lots of 6 toe'd people in the offing..... This story gives me a chill, like that M Night Shyamalan film the Village

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

illdecide

The Spotlight Show on BBC1 last night about DUP, Red Sky and NIHE...only in N Ireland would that happen
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch