Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on September 11, 2012, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 11, 2012, 10:50:20 AM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-kills-husband-by-mistake-16209389.html

I think I'm going to subscribe to the BT. I went in to have a look at this story and I've never seen so many great headlines in the one place:

•   Prince Harry 'naked for long time'
•   Killer footballer used two knives
•   A Mysterious Lady Wakes Up Dead
•   Irish speaking PSNI officer stuns bigot
and the most far-fetched of all:
•   Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic to win US Open

I'm saving reading about "Irish speaking PSNI officer stuns bigot" as a little treat for myself later on.

Saw these two articles when I clicked the link

• Amish women 'coerced into sex'
  • My year of hell, by man falsely accused of indecency with horse
Testing Accessibility

Bingo

Quote from: Hardy on September 11, 2012, 02:46:44 PM
Why does that not surprise me?

Never was a nightclub more aptly named - Vanity  ;D

Square Ball

dirty feckers that wipe their snatters on the door and walls of the toilet cubicles.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

theskull1

Quote from: Square Ball on September 11, 2012, 04:50:39 PM
dirty feckers that wipe their snatters on the door and walls of the toilet cubicles.

You sure they're snatters?  :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Onion Bag

Quote from: Square Ball on September 11, 2012, 04:50:39 PM

Probably should be on the grind my gears thread!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

laoislad

Yer man on RTE there about living in an apartment in Dublin giving out he was only offered a 3 bed apartment from the council so turned it down because he thinks he deserves a free house because he has 4 kids  ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

joe bloggs

Square Ball

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19683403

New York inmates sue over dental floss
Prison officials say dental floss is banned because it can be used as a weapon Eleven inmates in a suburban New York jail have sued their prison for $500m (£300m) and access to dental floss, saying they are losing their teeth.

In a civil rights lawsuit filed on 10 September, the inmates say they are suffering cavities and pain because they are unable to floss.

Deputy Correction Commissioner Justin Pruyne defended the ban, saying the floss can potentially be used a weapon.

Santiago Gomez, the lead plaintiff, says other jails permit flossing.

The inmates at the Westchester county jail in Valhalla say without floss they develop cavities and bleeding gums, despite brushing their teeth three times a day. They also say they need constant dental work for temporary fillings because they are denied crowns and root canals.

Mr Pruyne said staff were exploring if there were products "which would be appropriate in a custodial situation... maybe some sort of floss that breaks easily" but that "staff and inmate safety come first
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

laoislad

LeoMc

Shamrock Shore

At least it had Longford.

When the official gaa.ie was launched in 1999/2000 to much fanfare there was no 'Longford' in the county list (ok ok ok do your worst)

Instead we had a new county instead called Shannon  >:(

AZOffaly

I'd bet it's a historical search, maybe an ancestory database, or census records or whatever. It's using the nomenclature of the day.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 26, 2012, 10:54:37 AM
At least it had Longford.

When the official gaa.ie was launched in 1999/2000 to much fanfare there was no 'Longford' in the county list (ok ok ok do your worst)

Instead we had a new county instead called Shannon  >:(

I bet that was supposed to be Laythrum - remember as Larry used to warble 'I dreamt of Lovely Laythrum where the Shannon overflows'!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...