Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Prevention is better than cure. You shouldn't have swallowed that fishbone.

Don't mention it.

Hashtag

Quote from: Hardy on March 01, 2012, 03:20:38 PM
Prevention is better than cure. You shouldn't have swallowed that fishbone.

Don't mention it.

Good tip.

What about that fish pie  ;) ;) ;) ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Hashtag on March 01, 2012, 03:07:08 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 01, 2012, 02:38:25 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on March 01, 2012, 01:58:42 PM
I HAVE A FISHBONE STUCK IN MY THROAT.  :'( :'( :o how do I dislodge it. PANICING HERE PEOPLE

I had one stuck there for 2 days last year. It won't kill you but it's really uncomfortable and irritating. Lots of people told me to drink vinegar but it didn't seem to make any difference. I think they usually wear away after a couple of days. It's a right b!tch though. I've avoided fish since.

This will be my last experience with fish, apart from fish pie if you know what I mean  8)

I you do fancy that fish pie and don't want to end up with a bone in your throat I'd recommend you stop going on those trips to Thailand  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hashtag

Quote from: theskull1 on March 01, 2012, 04:34:41 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on March 01, 2012, 03:07:08 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 01, 2012, 02:38:25 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on March 01, 2012, 01:58:42 PM
I HAVE A FISHBONE STUCK IN MY THROAT.  :'( :'( :o how do I dislodge it. PANICING HERE PEOPLE

I had one stuck there for 2 days last year. It won't kill you but it's really uncomfortable and irritating. Lots of people told me to drink vinegar but it didn't seem to make any difference. I think they usually wear away after a couple of days. It's a right b!tch though. I've avoided fish since.

This will be my last experience with fish, apart from fish pie if you know what I mean  8)

I you do fancy that fish pie and don't want to end up with a bone in your throat I'd recommend you stop going on those trips to Thailand  ;)

Skull1 I think you would be more fond of the split Roast than the Fish Pie.

theskull1

DrinkingHarp

Dublin patron saint's heart stolen from Christ Church Cathedral The heart was housed in a wooden box surrounded by an iron cage
The preserved heart of Dublin's patron saint has been stolen from the city's Christ Church Cathedral, officials say.

The thief would have needed metal cutters to prise open the iron bars protecting the wooden heart-shaped box holding St Laurence O'Toole's heart.

Police believe it happened some time between Friday night and about 12.30 GMT on Saturday.

"They specifically targeted this, they wanted the heart of St Laurence O'Toole," a church spokeswoman said.

"It's completely bizarre," she said, adding that valuable gold chalices and gold candlesticks were ignored by the thief.

The heart has been a major pilgrimage site at Christ Church since the medieval period.

'Priceless treasure'

The dean of Christ Church Cathedral and the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, the Rev Dermot Dunne, said he was "devastated" by the theft of the 12th Century relic.

"It has no economic value but it is a priceless treasure that links our present foundation with its founding father, St Laurence O'Toole," he added.

The church received about 40 visitors between 09:30 GMT and 12:30 GMT when the theft was discovered, but church officials said the thief could have hidden in the building overnight.

There were no initial signs of any alarms or break-ins at the cathedral, although one staff member did see a candle alight when they arrived to open the church.

St Laurence O'Toole was born Lorcan Ua Tuathail in Castledermot, Co Kildare, in 1128. He was appointed Archbishop of Dublin after the death of Archbishop Gregory in 1162.

He died in November 1180 in Normandy, France, and was canonised in 1225 because of miracles said to have happened at his tomb.

Each Lent he returned to Glendalough, in Co Wicklow, where he lived in St Kevin's Cell, a sort of cave, for 40 days.

Relic raids

In recent months other relics have been stolen in the Irish Republic.

An ornate container that usually contained a relic of St Brigid was stolen from St Brigid's Church, Killester, north of Dublin, where it was screwed onto the altar.

And in October last year a relic believed to be from the cross on which Jesus was crucified, was stolen from Holycross Abbey, near Thurles.

It was later returned after a police search.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Harold Disgracey

A Sri Lankan man has died while trying to set a record for the longest time spent buried alive, police say.
Janaka Basnayake, 24, is said to have buried himself over the weekend with the help of family and friends in a trench sealed with wood and soil in the town of Kantale, about 137 miles (220km) north of Sri Lanka's capital, Colombo. A local newspaper reported that the trench was three metres deep.
Basnayake was buried at around 9.30am on Saturday. Police said that when he was brought to the surface at 4pm, he was unconscious and was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Dr DG Costa of the Kantale hospital said a postmortem could not determine the cause of death and further medical investigations were being conducted.
Basnayake's mother, LD Leelawathi, said her son had enjoyed performing unusual acts since his childhood – a liking that grew after watching movies, the Lankadeepa newspaper reported.
It quoted her as saying her son had been buried alive on two previous occasions – for two and a half hours and six hours respectively.
It was unclear whether there is an official world record for the longest time buried alive.
Police said Basnayake was a member of the Civil Defence Force, a police unit that fought in the country's 25-year civil war.

theskull1

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 04, 2012, 05:08:38 PM
Dublin patron saint's heart stolen from Christ Church Cathedral The heart was housed in a wooden box surrounded by an iron cage
The preserved heart of Dublin's patron saint has been stolen from the city's Christ Church Cathedral, officials say.

Whos been ruobbing the relics inside these churches?  .....fnarr  :o

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

LeoMc

EagleLord

Ach yer takin the piss with that! Why would a teacher make a kid do that!? Paid leave?? F**king joke!

orangeman

The body of a man whose remains lay undiscovered at his home in Wexford town for three months was found by gardaí on Sunday night.

The alert was raised by a passerby on Lower John Street in the centre of the town who noticed a Christmas tree in the window with the lights still on.

It is thought the 62-year-old man died at Christmas.

The body of the man, who is originally from Britain, was found on the floor in one of the bedrooms in an advanced state of decomposition.

The house was still draped in Christmas decorations and the heating was still on.

The man's identity is not being released until all next-of-kin have been traced and informed.

A post mortem is to be carried out at Waterford Regional Hospital tomorrow.

The man's death is not being treated as suspicious

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity