Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on October 18, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 04:01:22 PM
Ballinaman you can't be posting stories from The Western People here.
Connacht Telegraph actually..... :D

I normally criticise people for spelling the province the other way, but in this case its actually the Connaught Telegaph  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Puckoon

I read this story and watched this video last night and it really got me going. What a **** of a man. Be warned - this might get your blood up.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/

Declan

A Welsh rugby player who suffered a stroke ditched his fiancee after claiming he woke up gay.

Chris Birch (26), has since slimmed down from 19 stone to a lithe 11 stone, retrained as a hairdresser and moved in with a teenage boyfriend.

He now works at J's Hair Salon in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, after giving up his job in a bank.

He was injured during a rugby training session when he attempted a back flip, broke his neck and suffered a stroke.

His parents and girlfriend endured an anxious bedside vigil waiting to discover whether he would recover.

The man who eventually emerged was different in almost every way and found he hated sport and was no longer interested in women. Plans to get married and settle down were dropped as he embarked on a new life as a gay man.

"I was gay when I woke up and I still am," Mr Birch said today, speaking from J's Hair Salon.

He has also detailed the life-changing impact of his stroke in a series of newspapers.

"It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn't interested in women any more," he is reported as saying.

"I had never been attracted to a man before - I'd never even had any gay friends. But I didn't care about who I was before, I had to be true to my feelings.

"Suddenly I hated everything about my old life. I didn't get on with my friends, I hated sport and found my job boring.

"I started to take more pride in my appearance, bleached my hair and started working out. I went from a 19-stone skinhead to an 11-stone preened man."

Former Wales fullback Gareth Thomas came out as gay in December 2009.

Hardy

:D I love the throwaway last line.
Paddie O'Toole from Tullamore had an unusual experience when his hair turned white as a result of being head-butted by a ram.
Joe Murphy, originally from Tullamore, also has white hair.

brokencrossbar1

Maybe he should introduce himself to this "gay" man!!!

Bingo

Not sure where to post this:

Lad i'd know well, went on holidays/weekends away/drank a good bit him. Same age, 35, wee fella the same age as mine - 4.

Has Terminal cancer, stopped treating him about 4 months back. He has got paid out on his Life Assurance so that he has some comfort knowing his mortgage is clear for his wife. Today he is going with his parents to arrange his plot and burial.

He may see christmas but not much after that.

How does he even get outa bed in the morning.  :(

new devil

Thats heartbreaking bingo...And we think we have problems  :(

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on November 11, 2011, 12:00:39 PM
Not sure where to post this:

Lad i'd know well, went on holidays/weekends away/drank a good bit him. Same age, 35, wee fella the same age as mine - 4.

Has Terminal cancer, stopped treating him about 4 months back. He has got paid out on his Life Assurance so that he has some comfort knowing his mortgage is clear for his wife. Today he is going with his parents to arrange his plot and burial.

He may see christmas but not much after that.

How does he even get outa bed in the morning.  :(

That is rough. I'd like to think I'd get out of bed every morning if I had little time left but who knows how I'd react.

Good to hear of a finance outfit doing something nice for once. Might only be something small but it could be a comfort to see with his own eyes the mortgage being cleared for those left behind.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: stew on October 19, 2011, 02:38:55 PM
Stuart McAfee has been identified as the idiot who showed up at Fearon's place of work to have a nice wee cordial chat with our Tone. according to loyalist liars on here he 'just happened to be in the area'.

Is that for real Stew? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bamboo

Bingo,

Is that G McG?

I would have drank with him every weekend for about 3 years  back in the day. Shocking story but not too uncommon round those parts.

ziggysego

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2011, 03:38:24 PM
Stuart McAfee has been identified as the idiot who showed up at Fearon's place of work to have a nice wee cordial chat with our Tone. according to loyalist liars on here he 'just happened to be in the area'.

Is that for real Stew?

I asked Tony himself when I saw this and he said yes.
Testing Accessibility

Bingo

Quote from: bamboo on November 11, 2011, 04:14:19 PM
Bingo,

Is that G McG?

I would have drank with him every weekend for about 3 years  back in the day. Shocking story but not too uncommon round those parts.

It is indeed, I probably had a drink with you myself if that was the case. We'd a poker and race night with him a few weeks back, his spirit is unreal but he not near the man he was which is understandable. He was in Newcastle with us back in February and to think he'd be lucky to see next February is just hard to fathom.

bamboo

I've had a drink with you but i would have had plenty more with you're brother S. It was actually him that told me who you were on here, thats going back near 10 years i think? The spinner was my weekend home for years. Bit far for a grattan to travel but i had plenty of connections in Blayney. there was a gang of us that hardly left the place or a while.

I was going to visit him the last time i was home but really did'nt want to. I've travelled the length of Ireland with him watching the county team and have had some great times with him so i wanted to remember him that day and not the state he is in now. Bit selfish maybe but its the choice i've made.

No idea whatsoever how i'd deal with his situation, it's impossible to even imagine. God bless him.

seafoid

Quote from: ziggysego on November 11, 2011, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2011, 03:38:24 PM

Is that for real Stew?

I asked Tony himself when I saw this and he said yes.
And what happened? and why was he targeted ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU