MPs unite to fight law that will make abortions available in Northern Ireland

Started by Maguire01, July 24, 2008, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the abortion act be extended to Northern Ireland?

Yes
47 (44.8%)
No
58 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 105

RedHand88

By every scientific definition imaginable a foetus is a human life.

...if we found it on Mars, it would be life.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 08:29:48 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 22, 2019, 06:35:04 PM
If someone needs a blood transfusion or organ transplant and you are the only person that is fit to donate, you have to be willing to donate. No doctor has the right to forcibly stick a needle in you or cut you open against your will even if it's to save another life. It is your body, your choice. This is the principle of bodily autonomy. It is not negotiable.

Im with you Eamonn.. no doctor should have the right to end a human life
lucky nobody believes a foetus to be 'human life'.

We did all this last year. You lost resoundingly.

If anyone believes that a foetus is not a human life, there is a lot of unscientific information going around the South

Its a clump of cells. No scientist uses the phrase

omaghjoe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 09:15:38 PM
If someone needs a blood transfusion or organ transplant and you are the only person that is fit to donate, you have to be willing to donate. No doctor has the right to forcibly stick a needle in you or cut you open against your will even if it's to save another life. It is your body, your choice. This is the principle of bodily autonomy. It is not negotiable.

If anyone believes that a foetus is not a human life, there is a lot of unscientific information going around the South

You and I are a clump of cells

and I think you'll find ever scientist uses the phrase

Anyway I knew the schools were bad in the Free State but this is shocking, anyway here you go.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_life_cycle

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 09:20:41 PM

Anyway I knew the schools were bad in the Free State but this is shocking, anyway here you go.....

Where in your link does it say what you want it to say?

You and I are humans. Birth certs and everything.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

It was a link to the biological life cycle, if you believe that a foetus is not part of the human lifecycle I would suggest you read the whole thing.

Plenty of humans have been and are around without birth certificates... piece of paper from a registrars office doesn't make you human.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 08:34:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 22, 2019, 07:40:12 PM

So our family member should have been forced to carry the pregnancy to full term and give birth to a dead baby? Because you know more about her situation than she does?

I'm hardly likely to be drawn in to comment on anyone's personal situation when i know sfa about it. I also would never bring any family members situation on to the internet because you never know what will be said

The comment was related to abortion on demand not medical emergencies.

Now you're catching on, old boy!

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 09:28:09 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

It was a link to the biological life cycle, if you believe that a foetus is not part of the human lifecycle I would suggest you read the whole thing.

Plenty of humans have been and are around without birth certificates... piece of paper from a registrars office doesn't make you human.
being part of the human lifecycle does not mean it is a human

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 22, 2019, 09:32:38 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 08:34:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 22, 2019, 07:40:12 PM

So our family member should have been forced to carry the pregnancy to full term and give birth to a dead baby? Because you know more about her situation than she does?

I'm hardly likely to be drawn in to comment on anyone's personal situation when i know sfa about it. I also would never bring any family members situation on to the internet because you never know what will be said

The comment was related to abortion on demand not medical emergencies.

Now you're catching on, old boy!

Thats what did for the loveboats mob. Fire and brimstone, pseudoscience and mysogony versus human stories.

Even that exchange. "I'm anti choice", <real life story>, what they are anti shifts.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2019, 09:40:01 PM
Whatever your views on the rights & wrongs of abortion, saying that it is not human life until it is born (and has a birth certificate) is stretching the narrative into the "mental as fcuk" realms.
The disputed phrase was 'a human'.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 09:45:23 PM
Whatever your views on the rights & wrongs of abortion, saying that it is not human life until it is born (and has a birth certificate) is stretching the narrative into the "mental as fcuk" realms.

What's the dispute?

RedHand88

+1

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 09:52:51 PM

What's the dispute?

That a foetus is a full human being.

RedHand88

If it's not a human.... what is it??

omaghjoe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 22, 2019, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 09:52:51 PM

What's the dispute?

That a foetus is a full human being.

Do you mean a fully grown human being? Because maturity isnt reached until late teens