The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 12:21:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 10:48:53 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 10:47:37 AM
Quote from: skeog on February 21, 2021, 10:28:32 AM
Celtic liked Israeli players Angelo take it you were against that.

I don't see what that has got do with it. Do you want me to be bigotted against Israeli individuals? I won't, I will call their state out on their vile actions though.

I do however find the actions of the Israeli state absolutely reprehensible.

Maybe you find the bombing of hospitals by state occupying forces to be acceptable though?

You find occupying countries acceptable?

I've said the exact opposite to that.

I don't but the likes of you clearly do.

You're happy with how Russia looked after Afghanistan? Kept the peace? Keep digging lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 12:46:53 PM

I don't see what that has got do with it. Do you want me to be bigotted against Israeli individuals? I won't, I will call their state out on their vile actions though.

Maybe you find the bombing of hospitals by state occupying forces to be acceptable though?

You're happy with how Russia looked after Afghanistan? Kept the peace? Keep digging lad

I am happy about how Russia looked after Afghanistan while the Americans were financing and supplying Al Qaeda with weapons.

Keep digging.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 01:02:53 PM

I am happy about how Russia looked after Afghanistan while the Americans were financing and supplying Al Qaeda with weapons.

Keep digging.

So occupying countries is ok, like Israel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2021, 11:59:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 20, 2021, 11:52:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2021, 11:50:47 PM
What sanctions could Ireland impose that would make a difference?

The place is a disaster, how governments allow what goes on  or deal with Israel like the do is embarrassing.

Take away the septic line and it's heart of hearts it's a occupying force squeezing the life out of Palestinians

Anyone that supports a country that occupies another country is a Cnut  ;)

Could the ambassador be removed maybe? Is that an option. Israel need to be shown that they cannot operate with impunity

What hold do they have on countries?

I wish I knew. I genuinely think countries don't want to go against them because they don't want to be labelled as anti Semitic

imtommygunn

I think it has turned to that over the last few years yes but I think there is some clout at some senior positions in various governments.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 01:39:55 PM

Keep digging.

No it's not and I think it's telling that you say it is ok.

What is happening in Palestine is disgusting but I'm not surprised to see you support it.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2021, 01:57:56 PM

The place is a disaster, how governments allow what goes on  or deal with Israel like the do is embarrassing.

Take away the septic line and it's heart of hearts it's a occupying force squeezing the life out of Palestinians

Could the ambassador be removed maybe? Is that an option. Israel need to be shown that they cannot operate with impunity

I wish I knew. I genuinely think countries don't want to go against them because they don't want to be labelled as anti Semitic

It's because The West are allies with Israel.

They have no worries about allegations of islamophobia.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 02:18:58 PM

Keep digging.

What is happening in Palestine is disgusting but I'm not surprised to see you support it.

You said it's ok. You are happy countries occupy other countries so you are for what Israel stands for, unfair occupation of another country. Pathetic really

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 03:17:15 PM

Keep digging.

You said it's ok. You are happy countries occupy other countries so you are for what Israel stands for, unfair occupation of another country. Pathetic really

You said it was ok.

I did not.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 02:20:00 PM

That's part of it. And for some reason being islamophobic is not considered as bad as being anti Semitic. Look at the tories v Corbyn for example. As long as Israel continue to play the AS card every time they are criticised this will continue to be the case. It happens at every level. Even on twitter when you criticise Israel someone comes along with the AS line

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 03:17:15 PM

Keep digging.

You said it was ok.

I did not.

No you said countries that occupy others is fine, Russia being the main culprits since WW2. You have repeatedly said Russia did nothing wrong. Pathetic

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2021, 03:22:34 PM

That's part of it. And for some reason being islamophobic is not considered as bad as being anti Semitic. Look at the tories v Corbyn for example. As long as Israel continue to play the AS card every time they are criticised this will continue to be the case. It happens at every level. Even on twitter when you criticise Israel someone comes along with the AS line
AS won't work for much longer.
Israel is running apartheid and more and more people understand that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

There is a bit of a change in attitudes towards Israel. Too little too late and it remains to be seen how long it lasts for

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2021, 03:57:41 PM
There is a bit of a change in attitudes towards Israel. Too little too late and it remains to be seen how long it lasts for

They are very afraid of proper left wing parties taking over in countries with permanent UN seats. They are afraid of international law.  This is why Starmer is now leading Labour. He has veen fully vetted.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20200414-keir-starmer-as-labour-party-leader-what-this-means-for-palestine/

f**k them. If it is politically expedient they will be shafted. That is how power works. Most politicians hate them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2021, 03:24:59 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2021, 03:22:34 PM

AS won't work for much longer.
Israel is running apartheid and more and more people understand that.
Unfortunately it will continue to work, probably even more effectively than before, because Israel has immense influence in Western politics and media

The international right is shot through with genuine anti-Semitism, but this is overlooked because all these anti-Semites are fervently pro-Israel

There is also a minority of the pro-Palestine left which engages in genuine anti-Semitism and is too thick to see it, which sadly harms Palestine even further

You also have the international cult of neo-Nazism which wishes for another Holocaust, and so sees Palestine as a way to achieve this - Palestine would obviously be much better off without their unwanted support

Palestine has no allies, apart from the majority of the ordinary people internationally who see how it is treated - which absolutely is apartheid - but they have no power

Russia is an ally of Israel, many of the most hardline right-wingers in Israel are of Russian or Soviet origin, and Russia's ally Assad has several times bombed Palestinian refugee camps

So the tragic reality is Palestine has no hope whatsoever