The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I think there was a bit of damage done if I recall correctly.

Anyway yours is an opinion I would strongly agree with really. Questioning hamas seems tabu in this thread as they do a lot of bad but at the minute there is genocide going on in Palestine and the west are contributing / backing it a lot through the various media and governments and it is disgusting.

Aoise

For anyone with an interest, please watch this. This man has dedicated his life lecturing on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. He was arrested last week as he protested. You may not agree with him but I find his points hard to dispute, infact IMO it's the best summation of what is currently happening that I have heard yet. And he is Jewish!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JvBZhe7nU2M

whitey

The whole thing is so fvcked up I don't know how they'll ever fix it

Just saw that US bombed ISIS in Iraq this morning (who thoroughly deserved it IMHO) yet 150,000 people have been massacred in Syria and no-one had the balls to do anything.

Now looks like its going to kick off in Gaza again with the ceasefire breaking down.

The Iceman

WARNING extremely graphic images:
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56481
The ISIS militants in Iraq are as bad as I have seen. You hear of these horror stories but rarely do you see real footage of them. Yet the world continues on with reports of the weather, transfer news from the soccer world and the price of petrol.....
Funny I just watch the film Noah during the week. It's near time we were all wiped out again for the way things are today.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on August 08, 2014, 09:59:59 PM
The ISIS militants in Iraq are as bad as I have seen. You hear of these horror stories but rarely do you see real footage of them. Yet the world continues on with reports of the weather, transfer news from the soccer world and the price of petrol.....
Funny I just watch the film Noah during the week. It's near time we were all wiped out again for the way things are today.....

I know ISIS has loads of money, but does anyone know who is selling them weapons?

I think it is time the UN got the heads of the various religions together and got them to find a way to put an end to religious persecution. Just this week we have Jews slaughtering Muslims & Muslims slaughtering Christians, all in the name of God. If the leaders of these wars are even fractionally as religious as they pretend, excommunication or whatever the equivalent is in their religions wouldn't look good to the troops. These scumbags hide behind religion and twist the dogma to suit their agendas. Maybe the dogma can be used against them?

Because if we have learned anything at all, going in an bombing the shit out of the place only perpetuates the war and never ends it.
MWWSI 2017

dowling

How did you know they had loads of money?

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2014, 10:34:14 PM

I know ISIS has loads of money, but does anyone know who is selling them weapons?

I think it is time the UN got the heads of the various religions together and got them to find a way to put an end to religious persecution. Just this week we have Jews slaughtering Muslims & Muslims slaughtering Christians, all in the name of God. If the leaders of these wars are even fractionally as religious as they pretend, excommunication or whatever the equivalent is in their religions wouldn't look good to the troops. These scumbags hide behind religion and twist the dogma to suit their agendas. Maybe the dogma can be used against them?

Because if we have learned anything at all, going in an bombing the shit out of the place only perpetuates the war and never ends it.

Do you think extremists are listening to mainline religious leaders in the first place, though?

Mike Sheehy

Whats happening in Gaza is proof that no god exists so getting the religions together will only confront them with their pointlessness.

Its not a message that will go down well I think.

dowling

Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2014, 12:47:31 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2014, 10:34:14 PM

Do you think extremists are listening to mainline religious leaders in the first place, though?

Will you do me a favour and explain for me what an extremist is.

muppet

Quote from: dowling on August 09, 2014, 12:44:28 AM

Every newspaper article I've read about them makes that claim.

We probably bailed them out.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2014, 01:45:39 AM
Quote from: dowling on August 09, 2014, 12:44:28 AM

Every newspaper article I've read about them makes that claim.

We probably bailed them out.

They actually stole $500,000,000 from a bank. I heard it mentioned on various news sources.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: dowling on August 09, 2014, 01:11:39 AM
Will you do me a favour and explain for me what an extremist is.

Depends what the meaning of "is" is.

dowling

Quote from: give her dixie on August 08, 2014, 12:26:08 PM
"The Palestinian people's resistance in Gaza today is admirable, it is fair and it is a struggle for all of us. We do not want a world where raw power can be abused, to kill those who struggle for justice."

"The heart of the Earth beats in Gaza now. It bleeds, but it beats," says Dr. Mads Gilbert, the Norwegian emergency surgeon who returned to his home city of Tromsø on 31 July, after spending several weeks treating the wounded from Israel's assault at Gaza City's al-Shifa Hospital.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/video-palestinian-resistance-gaza-fighting-all-us-says-dr-mads-gilbert

Very profound testimony

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2014, 12:48:28 AM
Whats happening in Gaza is proof that no god exists so getting the religions together will only confront them with their pointlessness.

Really? How so?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2014, 07:29:42 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2014, 12:48:28 AM

Really? How so?

On the contrary, both Israel and Hamas claim to be representing their religions. Israel is a religious state, and an apartheid state at that, while Hamas would obviously want the same if they got a state of their own.
MWWSI 2017