The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: Itchy on July 26, 2014, 12:10:11 PM
Sorry Dixie. An earth mover, whether fortified or with bells on it is not a weapon. Its an earth mover. I could go out and rent a Hitachi machine and wreck half a town if I want, doesn't make Hitachi complicit in what I do. Caterpillar are just an easy target as they sell into lots of markets. Its the people who make the weapons, tanks, guns and the components in them that you should target and I bet there are plenty of them around.

Itchy, did you look at any of the links I posted?

Caterpillar equipment is sold to the IDF under the "Military Aid Programme" from the USA.

Israel get $3 Billion per year from the US taxpayers to buy Military Equipment back from the USA. The D9's are part of that military aid. They are not sold as ordinary earth moving equipment.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Itchy

What's wrong then is the agreement between the US and Israel, not Caterpillar. Maybe we should boycot american companies?

give her dixie

Quote from: Itchy on July 26, 2014, 12:36:09 PM
What's wrong then is the agreement between the US and Israel, not Caterpillar. Maybe we should boycot american companies?

No Itchy, what is wrong is the fact that Caterpillar sells their machines as Military weapons. They top the list of companies to Boycott when it comes to Palestine. They are complicit in War Crimes. Plus, they should not be funded in Belfast with our taxpayers money, and the political leaders here need to grow a pair of balls and honor their commitment to boycotting Caterpillar. They can't ride 2 horses at the same time.

brokencrossbar1

Lads just so you know Caterpillar has been supplying the D9s to the Israeli army for nearly 60 years now and they have had them modified over the years from standard earth moving machines to effectively a machine of war.  They are the most heavily fortified bulldozer in the world and are basically used in a form of 'scorched earth' policy.  They drive the rubble further and further back into Gaza thereby minimalising the ground available to the Palestinians and at the same same time destroying Palestinian homes.  They have also been used as a moving blockade for Israeli ground troops to hide behind as they usurp land.  Caterpillar have inextricably been linked with the history of conflict in Israel and are heavily involved in the manufacture of engines etc that are used in many different tanks submarines etc.  I will caveat this by stating that the IDF make the modifications to the bull dozer but there is no doubt that they work hand in fist with Caterpillar in doing so.

seafoid

Az

Stephen walt said last year in foreign policy that words are not enough
to deal with a 47 year old system of colonisation. The only thing that will work is the application of power. 2 states are not going to happen unless 3/4 of a million settlers in the west bank  go home. The whole reason they are there is to stop the emergence of a palestinian state. That is the logic of Zion ism. Who is going to root them out?

Israel is only going to deteriorate. There is no point in expecting it to become a normal country.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

Does anyone remember how Israel blamed Hamas for kidnapping the 3 settlers?

Well, Israel have now said it was a lone cell........

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

give her dixie

Entire Gaza family killed prior to ceasefire, as death toll tops 985

Minutes before the humanitarian ceasefire went into effect in Gaza on Saturday morning, meanwhile, an Israeli airstrike left at least 20 members of a Palestinian family dead in Khan Younis refugee camp.

The al-Najjar family had fled their homes in Khuzaa, just east of Khan Younis, earlier in the day after Israeli artillery shelling there killed dozens, and they were hoping to find shelter somewhere further from the border.

Their refuge in Khan Younis, however, turned out to be anything but, as missiles fired from Israeli warplanes just before 8 a.m. completely leveled the four-story building they were sleeping in.

The airstrike killed eleven children, four women, and five men from the family, according to Palestinian medical sources.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=716306

give her dixie

give her dixie

give her dixie

I know it's short notice, but there will be rally of solidarity for Gaza in Anne St car park today in Dungannon at 3pm

I will be speaking at it, so please come along if possible 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 26, 2014, 12:15:16 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 26, 2014, 12:10:11 PM
Sorry Dixie. An earth mover, whether fortified or with bells on it is not a weapon. Its an earth mover. I could go out and rent a Hitachi machine and wreck half a town if I want, doesn't make Hitachi complicit in what I do. Caterpillar are just an easy target as they sell into lots of markets. Its the people who make the weapons, tanks, guns and the components in them that you should target and I bet there are plenty of them around.

Actually, why stop at caterpillar, shouldn't we be going after anybody that works for Israeli companies or companies that do business in Israel.

That seems like a reasonable place to start.
It will probably come down to sanctions but way too late. Israel doesn't care about international law whichmis why it runs apartheid and that means it can't have the security it craves. Settlers killed 2 Palestinians yesterday.

Israel threw over $100bn into the settlement project. Who is going to tell the people of israel the money was wasted?

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on July 26, 2014, 02:06:32 PM
I know it's short notice, but there will be rally of solidarity for Gaza in Anne St car park today in Dungannon at 3pm

Did Latuff draw the Tyrone flag?

give her dixie

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2014, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 26, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Did Latuff draw the Tyrone flag?

I asked him yesterday to come up with a piece of art to reflect the solidarity from Dungannon to Gaza. This is what he produced. I think it is a fantastic piece and today we raised it high as hundreds walked up Irish St to the Hill of O'Neill at the top of the square.

muppet

MWWSI 2017