The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2014, 12:11:13 AM
Why do Israel get away with their disproportionate retaliation? That's what I want to know.
They wouldn't only for US backing. What I can't undetstand is why their Government gets so much backing from their own people. There is a significant minority against their actions, enough to show that it is unjustifyable but not enough to stop it.

give her dixie

Quote from: LeoMc on July 19, 2014, 12:03:46 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 18, 2014, 11:37:54 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 18, 2014, 10:43:09 PM
I don't think Sheehy is a troll or supports Israel. I think, like me, he recognises there are 2 sides in the wrong in this conflict. Seafood and old dixie can only see one side. That said Israel is committing war crimes and is a disgrace to civilisation. Hamas a bunch of clowns playing into their hands, the blood of innocents on both their hands.

What innocents have Hamas killed?
I don't believe the 3 Israelis (2 of them children were killed by Hamas but rather by extremists however Hamas jihadis have been firing rockets with the intention of killing innocents.
Hamas are by no means innocent in all of this one sided conflict. The world knows the Israelis will produce a disproportionate response to any perceived aggression so IMO Hamas are playing fast and loose with the lives of the ordinary Palestinians for PR purposes.

If you think that Hamas are playing fast and loose, then you are very badly mistaken

You need to remember that Gaza has been under a brutal siege. Following the 2012 attacks, a ceasefire was pretty much held up by Hamas. Other groups fell into line and it held. Israel on the other hand violated the cease fire 278 recorded times. In the past year until just before this kicked off, they killed 70 + Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza.

Hamas and Fatah formed a Unity government, and Netanyahu went mad. He then started to turn up the heat.

Things were fairly quiet up until the week before the Israelis went missing. Israel killed 2 young boys, and it was captured on CCTV. Then the Israelis go missing, and Netanyahu goes into full Hamas Hamas Hamas Hamas Iran Hamas Hamas Hamas Iran etc etc mode. As we know know, he knew the boys were dead, but he used that time to drum up world wide hatred for Hamas and Palestinians. The media fell into line and repeated him word for word.

Without one single shred of evidence, he convinced everyone Hamas kidnapped the 3. Then, when they were buried, the plan went astray a bit. The young Palestinian lad was kidnapped and burned alive. Netanyahu then launched an airstrike on Gaza knowing he was poking the nest. He got the reaction he was after as Islamic Jihad fired off some rockets, and he declared war.

So, what were Hamas and the other resistence groups to do? They knew the attack was coming and they had to defend themselves against the 4th largest army in the world. So when Israel came a knocking, they fired back with rockets. That is all they have to defend themselves with. No air force, no navy, no helicopters, just rockets.

As you have seen earlier in that article, you will see how Blair and his new boss Sissi colluded with Netanyahu and Kerry in order to get to where we are today. A mass slaughter by Israel, backed by Cameron, Merkel and Obama. And the media keep on repeating the Israeli lie "We agreed to a ceasefire, Hamas didn't"

In fact, Hamas had put forward their demands for a ceasefire before this offer from Egypt, and it was rejected. Nobody talks about that.

Right now across Gaza as bombs rain down on them, the vast majority of Palestinians are fully behind the resistance as they put up a fight against the brutal occupier breaking into their house. They have the right to defend themselves against the occupier, and they are exercising that right.

I don't see where Hamas have gone too far wrong in this, and the facts are there to prove Netanyahu provoked this attack on Gaza.

As John Pilger said "The 1st casualty of war is the truth"
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ONeill

Do you think Hamas would attempt to obliterate Jews if they had the military upper hand? Just asking, not judging.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

whitey

I've lived in the US for 20 years and know lots of Jewish people, a few Israelis and even a couple of ex Israeli special ops guys. All I can say is that there's 2 sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2014, 12:11:13 AM
Why do Israel get away with their disproportionate retaliation? That's what I want to know.

Israel can only survive by bullying the region. They will never be accepted.

They have the backing of the US. Americans seem to regard Hamas, Al Quieda and Taliban as being the same gig. Palistinians, Iraq, Iran and Afganistan are all the same itch that needs to be scratched.  Terrorists basically and if civilians get killed it doesn t seem to be big deal. Have a look at Sky News Farr and it soon becomes clear why Israel gets away with it. Obama is being ridiculed as being soft with the Russians. If he even hinted at being critical of the Israelies he would be vilified as being soft on terrorism.

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2014, 12:42:20 AM
Do you think Hamas would attempt to obliterate Jews if they had the military upper hand? Just asking, not judging.

I think they would. As would all of their neighbours. Israel only survives because they are militarily superior. The fuss about the Iranian nuclear programme is all about the threat to Israel.

give her dixie

Not a chance. All the Palestinians want to do is live in peace. something they havn't been able to do since 1948

give her dixie

Quote from: whitey on July 19, 2014, 12:45:45 AM
I've lived in the US for 20 years and know lots of Jewish people, a few Israelis and even a couple of ex Israeli special ops guys. All I can say is that there's 2 sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Of course there are 2 sides to every story. There is the side of the occupier, and the side of the occupied, the side of the strong, and the side of the weak, the side of the oppressor and the side of the oppressed.  We know what side the Palestinians are on

give her dixie

Quote from: moysider on July 19, 2014, 01:03:42 AM

I think they would. As would all of their neighbours. Israel only survives because they are militarily superior. The fuss about the Iranian nuclear programme is all about the threat to Israel.

And why do you think Hamas would do that considering they are an Islamic based organisation. You seem to be mixing them up with the Yanks and the Nazi's?

moysider

Quote from: give her dixie on July 19, 2014, 01:12:02 AM

And why do you think Hamas would do that considering they are an Islamic based organisation. You seem to be mixing them up with the Yanks and the Nazi's?

Sorry, not sure what you mean there give her dixie.

give her dixie

Quote from: moysider on July 19, 2014, 01:27:33 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 19, 2014, 01:12:02 AM

Sorry, not sure what you mean there give her dixie.

I mean that by their fait, they wouldn't be into going after millions of jews to kill them. I used the yanks and the Nazis as an example of 2 groups who have no problem with mass slaughter.

I have yet to meet a Palestinian in Gaza or beyond, or read any comment that would call for such a thing. They are dignified people who despite their hardships, just want to get on with life.

give her dixie

NBC reverse their decision after sustained pressure to send Ayman Mohyeldin back into Gaza 

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/reverses-mohyeldin-palestinian.html

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2014, 10:34:19 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 18, 2014, 06:35:50 PM
Has Israel got any supporters in here apart from Sheehy?
Sheehy is a troll. He isn't really interested in Israel.

You said in a radio interview that Hamas violence was justified. You lie constantly to people on this board about your true intent.
You constantly call for the destruction of Israel and the elimination of the Jewish race on other websites and then come on here
and present yourself as a "voice of reason"

It may not be "popular" but I will continue to challenge you scumbags at every turn.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: give her dixie on July 19, 2014, 01:44:34 AM
NBC reverse their decision after sustained pressure to send Ayman Mohyeldin back into Gaza 

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/reverses-mohyeldin-palestinian.html

Why do you support the Nazis on www.barnesreview.org

I have asked you many times to justify why you asked me to read a review by them on Mattias Changs anti-semitic book.

Answer the question you sc**bag.

Mike Sheehy

Of course they would. That is the true aim aim of Hamas, Seafoid and GHD.

Ask GHD about his views on the two state solution..I'll bet he wont respond.

I'll be waiting if he does.....................