The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
I would have thought that breach of another nation's sovereignty would require more than "direct links" to a multinational terrorist organisation and "fear of imminent attacks" to be considered justified

So let me throw the question back to you....how do you think the US should have reacted to the 9/11 attacks?

macdanger2

Honestly, I don't want to get dragged into some long winded sh*te about this. There are probably lots of things they could have done but personally I don't think invading Afghanistan was justifiable

rossiewanderer

And their off again...inane ego fueled...jumbified...point scoring..amateur text referencing...only care because you get a powerful sense of superiority and negative enrichment which makes you feel good.

whitey

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
I would have thought that breach of another nation's sovereignty would require more than "direct links" to a multinational terrorist organisation and "fear of imminent attacks" to be considered justified

So let me help you out

US was attacked by Al Quada on 9/11.   FACT

Many of the hijackers trained in Al Quada camps in Afghanistan.    FACT

Osama Bin Ladin planned and directed the 9/11 attacks.    FACT

OBL and AQ were allowed to operate freely and without interference by the Taliban.   FACT

Taliban refused to hand over OBL or dismantle the camps post 9/11. FACT

Additional attacks were being planned in those very same camps.  FACT

This is more than a "join the dots" conspiracy theory. If you don't agree...well your certainly entitled to your opinion, just it's one I respectfully disagree with

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2014, 09:41:46 PM
Honestly, I don't want to get dragged into some long winded sh*te about this. There are probably lots of things they could have done but personally I don't think invading Afghanistan was justifiable

In hindsight, most Americans would probably agree with you. With a bit of patience they could have put pressure on the the Taleban to isolate and trap Bin laden.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: whitey on July 03, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

I bring up that example to show that terrorists use and have used children as pawns The use of the fuzzy math were hearing about the number of Palestinian children killed, needs to be viewed through this lens.

The Iraq war is a whole other discussion. Personally, I was against the war, but felt the Afghanistan war was completely justified and necessary. Now, because of Bush and his fvckwit buddies we are still fighting a war that should be long over. Currently my wife's godson/nephew is fighting over there

You are correct but you only play into the extremists hands by playing the life of one child against another. This is exactly what Seafoid and GHD want you to do. All children are all equal.They are the only true innocents in all of this. Everybody else is driven by, at best, by their biased life experiences, at worst, by their naked predjudices.

The western media ignore the death of Palestinian Children and put the deaths of Israeli children on the front page. On the other hand seafoid and GHD work themselves into a frenzy of bloodlust at the death of Israeli Children and, perversely, salivate at the possible Israeli response. It is madness. Destructive, nihilistic madness.

What is the appropriate response to all this ?

Always speak the truth , even if it is unpopular. Stand up to the mob whether they be Orthodox or Hamas. Question the extremists  like Seafoid and GHD . Call them out.

Don't let the poisoned ones poison everybody else.

Itchy

give her dixie

Israel attempting cover up over Jerusalem teen's killing, family say

The family of Muhammad Abu Khudair, the Palestinian teenager abducted and brutally murdered in Jerusalem early on Wednesday morning, were still waiting for Israeli authorities to return the boy's body on Thursday night.

"They told us to come and pick him up at 5pm. We went at 5 and then they said come back tomorrow," Dr. Mohsen Abukhudeir, Muhammad's cousin, told The Electronic Intifada by phone from Shuafat in occupied Jerusalem.

"We don't know what's happening," he added.

Abukhudeir said that the family were outraged at Israeli efforts to cover up for Muhammad's murderers by spreading false stories and smears.

In the first hours after his body was found, Israeli police said that they suspected that Muhammad's killing was a reprisal for the killings of three Israeli teenagers whose bodies were found in the occupied West Bank on Monday. But since then, as the blogger Richard Silverstein has reported Israeli police leaked to the media misinformation claiming that Muhammad was killed in an honor crime because he was gay.

As The Electronic Intifada has reported, Israeli leaders and others have engaged in intense campaigns of incitement and calls for "revenge."

Dr. Mohsen Abukhdeir said that Muhammad's father, Hussein Abu Khudair, was questioned at the Russian Compound police station in Jerusalem from 6am to 4pm on Thursday and pressured by police to agree to "lies that the police invented" that Muhammad was killed in a "family dispute."

Dr. Mohsen said the family believed the body was being held as a form of pressure.

Wesam Abukhdeir, 17, another cousin of Muhammad, tweeted at New York Times correspondent Jodi Rudoren out of frustration at Israeli efforts to spin the story and put pressure on the family.

"I posted those tweets because I wanted The New York Times people to see what's happening," Wesam later told The Electronic Intifada contributor Rania Khalek by telephone from his home in Jerusalem's Shuafat neighborhood.

"No one's saying anything about it. Already there are Israelis saying it was a family problem. They're all completely brainwashed into believing whatever their media tells them, unless there's a counterargument from a legitimate source, like The New York Times," Wesam added.

Wesam told Khalek that he hadn't left his home since Muhammad's body was found because Israeli soldiers entered the neighborhood and haven't stopped firing tear gassing and rubber-coated steel bullets at protestors since.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/israel-attempting-cover-over-jerusalem-teens-killing-family-say
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

imtommygunn

Quote from: Itchy on July 03, 2014, 11:45:32 PM
Well said Mike Sheehy!

+1

What is the response? Another copy and paste. That's all this thread has become.

give her dixie

CCTV footage showing the kidnapping of Palestinian teenager Mohamed Abu Khdeir in East Jerusalem, before his brutal murder.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jul/03/cctv-palestinian-teens-mohamed-abu-khdeir-abduction-video

imtommygunn

Ghd you could write a computer program that would give the same contribution to this thread as you.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 11:52:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 03, 2014, 11:45:32 PM
Well said Mike Sheehy!

+1

What is the response? Another copy and paste. That's all this thread has become.

If you want to educate people about the truth you first have to win hearts and minds. Seafoid does not have a heart and GHD does not have a mind. This is why they cut and paste. They have no alternative.

imtommygunn

I'm not unconvinced ghd isn't using a computer program to be honest.seems a touch robotic.

give her dixie

IDF planning to demolish homes of dozens of Palestinian militants in West Bank

The Israel Defense Forces is considering demolishing dozens of homes in the West Bank, including those of Hamas leaders, arguing that prison time is not an adequate deterrent for crimes. The IDF is conducting staff work in the run-up to a decision.

Israel has reinstated house demolitions in the West Bank after a decade-long hiatus as part of its latest efforts against Hamas. This week the High Court of Justice approved the demolition of the home of Ziad Awad, who has been charged with the murder of an off-duty policeman.

In response to a petition against demolishing Awad's home, Maj. Gen. Nitzan Alon, the head of Central Command, told the court that such operations were necessary because of the increase in terror activity over the past two years.

Meanwhile, in the town of Awarta near Nablus this week, IDF officials have measured the homes of the two men convicted of murdering the Fogel family in March 2011. Five members of the family were stabbed to death in their home in the settlement of Itamar, including the parents and three children aged 11 years, 4 years and 3 months.

An earlier recommendation by the Shin Bet security service to demolish the houses was rejected.

The IDF also intends to demolish the homes of the following: the two suspects in the recent kidnapping and murder of three teens in the West Bank, the two men convicted of kidnapping and murdering soldier Tomer Hazan, the teen convicted of murdering soldier Eden Attias, and the two men who confessed to murdering Col. (res.) Seraiah Ofer. The latter three killings all took place in the second half of last year.

The Hamas leaders who would be punished this way are the ones arrested after the kidnapping of the three teens. The homes of Hamas military leaders who are in Israeli prisons were demolished years ago.

Others whose homes may be demolished are men released in the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange in 2011; in that case, Israeli officials would have to prove that these men have returned to terror.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.603029?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 04, 2014, 12:04:11 AM
I'm not unconvinced ghd isn't using a computer program to be honest.seems a touch robotic.

You saw his response when AZoffaly asked him the most innocuous of questions. GHD is not quite the full shilling.