The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: give her dixie on July 03, 2014, 11:48:26 AM

It's a tragic situation....but these Hamas animals launch rockets from school rooftops, give Palestinian teenagers guns to take potshots at Israeli Soldiers, encourage rioting in kids as young as 5 and 6. The. Tell them all that they go to heaven if they die

While the Israelis are undoubtedly a pack of cvnts, those numbers you quote are flat out propaganda

(In Iraq, Al Quada would force a 4 year old to run out in front of an American Humvee. The Americans jam on the brakes, and then while they're sitting there, get an RPG fired at them. The Americans then just ran right anyone who walked in front of their vehicles. I'm sure these were classified as "murders" too!  I heard this first hand from someone who did 2 tours there)

give her dixie

Whitey, I wish those figures wern't true, but sadly, they are.

During Operation Cast Lead, 400 children were killed in just 21 days.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

whitey

Quote from: give her dixie on July 03, 2014, 05:06:47 PM

It's terrible....but since the time of the caveman there has been conflict between humans

My point is that there's wrong on both sides....not just the Israeli side which seems to be the consensus view on this board

I have an old neighbor who's a senior UN Peacekeeper and I have heard first hand about what goes on over there. Conversely, a young fella at my gym had 2 brothers serving in the IDF, so I heard that side too.  There's 2 sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between

http://rt.com/news/un-hamas-idf-video-166/

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on July 03, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

It's terrible....but since the time of the caveman there has been conflict between humans

My point is that there's wrong on both sides....not just the Israeli side which seems to be the consensus view on this board

I have an old neighbor who's a senior UN Peacekeeper and I have heard first hand about what goes on over there. Conversely, a young fella at my gym had 2 brothers serving in the IDF, so I heard that side too.  There's 2 sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between

Israel has been occupying Gaza and the West Bank for almost 50 years. The only way to keep it going is to kill Palestinians and moan to the West about anti-Semitism. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thebigfella

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2014, 05:57:36 PM

Israel has been occupying Gaza and the West Bank for almost 50 years. The only way to keep it going is to kill Palestinians and moan to the West about anti-Semitism.

So say anti-Semitic's such as yourself. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2014, 05:57:36 PM

Seafoid, you have said in the past (on mondoweiss) that you are in contact with Israelis. The implication seemed to be that you were in contact with Israeli groups involved in opposing the occupation. I was just wondering if you say to them all the things you say about Israelis on here ?

Also, I recall You relating some anecdotal stories about what such and such an Israeli said to you. If I recall correctly it was in a canteen at work ?  Would I be correct in saying that you work for a company that does business in Israel ?

How do you square this with your support for BDS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott,_Divestment_and_Sanctions

Obviously you don't need to give details, just a yes/no on whether you work with a company that does business in Israel will do.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: whitey on July 03, 2014, 04:21:18 PM

It's a tragic situation....but these Hamas animals launch rockets from school rooftops, give Palestinian teenagers guns to take potshots at Israeli Soldiers, encourage rioting in kids as young as 5 and 6. The. Tell them all that they go to heaven if they die

While the Israelis are undoubtedly a pack of cvnts, those numbers you quote are flat out propaganda

(In Iraq, Al Quada would force a 4 year old to run out in front of an American Humvee. The Americans jam on the brakes, and then while they're sitting there, get an RPG fired at them. The Americans then just ran right anyone who walked in front of their vehicles. I'm sure these were classified as "murders" too!  I heard this first hand from someone who did 2 tours there)

Whitey, as someone who has lived on and off in the US for 20 years I am cognisant of the differing views on the Invasion of Iraq but, ultimately, America chose to invade Iraq and those soldiers signed up to serve.  I can understand the instinct for survival but it does not change the fact that it is a war crime to deliberately kill a civilian no matter how despicable the people are that put that civilian in harms way.

seafoid

How does Israel become a normal country after almost 50 years of brutal military occupation ? 

seafoid

MikeSheehy

Does this remind you of yourself ?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/03/pistorius-murder-trial-hears-two-oscars-psychological-profile

One part of you is genuinely inquisitive and the other half has Tourettes and thinks that abusing people gets their attention 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2014, 08:25:56 PM
MikeSheehy

Does this remind you of yourself ?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/03/pistorius-murder-trial-hears-two-oscars-psychological-profile

One part of you is genuinely inquisitive and the other half has Tourettes and thinks that abusing people gets their attention

Answer the question. Do you work for a company that does business in Israel ?

The board has a right to know.

imtommygunn

This thread has become absolutely ridiculous. It's a copy paste fest of various articles from sources which the posters choose to read because it suits their particular opinions / agendas.

Any purpose you boys thought it served has well and truly gone.

whitey

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 03, 2014, 07:05:21 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 03, 2014, 04:21:18 PM

Whitey, as someone who has lived on and off in the US for 20 years I am cognisant of the differing views on the Invasion of Iraq but, ultimately, America chose to invade Iraq and those so
ldiers signed up to serve.  I can understand the instinct for survival but it does not change the fact that it is a war crime to deliberately kill a civilian no matter how despicable the people are that put that civilian in harms way.

I bring up that example to show that terrorists use and have used children as pawns. The use of the fuzzy math were hearing about the number of Palestinian children killed, needs to be viewed through this lens.

The Iraq war is a whole other discussion. Personally, I was against the war, but felt the Afghanistan war was completely justified and necessary. Now, because of Bush and his fvckwit buddies we are still fighting a war that should be long over. Currently my wife's godson/nephew is fighting over there

macdanger2

Why do you feel the Afghanistan war was justified?? I'm not an expert on it by any means but I certainly wouldn't be of that opinion

whitey

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2014, 09:17:05 PM
Why do you feel the Afghanistan war was justified?? I'm not an expert on it by any means but I certainly wouldn't be of that opinion

Because the Al Quada operatives who carried out the 9/11 attacks had direct links to Osama Bin Laden and his training camps which the Taliban accomadated/permitted.

At the time it was feared that many more attacks were imminent

Bush gave the Taliban an ultimatum to shut the camps down, hand over Osama Bin Laden and they chose to ignore it. Hence we went t war to protect ourselves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1341196/Bush-gives-Taliban-ultimatum.html

I'm curious as to your opinion as to why we WOULDNT have the right to protect ourselves in such a situation

macdanger2

I would have thought that breach of another nation's sovereignty would require more than "direct links" to a multinational terrorist organisation and "fear of imminent attacks" to be considered justified