The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 05:16:56 PM
Where exactly have I refused to condemn the attacks by Israel? Was it when I said -

"I agree that Israel's behaviour is disgraceful at times."

or

"And this makes the Israelis react in an even more abominable way."

or maybe this

"I understand the effort to highlight the disgusting abuses that go on there, and I admire the genuine efforts to help the people"

The problem seems to be that I also feel empathy for human suffering on the other side as well. Sorry about that.

And what did you have to say about the 10 dead?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AZOffaly

Apologies if it wasn't clear enough. All Israeli air strikes and attacks on innocent Palestinian civilians is an absolute travesty and a disgrace. They, above all else, should know what it means to oppress an entire civilian population.  RIP to all who are killed by cowardly Israeli attacks.

Now, what do you say about Israelis killed by Palestinian attacks?

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 02:42:50 PM
Gods chosen ones, with full US support, are back doing what they do best.

2 more Palestinians blown to bits in Gaza in the past hour, taking the death toll to 10 since the 3 illegal settlers went missing over a week ago.

Nice. I have sympathy for the Palestinian People, and I think the Israeli government are a disgrace, but you really make it hard sometimes.

AZ, this was your response to a horrific murder of 2 Palestinians. Nice is what you called it. How did you expect me to react?

AZOffaly

Are you for real? I highlighted, in bold, the phrase I was referring to, as is the norm around here. Of course I don't think the attack or the deaths are 'nice'. Do you think I am a sociopath or something?

Jesus christ.

AZOffaly

I also note you didn't respond to my question, after I answered yours.

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 05:21:25 PM
Apologies if it wasn't clear enough. All Israeli air strikes and attacks on innocent Palestinian civilians is an absolute travesty and a disgrace. They, above all else, should know what it means to oppress an entire civilian population.  RIP to all who are killed by cowardly Israeli attacks.

Now, what do you say about Israelis killed by Palestinian attacks?

AZ, if you know anything about me over the years posting on here you will know I totally oppose ANY murder by anyone, whether it is by Israel Palestine or anyone else, or by the death penalty. Murder is wrong in all forms shapes and sizes.

I grew up in a society where I saw my friends and neighbors murdered by state forces and by those who opposed to the state murdering them. Like many others on here, I have been to manys a wake and funeral of those killed.

I am totally opposed to state murder, and having grown up with murders by the British state I am always angry when I see it happening to others. The mothers of those killed in Palestine Iraq Ireland Afghanistan etc etc by the state all share the same pain.

I witnessed the pain at 1st hand here at home, and in Palestine and it makes my angry beyond words to see images like I just posted. That image is no different to the car riddled by bullets and fire in Coagh 20 years ago by the SAS when they murdered 3 neighbours of mine.

So, forgive me if i'm angry at your initial reaction of "Nice" when you replied to that horrific . I know a lot of people here who said the same thing when my neighbours were murdered by the SAS in Coagh all those years ago.

Count yourself lucky that you didn't have to live through that.

Coagh or Gaza, its still the same. State murder is just not acceptable or "Nice"

AZOffaly

The word 'Nice' was aimed at your phrase 'illegal settlers', and you know that full well. Spare me the faux outrage. If you persist in claiming I said the murders were 'nice' then that's just to suit your own agenda. Seafoid and Franko both seem to have had no problem understanding what I meant.

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
The word 'Nice' was aimed at your phrase 'illegal settlers', and you know that full well. Spare me the faux outrage. If you persist in claiming I said the murders were 'nice' then that's just to suit your own agenda. Seafoid and Franko both seem to have had no problem understanding what I meant.

Fair enough AZ, but your 1st response to the 10 murders, and the photo of a burnt out car was the word "Nice".

As for the term "Illegal settlers" that is what they are called under international law, and I make no apologies for calling them that.

Plus, there is NO evidence to suggest they were abducted by anyone, never mind Palestinians.

You can call them whatever you want, but that is what they are.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 05:43:06 PM

AZ
The settlers  are in the West Bank illegally.
The occupation is illegal. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

seafoid

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.601670

"The EU envoy to Israel Lars Faaborg-Andersen said on Friday that the warnings issued by Spain, Italy and France against doing business with Israeli settlements in the West Bank, in East Jerusalem, and in the Golan Heights point towards the fact that EU member states "are losing their patience with concerns not being treated" by Israel."

Speaking at a seminar organized by the Geneva Initiative of Friday morning, Fabourg-Andersen said the warnings "should not come as a surprise." He added that the precise wording of European Commission's general warning regarding private bodies' economic activity in the settlements is still being hashed out.

"The EU is more consistently implementing existing policy, and taking further steps to disengage from the settlements," said Andersen, adding that if settlement construction continues, additional EU member states will publish similar warnings.

Spain and Italy issued the warnings to their citizens earlier on Friday. The foreign ministries of both countries announced that companies engaging in economic activity in the settlements would be making themselves vulnerable to a series of risks.

According to the announcements made by Spain and Italy, the European Union and its member states do not recognize Israeli rule in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, which were conquered in 1967, and regard the settlements as illegal in international law.
"

they are illegal. It's not a question of nuance
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

I never said they weren't. However, I'd have thought a more human phrase to use would be "the three kidnapped, or missing, teenagers". To each their own, but my point is that ye lads give no sense of empathy with Israeli victims. It's all one way with ye, and that's hard to listen to all the time.

As someone who has sympathy with the Palestinian plight, I'd not have thought you'd be trying to alienate the likes of me, but sure what do I know? I never lived there.

I'm done with this subject now. To have someone pretend that I called the murders 'nice' is beyond the pale.

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 02:42:50 PM
Gods chosen ones, with full US support, are back doing what they do best.

2 more Palestinians blown to bits in Gaza in the past hour, taking the death toll to 10 since the 3 illegal settlers went missing over a week ago.

Nice. I have sympathy for the Palestinian People, and I think the Israeli government are a disgrace, but you really make it hard sometimes.

So, you didn't say nice then?

AZOffaly

Are you being deliberately antagonistic on this or what Dixie? I've said at least 4 times now that I used the word nice in reference to how you described the missing Israelis. If you can't understand that concept, or are calling me a liar, then I can't help you.

For effect, you keep posting my reply, which clearly shows me bolding the phrase. The fact you use the same technique yourself in bolding my word is ironic.

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 07:20:03 PM
Are you being deliberately antagonistic on this or what Dixie? I've said at least 4 times now that I used the word nice in reference to how you described the missing Israelis. If you can't understand that concept, or are calling me a liar, then I can't help you.

For effect, you keep posting my reply, which clearly shows me bolding the phrase. The fact you use the same technique yourself in bolding my word is ironic.

AZ, I posted a photo of a bombed out car and 2 dead Palestinians and your 1st reaction is to have a go at me for correctly calling the 3 missing illegal settlers what they are called under international law.

Your use of the word "Nice" as your 1st word in response is what got my back up.

In the past 5 years since I have been posting here on Palestine close to 2,000 Palestinians have been slaughtered by Israel with the full support of the US. 500 of those killed are children.

I have been posting for days now on the alleged disappearance of 3 illegal settlers, the murders of 10 people, injuries to hundreds, and kidnapping of hundreds of Palestinians in retaliation.

In reply to my post and photo, you said this "Nice. I have sympathy for the Palestinian People, and I think the Israeli government are a disgrace, but you really make it hard sometimes."

From that reply you are more bothered by my calling them by their correct name as you are about the deaths of 2 men driving along in their car in Gaza.

If in any way I have offended you by calling illegal settlers illegal settlers, then you have my full and unreserved apology.