The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball DeBeaver

ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

give her dixie

The chosen people get back to doing what they do best. Killing people and commiting a war crime......

Illegal Israeli bullet claims a Palestinian life

Israeli forces shot dead a young Palestinian protester Tuesday night using bullets prohibited by international law.

Mahmoud Adel Faris al-Teiti, 25, was hit in the head by expanding "dum dum" bullets during clashes at the al-Fawwar refugee camp near Hebron, according to local media.

"Dum dum" bullets, first made by British colonial forces in India's Calcutta, expand on impact to limit penetration and produce a larger diameter wound. The use of expanding bullets is prohibited by the 1899 Hague Declaration and is listed as a war crime in the Statute of the International Criminal Court (Article 8(2)(b)(xix)).

Witnesses said Israeli soldiers raided Fuwar and opened fire after coming under a barrage of rocks from local Palestinians. Hospital officials said a 25-year-old man died after being shot in the head and two others were wounded by the Israelis.

Two other young men were shot and injured by live ammunition. Another six were hit by rubber-coated bullets.

Israeli forces say they only shoot live fire in 'life-threatening situations', but reports of their use in recent weeks have been abundant.

According to Palestinian officials, al-Teiti was the sixth Palestinian killed by Israeli fire in the Israeli-occupied West Bank since the beginning of this year. A seventh was killed on the Gaza border on January 11.

Palestinians have also taken to the streets to protest against Israel's extrajudicial jailing of thousands of their countrymen. The resulting confrontations, often bloody, have drawn warnings on both sides that a full Palestinian revolt could be brewing.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/illegal-israeli-bullet-claims-palestinian-life
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Ball DeBeaver

I see you neglected to mention he was in Hamas and that the mob he was part of had cornered the soldiers, throwing petrol bombs. I can't think why they fired on them.  ::)
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

give her dixie

Thousands attend funeral of man killed by Israeli army

HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Clashes broke out between Israeli forces and mourners on Wednesday at the funeral of Mahmoud al-Teiti, who was shot dead by an Israeli soldier in a refugee camp near Hebron a day earlier.

Al-Teiti, a 25-year-old journalism student, died in Abu al-Hasan al-Qasim Hospital in Yatta on Tuesday. Medics said he had been shot in the head by an expanding "dum dum" bullet during an Israeli military raid on al-Fawwar camp.

PLC members, faction leaders and the governor of Hebron attended the funeral.

Mourners marched through the camp carrying al-Teiti's body, and called on national and Islamic factions to respond to the killing. Al-Teiti was buried in a cemetery in the camp.

At the entrance to al-Fawwar, Palestinians threw stones and empty bottles at soldiers, who fired tear gas and rubber bullets. Four people were injured by rubber bullets.

An Israeli military spokesman told Ma'an that forces fired "riot dispersal means" at Palestinians who threw rocks at soldiers.

Senior Fatah official Abbas Zaki said the killing of al-Teiti was a criminal act of complete brutality committed in cold blood.

He called on the international community to hold Israel to account for shooting at unarmed civilians.

The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Islamic Jihad, vowed to retaliate to "the execution" of al-Teiti,

"Zionists know only the language of blood. Yesterday they fired their machineguns at young people in al-Fawwar refugee camp, and executed Mahmoud al-Teiti at close range," a brigades spokesman said.

"We will work on retaliating to this gruesome crime," he added.

Citing the results of an initial investigation, an Israeli military spokeswoman said the troops had been attacked with fire-bombs on a nearby road and pursued the assailants into al-Fawwar, where they encountered the stone-throwers.

"Feeling a threat to their lives, they (the soldiers) fired toward the assaulters," the spokeswoman said, confirming that a Palestinian was killed in the shooting.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=574638&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.UUCffzeRTQ0.facebook

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Ball DeBeaver

QuoteCiting the results of an initial investigation, an Israeli military spokeswoman said the troops had been attacked with fire-bombs on a nearby road and pursued the assailants into al-Fawwar, where they encountered the stone-throwers.
Is it beyond belief that they were defending themselves?
I think I'll wait for an official enquiry before throwing accusations.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on March 13, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
QuoteCiting the results of an initial investigation, an Israeli military spokeswoman said the troops had been attacked with fire-bombs on a nearby road and pursued the assailants into al-Fawwar, where they encountered the stone-throwers.
Is it beyond belief that they were defending themselves?
I think I'll wait for an official enquiry before throwing accusations.

An Israeli inquiry is worthless . Israel doesn't do responsibility. You won't see Jewish soldiers court martialled for the  murder of civilians.
And what are Israeli soldiers doing in the West Bank anyway? Running an illegal occupation for the sake of half a million miserable Jewish settlers who think God is theirs. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ball DeBeaver

There's nearly a million now.

Nice to have you back Seafoid, it's not the same when you get into a proper debate. ;D
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

I think that the two state solution is the only feasible option,

That was in 1965. not now. 700000 settlers . The only reason they are there is to kill the 2 SS.
who is going to take the Jews out of Hebron?

but it will take a hell of a lot of diplomacy for Israel to feel comfortable with having a sovereign palestinian state, just itching to take on Israel and settle a few scores. Both sides have a lot of growing up to do. But I would bet my last penny that there will be a physical wall between the two for a long time to come.

Israelis like the status quo. they like the fact that the Palestinians are over there under the heel of the IDF.
It's worth at least 20% of their income. Very hard to get them to see that peace would be better.

The whole "jewish land" spiel is bullshit and can't reasonably be used as an argument. But what the palestinians have to accept is that there was a jewish state there long before any of them were, so an accommodation needs to be made,

Palestinians have come around to the fact that the Jews are there . It has nothing to do with the Bible.
There were French soldiers in Acre in 1254. Part of a crusader state. Do the palestinians have to recognise the rights of France to their country too?   

Fear ón Srath Bán

In today's Irish Times:

Sir, – A week ago, I received an official invitation from Ireland's representative to the Palestinian Authority, inviting me to celebrate St Patrick's Day in Jerusalem in the company of the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Alan Shatter.

The event was scheduled for March 13th, in the middle of Mr Shatter's five-day visit to Israel.

As I am currently working with the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) in Gaza, I was surprised to get the invitation. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) understands the restrictions that apply when travelling in and out of Gaza as a result of the illegal Israeli blockade, but I thought that perhaps it was organising an exception for those of us based here. However, I was ultimately informed that, while Israel might allow me to enter through Erez, I would not be allowed to return to Gaza that way.

It is roughly 50 miles across Israeli territory to reach Jerusalem, but Palestinians in Gaza are not permitted to make that journey. This is life under the blockade – Palestinians are unable to visit their relatives and friends in the rest of Palestine and cannot work or study outside of Gaza. Only a few international officials and aid workers from the largest NGOs are allowed through the Israeli-controlled Erez crossing.

This example illustrates the sad reality for Palestinians here, particularly regarding the harsh restrictions on movement. Gaza is indeed an open-air prison. Moreover, in recent weeks, Israel has tightened its grip by further restricting crossings and by reducing the flow of desperately needed goods into this territory. Israel has killed four Palestinians in Gaza and wounded more than 90 since the "ceasefire" agreement that ended last November's war.

It is crucial that Mr Shatter and the Government make their voices heard against this appalling blockade and let Israel know that it must stop now. It is morally wrong to treat Israel as a friend of Ireland while the Palestinian people are abused in this manner. The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is the consequence of political decisions taken in Israel and could be ended tomorrow. – Yours, etc,

CHRIS ANDREWS,

El Shawwa Building,

Southern Rimal,

Gaza,

Palestine.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 15, 2013, 01:56:22 PM
In today's Irish Times:

Sir, – A week ago, I received an official invitation from Ireland's representative to the Palestinian Authority, inviting me to celebrate St Patrick's Day in Jerusalem in the company of the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Alan Shatter.

The event was scheduled for March 13th, in the middle of Mr Shatter's five-day visit to Israel.

As I am currently working with the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) in Gaza, I was surprised to get the invitation. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) understands the restrictions that apply when travelling in and out of Gaza as a result of the illegal Israeli blockade, but I thought that perhaps it was organising an exception for those of us based here. However, I was ultimately informed that, while Israel might allow me to enter through Erez, I would not be allowed to return to Gaza that way.

It is roughly 50 miles across Israeli territory to reach Jerusalem, but Palestinians in Gaza are not permitted to make that journey. This is life under the blockade – Palestinians are unable to visit their relatives and friends in the rest of Palestine and cannot work or study outside of Gaza. Only a few international officials and aid workers from the largest NGOs are allowed through the Israeli-controlled Erez crossing.

This example illustrates the sad reality for Palestinians here, particularly regarding the harsh restrictions on movement. Gaza is indeed an open-air prison. Moreover, in recent weeks, Israel has tightened its grip by further restricting crossings and by reducing the flow of desperately needed goods into this territory. Israel has killed four Palestinians in Gaza and wounded more than 90 since the "ceasefire" agreement that ended last November's war.

It is crucial that Mr Shatter and the Government make their voices heard against this appalling blockade and let Israel know that it must stop now. It is morally wrong to treat Israel as a friend of Ireland while the Palestinian people are abused in this manner. The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is the consequence of political decisions taken in Israel and could be ended tomorrow. – Yours, etc,

CHRIS ANDREWS,

El Shawwa Building,

Southern Rimal,

Gaza,

Palestine.

Shatter is a Zionist. He doesn't believe in equality for non Jews in "the land of Israel". 

Ball DeBeaver

The only people to "have tightened its grip by further restricting crossings and by reducing the flow of desperately needed goods into this territory" was Hamas. There were over 100 trucks at one crossing alone with food that was rapidly rotting. But don't let that get in the way of a good rant.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on March 15, 2013, 03:19:36 PM
The only people to "have tightened its grip by further restricting crossings and by reducing the flow of desperately needed goods into this territory" was Hamas. There were over 100 trucks at one crossing alone with food that was rapidly rotting. But don't let that get in the way of a good rant.
Why doesn't Israel allow the free flow of food into Gaza?

muppet

Since 1967:

0 Israeli homes demolished by Palestinians;
24,813 Palestinian homes demolished by Israel;

That isn't a war.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2013, 05:09:47 PM
Since 1967:

0 Israeli homes demolished by Palestinians;
24,813 Palestinian homes demolished by Israel;

That isn't a war.
It is just Jewish bigotry dressed up as religion and "security". 

Ball DeBeaver

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2013, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on March 15, 2013, 03:19:36 PM
Why doesn't Israel allow the free flow of food into Gaza?

Why doesn't Hamas allow the free flow of food into Gaza?

Why doesn't Egypt allow the free flow of food into Gaza?
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל